Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC8XanuhOss

I bet we will see this at the Meazza in a few weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
I know most people would say that literally anyone would be better than Constant, but Armero isn't really that much better than Constant, sorry.

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

I'm excited to sign Maccarone on deadline day.

Oh poo poo, don't even joke about this, that man is evil, please stop :ohdear:

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
Traianos DellasKostas Manolas is probably a shrewd signing, but 30 mio. euros for Benatia seems like a bargain in a world where Mangala goes for 35. Surely Roma could've gotten more, but Benatia being a bit of a bitch during all this probably didn't help the price in the end.

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
Schelotto is a donkey.
Judging by appearence, you already knew that, but no, he's literally a (flying) donkey now. Going to Chievo on a loan with option to buy, along with Botta.

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
Mazzarri being the highest-paid coach in the league is a goddamn travesty and I'm mad about that

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

calcio posted:

Italy, get your poo poo together.

only country with every team remaining in european competitions :smuggo:

Calcio ruling the world once again - ultras beating people because of the way they pronounce words is just a small sacrifice at the altar of football gods to get us back on track to world domination

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
vidic what the christ

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

Great strike from Kovacic there.

his finishing was what needed work on for him to really be great. He now has 5 in 4.

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
Osvaldo has started well at the club, but he NEEDS to stop stealing Batistuta's celebration - that's making me irrationally angry

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

canepazzo posted:

Milan and Inter supposedly reached an agreement re: stadium. Inter is keeping San Siro, and Milan will build a new one.

Source? This has been stated so many times at this point, I wont believe it before Milan actually move into Daniele Bonera Stadium and we're stuck with the worst pitch in all of Italy.

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
I really want Roma to slip up, and I really don't want Jube to win the scudetto. this is an existential crisis-type of dilemma I'm having here lads.

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

Soulex posted:

And the real kicker! Rumors of replacing Inters Mazzeratti with none other than David loving Moyes!

might as well stick with bottle chewer for the rest of the season then - and this is coming from one of his biggest detractors.

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
madness. and lose-lose.

draw changes nothing, and bottle man stays on.

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
Agnelli commented on Moratti's departure with a "he was so crazy in love with the club, he even accepted the 2005/06 Scudetto". I kind of like the response

MILAN - FC Internazionale is saddened to hear that Juventus president Andrea Agnelli has once again attempted to distort the facts and change history. Unfortunately for him, and for Italian football as a whole, 2006 was a disastrous year in which the Scudetto was legitimately awarded to Inter by the FIGC and Juventus were relegated to Serie B along with their reputation. Those are the facts. We will not allow anyone to change them or act as if they did not happen.

:iceburn:

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
After a total of 7 games, Gattuso has stepped down as manager of Crete* nope just kidding, he's staying, citing his love for the city as the main reason. presumably he's just staying on to make more insane interviews like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7clSlIXxBZo

* http://football-italia.net/57776/gattuso-quits-ofi-crete

also in 'a sentence i'd never thought I'd write', Mia Hamm is now on the board of directors at Roma.

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
how's serie a footy today?

cause inter is poo poo as usual :(

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

Troy Queef posted:

Maurito got a late penalty for Inter, meaning that Milan are now officially in third.

This only prolongs suffering under Mazzarri.

In no circumstances did we deserve 6 points from the last two games. We're absolutely poo poo, and the two penalties were basically non existent.

This is what it feels like supporting Juventus, huh? I feel dirty.

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
http://www.football-italia.net/58910/figc-limits-serie-squad

I'm in charge of a football federation who rules over a faltering league which has serious problems attracting top stars, in one of the worse economies in Europe

What do I do? Limit the amount of young talent clubs can attract from overseas and indirectly force teams to buy and start players from one of the poorest generations of italian football players in memory, which will in turn falsely inflate the price of the bonaventuras and ranocchias of this world because, even though this pretty means serie a is only going to decline further, my regulations will surely lead to a better national team or i dunno maybe it wont KEEP BANANA EATERS OUT OF MY COUNTRY BECAUSE THIS IS A TOTALLY LEGITIMATE AND REASONABLE POLITICAL STANDPOINT FOR A HIGH GOVERNING EXECUTIVE TO HAVE IN 2014!!!

