Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Current Squad:
ARC-3899 "Twangs" - Fuzz
ARC-3267 "Ghest" - Whycalibur
ARC-1987 "Scar" - Ramba Ral
ARC-1984 "Lockdown" - Elendil004
ARC-4104 "Haven" - Beer4TheBeerGod
ARC-4325 "Stims" - Druggeddwarf
ARC-4190 "Firebeacon" - Not Keyser Soze
Alpha-28 "Watcher" - ArbitraryTA

Current Campaign:
Battle of Brentaal IV

0:32 - Crew Deck, Gunslinger, Hyperspace

You are gathered with thousands of Clone troopers, mostly generic CT desigs who make up the ship's ground complement. They all seem excited, as if this is their first deployment. In the back, up against the far wall, a group of clones with blue highlights on their armor stand together.

In the front of the flight deck, the only place on the ship such a large group can gather, you see a Clone in the old style of clone armor highlighted in Orange walk out of the hatch onto a raised platform. "ATTENTION ON DECK" is yelled by the CLs scattered with their respective squads in unison as the Clone walks out onto the platform.

Following closely behind the Clone is a female Togruta. She stands behind the Clone in Orange. You distinctly see a lightsaber hanging from her belt. She nods to the orange Clone, who steps forward.

"Troops! Welcome to the Gunslinger, the newest ship in Republic Fleet. I am your Commander, CC-0194 "Tex", commander of this new army, the 107th Expeditionary Force. We are tasked with a new mission, to operate independent of the fleet deep in enemy territory, to catch the CIS unaware as we cut off their sources of supplies, and to cause havoc wherever we go. To accomplish this task, we have been given the Gunslinger, the second of the new Venator-class Destroyers. These are lethally armed Star Destroyers with the combined firepower of General Kenobi's Fleet. We will use this power to crush the Seperatists at every turn. And we start with Brentaal IV.

We will arrive in orbit around Brentaal IV in three hours. Fall out, get final briefings from your respective commanders, and report back here to load the LAATs. DISMISSED."

As one the clones turn and file back into the adjacent hallways towards their crew quarters, most of them excited for the battle ahead with their childlike wonder. After only a few minutes, all that are left on the deck are you, the troopers in blue. As you turn to leave, a CT with squeaky armor rushes up to you.

He stops as you all look at him, salutes, and says in what you can tell is a young, for an accelerated clone, voice, "Excuse me, Sirs? You are the Commandos? I was told to summon you to the Commander's briefing room along with the other Captains. If you'll follow me please sirs?"

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Dec 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

My first attack must ALWAYS be a charge!
ARC-4325 "Stims"

She had stood to attention, listening intently to the briefing from their new commander and his general. Jedi on the front lines was nothing new - those lightsabers were a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield and most enemy forces were told to give them high priority during a battle. Just as well that they seemed to patch up as easily as any other horribly wounded soldier, and they were worth their weight in credits.

At the end of the briefing, she had been already turning to leave, ready to head to the commander and quartermaster for her needed equipment, when officer had stated his request. A private meeting with the captains wasn't new - this might be a special mission they wanted the more experienced troupers to head into.

"Affirmative. Please lead the way."

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

ARC-1984 "Lockdown"

Lockdown leans against the bulkhead, listening to the abreviated briefing. As the troopers file out, he chuckles, "I remember my first briefing, these ain't nothing but babes in the woods. I hope we're not babysitting."

A squeaky trooper moves forward and delivers his message, Lockdown nods, "What do you know about this op, can you frontload us? Squeaks." Lockdown adds the moniker, letting his hang off his sentence, wondering if it'll get picked up.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

His head cocking at the new nickname, the Trooper looks at you with concern.

"Squeaks? Who's Squeak... oh."

As the realization dawns on him that he might be stuck with that name, he leads you away from the hangar deck towards the commander's corridors at the rear of the ship.

"Uh, no sir, I don't know anything about this operation, sir. I was just told you fetch you. We were all flown in this morning from Kamino, so we don't have any idea whats going on. All I know is this whole brigade is a new experiment by that Jedi behind the commander, Master Shaak Ti. He wants a small guerrilla force to come at the CIS from behind, and that's what we're here doing."

