Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

I have no opinion on leaders. Impire is set some time during, I guess, the second game king's reign. and is well.
Odd. I thought I'd really hate it, but it grew on me, gameplay issues aside (and it does have those)

Also, how can you hate on the best archers in the world?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Neruz posted:

That's a Land of Life, Living Plains I think judging by how it looks. I think they were in Warlock but rarer due to not appearing naturally in Arkania. They give +50% to food and heal living units for 4 hp while damaging undead units for 2 hp.

They are tbe opposite of Lands of Death. they are GREAT for food production.
Since they give +50% food, vs Fertile plains' +20%

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Glazius posted:

So can you barricade Krel in his own shard or does he have another outpost here you need to take care of?

The tropical shard looks really neat. Are there races that can build on sea tiles?

Also, does the amount of mana you get from a temple city depend on its size, or is it fixed?

Shard blockading is tricky. eventually he'll fill up all the empty spaces, and the portal will teleport him in beyond the lines.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Torrannor posted:

:siren: UPDATE IN THE PREVIOUS POST! :siren:

Is that a Golddale Duck II?

While teleportation is not meta-teleportation, it's still nice. Though I suppose you have to clear the fog of war first to teleport units over the sea? Luckily, we have a flying undead ship!

These numbers in the upper left corner make it impossible to tell how much money you have. I hope you are not too far away from accumulating the gold to pay that stupid witch. I know I suffer from Paradox induced pretty-borders-syndrome, but your LP is giving me pretty-landscape-syndrome as well.

That was a nice overview over the Svart economy. I take it Planestriders are better at generating mana than our Svarts?

The worst part is the stupid witch nags you every two turns or so. Even when you have nowhere near 1000 gold...

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

In #1 I used mainly Dwarves and Elves. Because upgraded both are absurd.

Also probably a few dragons for air support.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

PotatoManJack posted:

What the heck was that big fiery explosion that happened about halfway through the update?

Volcanos.

Yes, plural.

Some of Mr Ephemeral's terraforming spells are a bit more dramatic than others.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Neruz posted:

Special resources are highly soluble and must be kept away from water at all times.

Also must be kept away from mountains. As I recall, certain tile raising hyjinks also destroy special resources. permenantly.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Plus he's enjoying his (mostly) goblin free holiday.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Build the last two unit types you haven't shown off!

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Drakenel posted:

Lot of effort posting, but I almost never use ranger guilds. They suck, and rogues will do the exploring if you must. But really, Warrior and Clerics are the bread and butter. Mage guilds are entirely not worth your time as they're just money sinks for little to no lasting benefit. Getting dwarf and elf guilds are the push for mid game, the former for being able to tank just about anything and the latter for their ridiculous damage. The game says they don't get along, but all that means is they'll take time to run over and stun each other every now and then. Rogues are good for being ridiculously cheap, poisoning your hero's weapons, and they have stun kicks that make fighting bigger monsters much less dangerous.

But as always, it's all about the trading posts. Money is everything.

The effort post got me to play more this morning, and Rogues are also great at running in and half killing anything.

Then dying because they're made of paper, but can't have everything.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

quote:

“You know, I'd like it if your men didn't start thinking that any sort of lapse in planing could be solved by resurrection”

Oh Svarts, you so silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

aerion111 posted:

Sounds interesting, might be worth getting the DLC for that.
Creating 'aquatic' worlds wouldn't be too hard, and it'd be a major annoyance to anyone else wanting to invade, travel through, or just generally interact with the shard.

Some of the worlds are already pretty aquatic. I do wonder if you'll have to wait for teleport spells to be able to move your armies through to different shards. it was the lack of that that made regular naval units kinda useless in Warlock 2.

• Locked thread