Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Let's do this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

What would happen if he won?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Speaking of poo poo

Merda FC's Allegri is apparently trying to bolster defense. Why? Chiellini, Barzagli, Ogbonna, Bonucci, and Caceres (when he is consistent). Unless he is goin for a 4atb which would be dumb. Juventus thrives on that 3-5-2.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Slaapaav posted:

its better than playing asamoah at leftback. watching him play for ghana in the world cup was some sad poo poo

He was pissed about that. He can play LB but prefers to attack, and I dont blame him. Hes a great player and being inhibited like that sucks. But they have Evra who can fill that role now. I think Chiellini can play on the right(?) but still, even though I want Juve to crash and burn, why gently caress up a working system? That won 3 scudetti

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Here are my Serie A/Azzuri kits:

Fiorentina 12/13 Third Kit. No name on the back.

Fiorentina 13/14 Home kit. Mario Gomez. Match ready

Fiorentina 12/13 Home kit. Jovetic. Name is corrupted on the back

Napoli 11/12 Away kit. Inler. Match ready and skin tight

Fiorentina 97/98 Away kit. Batistuta

Fiorentina 12/13 Away kit. Joaquin. Signed by Rossi, Gomez, Joaquin, Vargas, and Borja Valero

Italy 2012 Home kit. Chiellini.

That's honestly have my collection. My thing is to get a kit every where I visit (passing through doesn't count). I still actually owe myself a few kits, mainly countries, but I negate this for Viola kits because I am a fan, and I wear Viola all the time.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Samp has gotten rid of ball boys this season...

Using adult women instead

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Napoli was just ordered to change stadium seats due to safety concerns via UEFA.

Wonder what will happen if they don't get them changed in time.

The season needs to hurry up and start already.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Then the circle of life is complete

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I forgot to ask, what is the situation on Serie B? Sienna went under right? So that means a spot is open

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

Siena with one N, it's not a Toyota.

Also there's nobody taking the place, it'll just be a 21 league team this year, and I think 20 next year.

Your Italian names and the fancy letters.

Hoping Prato doesn't suck a large dick this year.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Robviously posted:

I had an ex that learned about "n"s after asking my grandmother for another bowl of pene. Ironically, her enjoyment of pene is part of why we broke up...

What is the difference in pronouncing the 2. I might have been saying penis all these years

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Vexin posted:

Thank you. :)

Keeping with the Tuscan theme, that picture of the Empoli fans that was posted last page was awesome. I hope they manage a better fate this year than Livorno did last year.

No disrespect, sucks for Tuscans to be out IMO. Italian words are hard :negative:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

So my brother in law just got me this

Coin is 1990. Got it from a banker. poo poo is unreal how much poo poo he gives me for Viola :)

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Soulex posted:

So my brother in law just got me this

Coin is 1990. Got it from a banker. poo poo is unreal how much poo poo he gives me for Viola :)

I've been looking online for more information about this thing but I can't find anything at all. The only thing I know is that it has a certificate of authenticity with it, and it's from 1990-ish. Not really interested in the cost (though I'll admit I'm curious) but I really want to know why these things were made, and in limited quantity.

I've also just been struck by the realization that if Serie A limits the amount of foreign players that Fiorentina are going to hurt a lot. I think we only have 3 in our starting 11? More if some of the lesser players get to step up. 2 from Chile, 3 Argentina, 3 Spain, etc. It'll be crazy for sure.

I'm also curious on how Ciprian Tătărușanu is going to fit in. He doesn't seem the type that wants to play back up. Neither does Neto after so many years on the bench.

Silly season needs to hurry up and end. I'm already convinced that we aren't going to sign anyone over 10m or anything like that. I'm glad we are getting some defenders, which we needed pretty bad imo. If no one bids for Cuadrado by the end of the week, chances are he won't move.

Also, are we going to do a Serie A fantasy football thing? I'm willing to help throw in for a prize for the top team or whatever. We just need to decide what.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

I think a lot of clubs put out things like that just for fun. That particular one looks like a commander's coin or a unit coin from the military :)

If you guys want to do fantasy please do it in the other forum, as per the sticky rules.

We will. I was just wondering if there was any interest. Unless we get like 10 people or more or something, there isn't really even a point to it.

It does kind of look like a commander's coin. I have one the size of a belt buckle. It's really huge.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Troy Queef posted:

Sky Italia are reporting that ManUtd have offered €40 million for Cuadrado.