Passing into the corridors, he takes you to an elevator which raises you to the Commander's Briefing Room near the dual bridges of the ship.

"So are you guys our ARCs? I've heard about ARCs, but never seen one before, is it true you eat baby rankors and can kill a man with a single finger?"

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jul 31, 2014

Whycalibur
Oct 17, 2013

ARC-3267 "Ghest"

The ARC trooper in the aquatic gear scoffs at the uncertainty of the young trooper, squaring his shoulders and only grudgingly following the lower-ranked soldier.

"They got it the wrong way around," Ghest replies, trying to make his voice as gravelly and intimidating as possible (it is not much of either). "We can kill a rancor with a single finger and eat a baby man!"

He flexes a finger by way of example, but mostly it looks like he's beckoning to no one in particular.

It's a mess.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
ARC-3899 "Twangs"

Twangs leans against the bulkhead with one shoulder, a t'bacc cigar clenched in his teeth. He doesn't really seem to be paying to the peptalk from Tex. When Squeaks shows up, he finally stands up straight and follows along. At the talk of rancors and killing men with fingers, he simply shakes his head, grabbing Squeaks by the shoulders, "listen, kid, we're all made from the same stuff. Some of us might be a little different," he glances at Stims with his bright blue eyes, "but in here," he pokes the private several times in the chestplate, "we're one and the same. Can you eat a baby rancor? Sure, probably tastes like poodoo, but you could probably do it, same as any of us. Don't be a twit and let vets slap you around."

He flaps his hide poncho over, producing several forms from his belt, all filled out neatly, "take these to the QM... he's got a case for me, specially marked. He'll know what it is. Make sure it gets to our ready room, and BE CAREFUL WITH IT." He hands the private the Special Requisition form and returns to waiting for the elevator to stop.

[[The requisition form is for the transfer of one Corellian Compound Bow, as well as a quiver of explosive arrows for it.]]

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Squeaks stares at you dumbfounded, slowly nodding as you hand him the forms and scurries off towards the lower decks, no doubt bound for the Quartermaster. Opening the door, you all enter the room, and see several Captains, sporting brand new Phase II armor with green accents, the female Jedi you saw during the speech, and Commander "Tex". He points you to empty seats at the front of the briefing room and waits for you to sit down before proceeding.

"Thank you for joining us, Blue Team, we're looking foward to your input in this discussion. We have need of your skills, and the Special Operations Brigade was gracious enough to lend you to us. Let me tell you a little more about the ship. We have a full Battalion of brand new Clone Troops under my command, and we need somewhere to point them. That's where you come in.

We've been told that there is a CIS stronghold on the world of Brentaal IV, and that its going to be conveniently deserted for the new few months while the CIS shuffles its armies around. We want to strike and take hold of that stronghold so that an Occupy force can insert and hold the planet against any insurgents. To do this, we'll be operating alone, for now, with the option to call on more ships if there is a need. However I don't intend to let that need arise.

I want you to insert into the planet ahead of our invasion, and report on the status of droids at the stronghold. Master Shaak Ti wanted to go herself, but when she learned we had a troop of ARCs on board, she agreed to let me send you in her stead."

He pulls up a hologram of the Brentaal system on the display.

"In three hours we are going to drop out of hyperspace here, in the shadow of Cavas, the 6th planet in the system. Its a large Gas Giant, and we should come out in the shadow of the planet, and one of its moons from Brentaal IV, which will allow for the Gunslinger to remain undetected. We will then dispatch you 8 on a CIS shuttle captured at Genosis and you can then make your way to Brentaal IV to report its status. Once you've reported in, we'll close the ship to begin bombardment and landing.

As combat is not your primary goal here, it was suggested that you go unarmed and out of uniform, however I feeling that would be a waste of your skills as commandos. Therefore, you are going in fully armed, and weapons free. If you encounter combat, inform us, engage, and then we'll crush it."
The female Jedi frowns at Tex as he says this, but you can tell he's really passionate about this order.

"Here, take these." He hands each of you a narrow cylinder with a blue dot on the end.