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

Essien and Muntari, we're hosed.

You're going up against a midfield which consists of Kuzmanovic and Guarin - you have nothing to fear.

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

Remember when we played each other in the Champions League semis

how the mighty have fallen

Incidentally, the 1-1 match was the first match I ever saw - my 8 year old cried so much that night.

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
gently caress you muntari

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
Shades of Oba-Oba there with the celebration

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
Goal of the year contender

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

this man's face should be hung up in paintings in houses everywhere

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/543229/Man-Utd-Arsenal-Liverpool-Mateo-Kovacic-Inter-Milan

:frogout:

GD, please rename me 'we will sell kovacic for 10 mio so we can buy lucas leiva for 10 mio'

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

Slaapaav posted:

why does the brit press always create these wierd storylines about non italian serie a players

"Pato? Know nothing about him"
- Jamie Redknapp, football expert, in 2009

Yes I pretend every english journalist is like that

straight up brolic posted:

kovacic should come to villa

exactly have icardi too in exchange for hmm agbonlahor or senderos that makes sense

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
Palacio can gently caress right off

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
I thought the Armero species had gone extinct?

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
Someone put a bounty out for Kovacic's head it seems

GreatestLurker fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Dec 15, 2014

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

While it'd be great to have him I'm more interested in getting rid of Torres. I'll be real mad if he's still around at the end of the window especially if it's Inter somehow keeping him around.

Ah yes - making you keep Torres and signing BOTH Podolski and former missing person Lassana Diarra in one transfer window! It is a season to be jolly indeed.

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
It's Jekyll and Hyde halves, once again. But, pretty proud seeing us being as good in the second half as we were, when it was boys against men in the first.

Also, elbows and studs to cunts all day long :getin:

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

canepazzo posted:

Yeah, he's gone, but the thing is, Inter already is under Uefa investigation for the FFP; surely they need to sell to compensate these further expenses?

My bet's on Icardi.

Icardi isn't going anywhere. Neither is Kovacic or Juan Jesus for that matter.

Guarin is the one to go, I hope, although Mancini has the weirdest boner for him. Don't forget, that Alvarez goes to Sunderland for 10 mio. if they stay up. That's a nifty sum right there. If we can get around 10 for Guarin, then we've made a profit buying Podolski and Shaqiri and selling players we don't really need.

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

What do you think will happen to Hernanes? He's being criminally underused in my opinion.

Not as much underused as 'slightly injured' as of late. When he's fit he starts, and rightly so. Kovacis is still balancing between 'awesome' and 'anonymous' every other game, and can't be expected to carry the whole offense by himself, and that's why Hernanes is so crucial to us, even though he isn't playing as he did in Lazio.
As for a transfer? I don't see anyone buying him for close to what we bought him for, and there aren't really any rumors about him leaving, so...

Jose posted:

He's barely played for them lol if they're forced into signing him permanently

I know, it's awesome

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/302B...S3PkUmWmhkDTXbu

goat

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
I unironically want Samp to score, so Ferrero breaks into dance/celebrates like a madman/does something stupid

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
state of that attendance

sort yourself out, calcio :(

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

I wouldn't go see these fuckers lose a cup match on a Tuesday night if I was over there; can't blame them this time.

I get what you're saying, but;

I could go for a 20 minute walk on any given sunday, and find three seperate 7th division clubs with more hardcore fans than that

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

Drogadon posted:

I went on a youtube rabbithole today and this is old inter poo poo but lol anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtgDetWVGmQ

i dunno thats pretty great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

Hopefully Inzaghi will be canned for this.

Bring on Gattuso.

• Locked thread