That sound your heard was the wailing and gnashing of teeth from an army base in Germany/a sizable part of Tuscany.

:(

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Inter want 30m for Icardi :lol:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Pistoia :argh:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Vexin posted:

Did they take away the lion's sword in the new flag because it ~triggered~ the terrafirma?

The same article also claims that the plan is to take Destro from Roma if someone pays up for Icardi.

Also, I'm particularly charmed by Tuttosport's front page headline claiming that Ibra definitely wants to come back to Juventus. I mean, his father's sister's neighbor's cousin* heard him say it, it's totally true!

*the actual source cited was his former manager at Malmö.

The " money is no object" part got me. Also, PSG pays for players, not really in the market to sell them.

And if anyone pays 30m for Icardi I'll loving tattoo my balls with "Wanda"

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Vexin posted:

You're right, the lion with the sword was usually [heraldry wasn't regulated as strictly in Venice as elsewhere] displayed on a navy ship instead of a merchant ship. I was just making a bad joke. ;)

Oh the men of TRP and their balls...

Re: Sassuolo, I saw that their GK just had surgery to repair a broken leg. Berardi's going to have to up the pace, apparently.

I won't suck and run like that fucker did. If I can find someone to do it, and it goes through, my wife is going to be very confused

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Saw an article on Forza Italian Football. Felt it was appropriate for next years thread

Serie A: Retirement Home for Over Thirties

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

It's confirmed by Santos

Im so happy

Im crying

No you're not. Mexes is still there

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

So Cuadrado had a meeting today. They said if a big deal comes in the next 10 days he will leave. Cuadrado wants to make the next step in his career but is willing to stay one more year if nothing happens.

Its also going to be very open in terms of bidding so Viola want an auction essentially

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Yeah I have a feeling he is going to go too. We are in the market for Bonaventura apparently. Cant rate him cause Ive never seen him play. Just as long as we get someone worth a poo poo. Or someones.

Also if they do a trade for anyone at ManU like fellani, or fat anderson im gonna be pissed

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Everyone has to be special.

Not gonna lie. Im hard pressed to see who could replace Cuadrado. Its not like we have a huge wage budget either

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Constant to Trabanszor or whatever it's spelled is a done deal

Look for Armero to be joining Milan shortly.

Milan doing some smart transfers

Edit: officially nervous now actually. I think this season is gonna be a crazy battle for the top 4.

Soulex fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Aug 8, 2014

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I'd much rather have armero than Constant. :colbert:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Gigi. Ok. If you had to pick one to keep, one to sell, and one to two foot tackle. Who would it be?

Bin era, Constant, and Mexes

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Just saw this too and was gonna ask about him. Is he going to be a Cuadrado replacement type or something else?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

canepazzo posted:

He's more of a trequartista tho he played as winger this last season. Was injured often.

Being that he's coming on a loaner, I'd say he's not the Cuadrado replacement.

I thought it was a sale. Read a little on him and it said he could play on the wing which is why I asked.

It said he thrived with Özil, so hopefully he will with Gomez

Edit: also, how is Savic worth 7m? :psyduck:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

canepazzo posted:

Where did you get that valuation from? Afaik we were asking for 9m and Isla for him from Juve.

Whoops, mixed Neto's eval (moved from 3 to 6m this season) was gonna mention it but forgot.

13m on transfermarket.com.

I'm tired, :ohdear:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Not gonna lie, I'll probably cry when Cuadrado leaves. Watching him celebrate right in front of me was the best, and it's something I won't forget :(

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

God drat it Prato

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

sassassin posted:

Yeah, ban Giuseppe Rossi imo

I will fight you

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I think Conte was more focused on the Scudetto to be assed with Europe. If that was his only goal, I think he would do well.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I'll be surprised if Roma don't do well in Europe tbh.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I think they'll do good. Napoli has some depth, but they always play like they don't give a gently caress.

Who is Roma seeded against?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I'm jumping the gun.

Is it the end of August already :ohdear:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I would prefer Cuadrado to go to barcelona than Man U. A Cuadrado VS Ronaldo match would be awesome.

Silly season is in full swing as there are now rumors that Rossi is going to Liverpool (laugh!) and that Khediras "girlfriend" prefers a move to Viola.

Khedira would be a great addition, especially with Gomez and the new dude from Chelsea on loan who can help him fit in.

Speakin of. I hope our loan dude does good. 5m buyout at the end of the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Lucas Batistuta will be playing in Florence this year at Porta Romana!

• Locked thread