Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
...and what about the kick in the groin?

pik_d posted:

What exactly is the dividing line between the north and south? Do you have your own mason-dixon line as such?

Gigi Galli posted:

Depends on who you ask. Some say Rome, some say the Po River valley. The farthest south anyone will go is probably Rome though.

I hate this thread so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
I only think of this when I think of Empoli:

Sue me, I was a kid.

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005

canepazzo posted:

"Lotito is a protagonist, in a wedding he wants to be the groom, in a funeral he wants to be the corpse"

I can hear my nonna(s) saying this. Awesome.

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

Supposedly his contract will last until 2016. Seems all but done though, nice of Puma to prop up our FA :v:

We've got a friendly against Holland in 3 weeks I think, I wonder if he'll be able to pull anything out of this side by then. If Rossi doesn't play Im gonna be mad as hell also.

Is it really that bad? There's no money?

I can't believe that they can't pay.

Also: What does the average football fan think of Serie A in general. I know the prestige level has fallen a bit but is it really as bad as people make it sound? Like, "OMG I CAN'T GO TO ITALY IT'S SUCH A STEP BACK I BETTER PLAY FLURGENBERGENPLATZ" or some poo poo? If I remember correctly Visic needed to release a statement as to why going to Italy was not a step back in his career.

I'm too biased to think Serie A is that poo poo.

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

Proper Napolitano pizza is actually the greatest pizza on earth.

Troy Queef posted:

yes, yes it is

Ah, get hosed all of you. You are all undeserving.

So do you guys really think "not giving a poo poo about Europe" is what makes Serie A a weaker league? I feel like I hear of younger players that are supposed to be the next big thing that peter out or get sold off. Does player development or lack of, play a part?

I mean everyone loves to go hunt down some gutter snipe from Rio or Buenos Aires instead of homegrowing players. Growing player ins Italy, would (I think) make player costs lower allowing for more money to spent back on the team and grow richer talent, raising the competition of the league. That will also attract the big name foreigners, again bringing the league up.

I could also be full of poo poo and half-asleep.

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

Also happy ferragosto, fuckers!!!

Totally forgot...stupid Americans....

My parents are making tomato sauce today too... I should have called out sick.

I understand the point that homegrown talent would be sniped, but at the same time the amount of money they command could be useful going down the line. I'm not talking about immediate ROI here, which is obviously the mentality in sports in general. I'm talking 10 years or so, like the Bundesliga managed to do.

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005

Soulex posted:

Vidic was stuck In an elevator for two hours today haha

I got stuck in an elevator for 40 minutes in my aunt's building in Rome. What is up with Italian elevators?

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005

canepazzo posted:

Any penalty for territorial discrimination chants has been removed.

Back to calling you all terroni.

gently caress this dumb thread.

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
Hey in the TRP description it says:

The Ray Parlour - Soccer, Football, Fussball, Pussball, Voetbal, Futbol, Greg's Balls

There is no calcio, this makes me p mad.

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
Inter and Torino are winning their matches so far. Let's at least smile about something since Napoli tanked it so loving early.

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005

canepazzo posted:

Yes, x will play:

That's the official serie B calendar.

:laffo: :italy:

It's the Italian way of organization: don't do it until it absolutely must be done, then wait a little longer and argue about how no one resolved the issue.

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005

canepazzo posted:

Juve Stabia's official FB page:

S.S. Juve Stabia S.p.A.
16 minutes ago
Oggi muore il calcio Italiano. La pagina Facebook della Juve Stabia rimarrą chiusa a tempo indeterminato in segno di protesta contro il vergognoso ripescaggio del Vicenza Calcio in Serie B.

"Today italian football dies. Faceboook page will remain closed forever in protest against the shameful boost that Vicenza got to Serie B"

Oh look a southern team getting shafted. No way :rolleyes:

Troy Queef posted:

Juve Stabia also finished dead last in B last year, so they might have been first eliminated based on that.

Yeah well that and they're from south of Roma.

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
Anyone else see Cambiasso signed with Leicester City?

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
Outside of 60-67 I think this the darkest point in Italian football. Out in group round in 2 world cups, almost no representation in Europe, declining level of play in domestic league.

Maybe this is the beginning of the homegrown renaissance?

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005

I wanna step on his face for wearing that shirt.