"Take these to the Quartermaster and he will equip you with any weapon you want on the ship. These are a new method of controlling access to the sensitive areas of the ship we're trying out. Don't loose that cylinder, it has codes for your rank and clearance level on it. It will also let you into the hangar bay where we've parked your LAAT. Haven, we've decided to assign that LAAT to you, since you've clearly decorated it so nicely. Its in the near hangar on the port side. Also in there is the CIS shuttle you'll be using to infiltrate. This is the only Class Type B shuttle the Grand Army has, so please don't loose it. Or blow it up." He looks pointedly at Twangs as he says this.

"Are there any questions or comments you'd like to make, we'd welcome your input." The gaggle of Clone Captains behind you all nod their head in agreement.

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Aug 1, 2014

Whycalibur
Oct 17, 2013

ARC-3267 "Ghest"

Ghest works had to suppress his excitement at seeing a Jedi. He's only seen two in his short lifetime, and Shaak Ti is a particularly impressive one to meet. The newly-minted ARC does his best not to stare, but his eyes keep drifting back to the imposing Jedi master. As a result, Tex has to practically jab the cylinder into Ghest's gut before he notices and mumbles a thanks, face heating. Fortunately his unusual skin tone makes the blush hard to notice.

When Tex asks for input, Ghest licks his lips. He's read about Brentaal IV. "Captain, I've noticed that there aren't any plans for an aquatic insertion. Brentaal IV is mostly sea and ocean... I can't help but feel that we're ignoring a possibly major strategic advantage by heading in overland." He points at the holographic projection with a partially-webbed gauntlet. "We could do some major damage taking out underwater power and communications cables, pipelines, and so on. No one ever expects an aquatic assault," he adds, pointedly. "Chances are they wouldn't see us coming. With the shuttle we could be found out if the codes are even a little out of date."

He pauses, then coughs to try and cover up his uncertainty. "Just a... just a thought."

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

"And its a good though, Ghest. We did not include planes for a coastal insertion for two reasons. First, we would still require the shuttle to get inside the Separatist defenses in orbit around Brentaal IV, and the second is that currently you are equipped with our only set of SCUBA armor. All others in your squad would have to rely on emergency apparatus, or not accompany you on this mission."

Smiling as the clone's face turns a nasty shade of brown, Tex pats him on the shoulder. "Don't you worry, we'll get you an aquatic playground to play in soon enough. We've got an order put in with Republic Supply for a battalion's worth of enclosed suits that are rated for space and sea. Once those are in, we'll equip everyone."

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

ARC-1984 "Lockdown"

Lockdown cracks his knuckles and leans forward over the holo, "Can you pull up the latest imagery of the compound, out to a 50 mile radius, straight up to cover the space defenses? I'd like to get an idea of what we're looking at, plan some LZs and infil/exfil routes." He turns towards Tex and asks, "Sounds like we'll be able to call in the cavalry if needed, what response time can we expect from Gunslinger? I think it would be prudent to have plans in place for everything from a hot extract, to a full combat landing. And, if you don't mind me saying so," He turns towards the captains, "The men are green, and eager, but green. The only way we're gonna solve that is getting into some real, live, poo poo. Even if this turns out to be a sweep and clear of a single enemy platoon on garrison duty, a full blown combat landing would be a good shakedown."

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

"We can certainly do that." He steps forward and turns on the holodisplay.

Here you will see the CIS occupied area of Brentaal IV. The Main compound is in the exact center of the island. There are numerous power installations, and 3 civilian camps, which we assume are a labor force for the droid assembly lines, scattered on the outskirts of the island. The volcano to the Southwest of the compound seems to be inactive, as intelligence reports there is no activity on that side of the island.

Now as far as we can tell, there are no ground based space defense systems, due to the small area of usable land on Brentaal IV. Its reported that they have two fixed stations in orbit, which we are plan to blow the living hell out of once we get the Gunslinger close enough.

Now lets see the Compound Map."

He steps forward and triggers a control on the holoviewer.

"This seems to be a standard CIS installation. Officer's quarters, Admin building, Droid Armory for the assigned droid unit, Shield Generators, and what we assume is the droid factory in the middle. Intelligence has not been able to get an asset inside the compound as of yet, so there are a few unknowns, such as the underground area to the south, so we will be playing that part of the mission by ear.

