Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Great OP as always. I'm looking forward to a year of cheering on Max Allegri? :sweatdrop: Is there a pill I can take instead or do I just need to drink more?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Nostradingus posted:

Just dropping in to remind everyone that Tancredi Palmeri has the most hilarious Super Mario-type stereotypical Italian accent ever.

In a similar vein, Germano Mosconi will always be the old man voice I hear when I think of anyone other than my nonni yelling about calcio.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

They never did close that door.... :allears:

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Soulex posted:

Samp has gotten rid of ball boys this season...

Using adult women instead

I got no problem letting adult women handle balls... :pervert:

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Gigi Galli posted:

Siena with one N, it's not a Toyota.

I had an ex that learned about "n"s after asking my grandmother for another bowl of pene. Ironically, her enjoyment of pene is part of why we broke up...

In more interesting news, it doesn't look like Vidal is actually going anywhere aside from the tour of Asia that Juve are currently on. Allegri is saying that he committed to Juve, the team have said that they'll only move him if he asks for a transfer, and Vidal himself hasn't said anything other than " I do not go to Manchester." :v:

I'm honestly glad that it looks like we're gonna keep him at least another year, so long that if/when we do sell him we get a large ransom in return.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Gigi Galli posted:

Four teams get relegated from B, so there will be the champions of each group + a playoff winner. Im not sure how big the playoffs will be though.

It would all be a hell of a lot easier if they just decided to relegate 3 teams instead. Three go up and three go down each way.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Soulex posted:

Inter want 30m for Icardi :lol:

Hey, I needed a good laugh today!

Sport Mediaset appears to think Milan struck a deal with Genoa for Perin at 10m. They'll be getting themselves a hell of a keeper on the cheap if that's accurate.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Gigi Galli posted:

Lol

Perin for 10 million is a steal. He's young, talented and Italian so it's going to cost more than other an average keeper.

This, basically. You're look at the guy who, barring something, will be the national team's keeper for the next 2-3 world cups. 10m is a lot for a keeper but if this kid is anything like what he seems, he's absolutely a steal at a quarter the price that Juve paid for Buffon.

Edit: Buffon got sold for 45m, so yeah, getting Perin for 10m is pretty drat cheap. I read somewhere that Inzaghi was pissed that they couldn't keep the ball out of the back of the net and this is a drat fine way to fix that.

Robviously fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Aug 6, 2014

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Gigi Galli posted:

Tavecchio has given Conte a call about the Italy job.

Hmmm.

Last I had heard, Conte had been saying he doesn't want the job to every outlet that would give him an ear. That, of course, means jack all and I would be very pleased if this is true and he accepted.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Vexin posted:

I spent too much time trying to figure out where the gently caress some of the teams in Siena's girone are and somehow missed the news that Wanda and Mauro are expecting.

So is the tattoo artist gonna be in the delivery room or is that more of a christening thing?

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Funkysauce posted:

Is it really that bad? There's no money?

I can't believe that they can't pay.

Also: What does the average football fan think of Serie A in general. I know the prestige level has fallen a bit but is it really as bad as people make it sound? Like, "OMG I CAN'T GO TO ITALY IT'S SUCH A STEP BACK I BETTER PLAY FLURGENBERGENPLATZ" or some poo poo? If I remember correctly Visic needed to release a statement as to why going to Italy was not a step back in his career.

I'm too biased to think Serie A is that poo poo.

In all honesty, Serie A is on such a trajectory that MLS is going to be a better/more respected league in +/- 4 years.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

tbp posted:

Lets not get stupid

Eh, I'll be a bit reactionary but really the fact that Juve has done what it's done is really telling about the quality of the league. Last year wasn't a runaway but to still easily beat out a club that had, by most accounts, a record year for the Scudetto is shameful.

Troy Queef posted:

Is there any way to stop the rot? I mean, the Bundesliga was considered crap no more than a decade ago and now it's being heralded as the real best league in the world.

Clubs need to start throwing everything they can at Europe and have two or three teams go deep in the CL for a few years. I could be completely off base but I feel like no one wants to play in Italy because there's no real competition at the European levels and there's no real competition for the European spots, outside of a couple surprises.

Basically the entire league needs an overhaul and an influx of that sweet Europe money and that ain't gonna happen in the good old boys club that is Series A.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Soulex posted:

Pizza Napoli (the garbage man pizza)

Garbage men make good pizza... :sigh:

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Gigi Galli posted:

Proper Napolitano pizza is actually the greatest pizza on earth.

Serie A 14/15: The quality of our league is inversely proportional to the quality of our pizza.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

What a lot of it comes down to is that homegrown talent means precisely dick if we can't pay when they get great and we can't pay without giving a poo poo in Europe/ on the national stage. We could see the next Messi, the next Baggio, the next Pele, rise up through the youth ranks and they would get sniped every time by another league who has the cash to pay for them.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Gigi Galli posted:

And yet here is this Mexes, who I think is the top earner at the club now that Mario's gone.

Mexes

Is the top earner.

Burlusconi was being kept alive by underage prostitutes and the impotent rage of the Milanisti and now the girls are gone....

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Gigi Galli posted:

"Sei una donna che fa il pallone" loving lmao

Ahahahahaha... "You are a woman....that... makes (large)ball(s)" Holy poo poo lol.

Edit: I've heard "pallone" also used for "soccer" in the past so it could also mean that but holy poo poo is her reaction great to him basically saying she's hot in one of the worst ways possible.

Robviously fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Sep 1, 2014

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Gigi Galli posted:

You know I didn't even catch that, you're absolutely right

also lol

"si vende" could also mean "sells himself" in that context so it makes even more sense.

The Judas reference is spot on since denari is the word I've heard used for the coins(diamonds) suit in cards. That poo poo is absolutely priceless.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Oh god, stop arguing before you get a red.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Tevez! :toot:

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Gigi Galli posted:

Menez on the left of him and Honda on the right.

~Here I am, stuck watching Milan with you.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

GD piazza watch incoming.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

I think Milan picked up Rophynol as a sponsor the way this game is going so far.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Honda just tied it. Milan seems to be trying to wake up.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

If Milan end up with a tie, they still don't deserve it.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Gigi Galli posted:

whatever mystical force keeping Bonera in the team

quote:

sucking dicks

Probably the most accurate response.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Honda always felt like he was underperforming last year, it's nice to see him on a tear even if he has to do it playing with Milan.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Juve up 1-0 on a handball PK by Cesena.

edit: Lol at the announcer saying that Cesena wouldn't have gotten that penalty if it was the other way around.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

"It's a problem for me because, now, too many rules are open to interpretation." Jesus christ shut the gently caress up..

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Torino just scored again, it looks like. 2-1 now.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Matri's got a brace now for Genoa. Something, something, eat poo poo Hellas.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Gigi Galli posted:

two_terrible_players.txt

milan.txt

tl;dr: Burlusconi says the media misinterpreted him saying Milan would be winning if the coach listened to him.

Number of people who believe him: 0

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

:italy: :allears:

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

calcio posted:

Someone tell Tevez to stop scoring.

Tevez cannot be stopped.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

He gives all of us gifts, really. :allears:

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Oh wow... wow. This is getting insane.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Tevez on a PK.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

This loving game. lol

edit: Someone's getting shanked on the field, aren't they?

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Hahaha, this game is ending 4 on 4. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Bah. That was gorgeous though.

• Locked thread