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

Holy poo poo I forgot Chiellini was still suspended, hahaha

For biting Suarez?

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
Season is over gently caress Juventus and Juventini everywhere.

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
Schelotto you are grade A awful

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
We do Coman the barbarian yet?

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
loving Ray Hudson shut up.

I invented Coman the Barbarian, you all saw it.

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
How's he not score there

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005

Slaapaav posted:

ok i just started watching what happened so far?

Who cares.

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
Harsh to send him off, but there shouldn't be a game ban for it.

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005

MagicCube posted:

So today I figured out that on my upcoming Europe trip I'll be in Milan on October 19th. I looked it up and Inter are playing Napoli that day. Now going to San Siro would be great. So, two questions for people in the know: 1) how difficult would it be to get tickets to this match and 2) how hard/easy is it to get from Centrale to San Siro. I've done a bit of reading, but my Italian is terrible and google isn't translating the pages very well.

Metro then bus, you'll hear the stadium before you see it if it's a night game :D

Tickets shouldn't be terrible either, no one goes to games in Italy.

EDIT: Maybe I should read faster as this question was answered twice.

If you end up in the away fans section learn some Napuletano phrases to ensure you don't leave with extra holes in your body.

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
Materazzi to be a Player - Coach in India.

http://football-italia.net/55816/materazzi-india-player-coach

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
Napoli sucks, serie a sucks, this thread sucks, shut it down.

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

I laughed, Im not sorry

capelli means hair

:lol:

Ok the day hasn't been a total waste now.

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005

Drogadon posted:

Atletico fans sang "Juve Juve vaffanculo" a bit earlier

All fans should be singing this all the time.

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
Serie A is truly laughable.

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
This referee has lost his mind. What the gently caress am I watching?! Well THAT was a penalty at least....

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
With all the all the cards being dealt I'm expecting Vieri to show up and start betting!

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
If the ref has any professional pride left, he'd just not come out for the second half.

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005

calcio posted:

Wise Totti wise words.

I read that and was looking for the controversial bits. Couldn't find any.

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005

Mans posted:

Is it normal for Italian newspapers to have an opinion article right there on the front? It's sooooo ugly.

They're just calling it objectively :confused:

I would have loved to catch that Vidal fight on World Star.

<CLONK> Oooo!! WERLD STA'! WERLD STA'!

Mettere a' Werld Sta' ip' op'!

Funkysauce fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Oct 7, 2014

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

lmao, RAP FUTURISTICO

I have a fabri fibra CD somewhere in my stuff

Duro posted:

It's all about Vincenzo da Via Anfossi

I like Fibra, I have 3 of his albums. Tranne te used to be my ringtone :suicide:

I can't find any VDVA (lol) stuff.

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005

treizebee posted:

I'm not the only one who's really happy for Pelle am I?

Super pumped. My brother put tabs on him ages ago, he's now throwing it in everyone's face.

The question is do I try to sign him in Football Manager 2014? He won't come to Portland though I'd bet.... (random team start)

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005

trem_two posted:

Pogba officially signed a 5 year contract extension, it was announced by Juve on their Facebook/Twitter.

Football contracts are the biggest joke ever. Signed for 5 years? Will be sold at the end of 1 or 2.

canepazzo posted:

Mazzarri is apparently on thin ice, Thohir just said something along the lines "let's see how the next 2-3 matches go" to the press.

Napoli-Roma promises to be the best italian football has to offer - for security reasons, Roma is travelling by plane (for a 2 hour car journey if that) and staying at a secret location for the duration. And of course, Roma fans are banned from attending the match.

You ain't never been to the ghetto San Paolo, don't come to the ghetto San Paolo. Stay the gently caress outta the ghetto San Paolo.

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005

GreatestLurker posted:

also in 'a sentence i'd never thought I'd write', Mia Hamm is now on the board of directors at Roma.

I don't know how to process this.

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005

I can't stand him and hope is career is effectively ended by these past years' performances. I had always called him overrated and that he punched above his weight. So happy to see him tank it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005

muddream posted:

Based on squad strength Napoli should be the #3 club, what is going wrong down there? I've only seen them vs Roma where they looked awesome.

It's hard to see a team with that talent and ability fall flat on their face against a mediocre Milan side. I have no idea what's going on, it's like a tale of two Napolis. One week they are world beaters and the next they can't string 3 passes together.

• Locked thread