Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Soulex posted:

Gigi. Ok. If you had to pick one to keep, one to sell, and one to two foot tackle. Who would it be?

Bin era, Constant, and Mexes

Sell Constant, keep Mexes, break Bonera's legs. Mexes was at least good at one time. The others never were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

Gigi Galli posted:

Sell Constant, keep Mexes, break Bonera's legs. Mexes was at least good at one time. The others never were.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
Its kinda sad thinking about how milan threw away everyone from their succesful years before they could really impart anything from what made them successful onto a new generation of players

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

canepazzo posted:

Not a lucky draw for Napoli's UCL playoff, as they got Athletic de Bilbao (out of a pool including Lille, Besiktas, Standard Liège and Juventus favourite team, F.C. København)

Still should be an excellent play-off, looking forward to it.

In the EL, Torino drew FK Split (not the more famous/better Hajduk Split, who are also in this competition) and Inter gets to go to the Icelandic hamlet where LazyTown is filmed (no, really) to play the Cinderella story, conquerers of Bangor City, Motherwell and Lech Poznan, the lowest ranked team remaining in European competition, Stjarnan. Suffice it to say that the world is supporting them.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Milan got Diego Lopez, from Real, on a free transfer, 3 year contract.

RIP Agazzi 2014-2014

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

Milan got Diego Lopez, from Real, on a free transfer, 3 year contract.

RIP Agazzi 2014-2014

He sucked rear end and deserved it.

I wonder who will start, Lopez or Abbiati.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Fiorentina is closing to signing Marko Marin, a former hot prospect (he's from the same litter as Reus and Gotze) but who's lost his way in the last 2-3 years. Voted "worst purchase of 2012" by Chelsea fans, he played half a year in Seville last year due to injuries.

The kind of player profile we usually get and hopefully facilitate a comeback for.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Just saw this too and was gonna ask about him. Is he going to be a Cuadrado replacement type or something else?

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Soulex posted:

Just saw this too and was gonna ask about him. Is he going to be a Cuadrado replacement type or something else?

He's more of a trequartista tho he played as winger this last season. Was injured often.

Being that he's coming on a loaner, I'd say he's not the Cuadrado replacement.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Soulex posted:

I remember him being fast in Germany but I think hes had a ton of injuries.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

canepazzo posted:

He's more of a trequartista tho he played as winger this last season. Was injured often.

Being that he's coming on a loaner, I'd say he's not the Cuadrado replacement.

I thought it was a sale. Read a little on him and it said he could play on the wing which is why I asked.

It said he thrived with Özil, so hopefully he will with Gomez

Edit: also, how is Savic worth 7m? :psyduck:

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Soulex posted:

I thought it was a sale. Read a little on him and it said he could play on the wing which is why I asked.

It said he thrived with Özil, so hopefully he will with Gomez

Edit: also, how is Savic worth 7m? :psyduck:

Where did you get that valuation from? Afaik we were asking for 9m and Isla for him from Juve.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

canepazzo posted:

Where did you get that valuation from? Afaik we were asking for 9m and Isla for him from Juve.

Whoops, mixed Neto's eval (moved from 3 to 6m this season) was gonna mention it but forgot.

13m on transfermarket.com.

I'm tired, :ohdear:

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Few more twitter accounts to follow until September:

HasCuadradoSignedYet - @Cuadradoyet
Has Vidal Signed Yet - @hasvidalsigned_
Benatia Sign Yet? - @benatiasignyet
Has Pogba Signed Yet - @HasPogbaSigned

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Not gonna lie, I'll probably cry when Cuadrado leaves. Watching him celebrate right in front of me was the best, and it's something I won't forget :(

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Picture doesn't need any comment.

Vexin
Jan 13, 2014

http://www.football-italia.net/54171/coppa-italia-first-round-results

Here are the results for the first round of the Coppa Italia. The second round will be next Sunday and will see the Serie B teams come into the mix. If Bologna, Catania, and Livorno fail to beat L'Aquila, Südtirol, and Bassano, respectively, it will no doubt only add to the humiliation of being relegated from Serie A in the first place. Last year's Serie B darlings, Bari, host Savona.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Vexin posted:

http://www.football-italia.net/54171/coppa-italia-first-round-results

Here are the results for the first round of the Coppa Italia. The second round will be next Sunday and will see the Serie B teams come into the mix. If Bologna, Catania, and Livorno fail to beat L'Aquila, Südtirol, and Bassano, respectively, it will no doubt only add to the humiliation of being relegated from Serie A in the first place. Last year's Serie B darlings, Bari, host Savona.

My surname-sake lost :( I didn't even know Taranto had a team, have they ever done anything?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

God drat it Prato

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

canepazzo posted:

Picture doesn't need any comment.
god drat i need this

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Losing to Bassano. Shameful :mad:

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Fiorentina won a tiny cup, in Malaga:

Also, Rossi scored again. Never a banal goal, that guy:

https://vine.co/v/MV0QJFKV6EY

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXhQI6OF_vk

Pepe scored :3:

I really hate the backs of the new shirt.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

That Pogba goal was real nice.

Vexin
Jan 13, 2014

Gigi Galli posted:

That Pogba goal was real nice.

Agreed (and sorry about Vicenza).

Drogadon posted:

I really hate the backs of the new shirt.

Also agreed--the lettering of the player names and the player numbers look like they belong on different shirts.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Ferrero is the new De Laurentis. Some of his pearls of wisdom today (some of them translate badly from italian):

"Here they do stuff like Camillo and Don Peppone"
"I want to bring back the grandpas to the stadium"
"I see Mihajlovic as the new Italia manager"
"Lotito is a protagonist, in a wedding he wants to be the groom, in a funeral he wants to be the corpse"

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

Ferrero is the new De Laurentis. Some of his pearls of wisdom today (some of them translate badly from italian):

"Here they do stuff like Camillo and Don Peppone"
"I want to bring back the grandpas to the stadium"
"I see Mihajlovic as the new Italia manager"
"Lotito is a protagonist, in a wedding he wants to be the groom, in a funeral he wants to be the corpse"

Movie moguls make the best presidents it seems.

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
...and what about the kick in the groin?

canepazzo posted:

I can hear my nonna(s) saying this. Awesome.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

So the final FIGC election is today and they've already gone through 2 votes, with Tavecchio getting ~60% of the votes, Albertini getting 35 or so and the remainders are "blank votes", meaning nobody. Unfortunately for Tavecchio you have to have a certain majority to actually win. Im not sure of the exact rules but it appears that it gets harder to win after each re-vote. Right now they're doing the third one and I doubt much changes. I hope they're there all loving day and nothing gets done, it would be the most Italian of processes.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

So the final FIGC election is today and they've already gone through 2 votes, with Tavecchio getting ~60% of the votes, Albertini getting 35 or so and the remainders are "blank votes", meaning nobody. Unfortunately for Tavecchio you have to have a certain majority to actually win. Im not sure of the exact rules but it appears that it gets harder to win after each re-vote. Right now they're doing the third one and I doubt much changes. I hope they're there all loving day and nothing gets done, it would be the most Italian of processes.

Actually on third and subsequent 50% +1 is enough. :italy:

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

is such a loving amazing line

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

straight up brolic posted:

is such a loving amazing line

Famously it was said by Benigni about Berlusconi, but it's probably a popular saying from the dawn of time :D

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

Actually on third and subsequent 50% +1 is enough. :italy:

Tavecchio will win then, though I can't find anything.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

Tavecchio will win then, though I can't find anything.

Yup, he's just been declared :gonk:

And as his first act, he accepted Novara's appeal and the Serie B is now back to 22 teams.

canepazzo fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Aug 11, 2014

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

Yup, he's just been declared :gonk:

And as his first act, he accepted Novara's appeal and the Serie B is now back to 22 teams.

I guess that doesn't really affect much but I still hope they go back down to 20 at the end of the season. I have a feeling the lower league teams are going to get a lot of love in the coming years, which could be pretty good but alternatively good be really loving bad.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
You don't get 60% of the votes by wanting to make a revolution, and especially if your voters are rich and risk adverse old men.
Not that Albertini was a great alternative. One thing Tavecchio is right about, the Serie A has too few italian players.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Cippalippus posted:

You don't get 60% of the votes by wanting to make a revolution, and especially if your voters are rich and risk adverse old men.
Not that Albertini was a great alternative. One thing Tavecchio is right about, the Serie A has too few italian players.

Yeah, ban Giuseppe Rossi imo

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

sassassin posted:

Yeah, ban Giuseppe Rossi imo

I will fight you

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Tavecchio has given Conte a call about the Italy job.

Hmmm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Gigi Galli posted:

Tavecchio has given Conte a call about the Italy job.

Hmmm.

Last I had heard, Conte had been saying he doesn't want the job to every outlet that would give him an ear. That, of course, means jack all and I would be very pleased if this is true and he accepted.

• Locked thread