The landing pad is on the east side of the facility. We'll want you to land, make your assessments, and if necessary we might need you to take out the Shield Generator once we begin our assault. As for our assault, We are planning on a full combat landing in front of the checkpoint area, followed by a full assault, real or mock, we care not which. We will also be putting troops down in a few other places, the first is the antenna farm in the southeast corner, as well as troops on top of the factory building, and finally the landing pad. All is set to occur 15 minutes after you give the signal. We will perform a small hyperspace jump directly into orbit above Brentaal IV and begin landing our troops and bombarding the two space defense platforms."

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

ARC-1984 "Lockdown"

Lockdown elbows Ghest, "You weren't kidding, a water insertion would be great here."

He moves over to a pad and brings up the Compound Map. Lockdown scratches his chin for a second, then pulls up an overlay. "Landing out side the gate is safe and easy, but both of these pathways look big enough to squeeze an LAAT into, do you agree Haven?"

Lockdown peers again at the compound, "The guard tower just off the landing pad would be a good overwatch position, do you have a height on the droid factory? I'd hate that to create a blindspot to the south."

He continues to scan over the map, pausing at the volcano, "I know Republic Intelligence is the best in the business, but where those power generators are located, to the west of the main compound, that feels like there might be more to that Volcano than meets the eye." He points to the southern generator, "Plus you've got one generator, probably enough to run a small base like this one, set up down south, and the other power comes from a different section, to the west? Why set up two grids and all that extra infrastructure? I don't like it."

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
ARC-4190 "Firebeacon"

Firebeacon took the metal cylinder and tucked it next to the helmet hanging on his belt. He momentarily considered testing how far "any weapon you want" could be pressed before a thought occurred. "Sir, what have we heard regarding chatter from the stronghold? Are they transmitting regular reports or receiving communications we could spoof?" As the holo of the base panned across he stepped forward, pointing at the volcano. "Weird question: Do we know or can we tell what composition of that rock is? Do we have anything man-portable we can use to bring part of the mountain side down on the Western power supply?" He swept his hand down for emphasis, "just wash it away with dirt and rock. Maybe hit the Southern power station at the same time, shutting down the shield generator and point defenses. At least until they sort out whatever they have for reserve power."

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Arc 4104 "Haven"

Haven nods at the mention of the LAAT, accepting that it was likely to be staying on the ship. "So infil using the shuttle, scout around, report on what we find, and then watch the fireworks. Two concerns. First, the shuttle will get us to the landing pad but clearly the Separatists will be expecting something other than the Fett family reunion. Do we have a plan for once we land? Second, are there any areas of particular concern? A thermal overlay would be helpful, show us if there's hidden heat sources that could be related to something of interest."

Finalized my sheet. It's here.

Whycalibur
Oct 17, 2013

ARC-3267 "Ghest"

"I'm just saying, that's a lot of water," Ghest grumbles. Clearly this isn't going to work out for him, though; he'll have to stow the flippers this time.

He studies the map. "If we're quick and bring the right ordinance, we can get up in that guard tower and launch a rocket into the shield generator from there. Quick, clean, then we're in a good position for the counter-attack." Ghest frowns. "You're right, though: I don't like those double power plants." His eyes grow hungry. "That one's even next to a lake."

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Lockdown posted:

Lockdown peers again at the compound, "The guard tower just off the landing pad would be a good overwatch position, do you have a height on the droid factory? I'd hate that to create a blindspot to the south."

He continues to scan over the map, pausing at the volcano, "I know Republic Intelligence is the best in the business, but where those power generators are located, to the west of the main compound, that feels like there might be more to that Volcano than meets the eye." He points to the southern generator, "Plus you've got one generator, probably enough to run a small base like this one, set up down south, and the other power comes from a different section, to the west? Why set up two grids and all that extra infrastructure? I don't like it."

"Base plans indicate that the Guard Tower sits 30 feet over the top of the factory, but there will be some blind spots in the south walkway. We can designate some LAATs to set down in the walkways, Captains issue orders to your squads to do so." He mentions to one of the clones sitting behind you. "Yessir" you hear in response.

"As for the extra power, we assumed that they might be constructing some advanced battle droids in this location, which would account for the extra power needs. Once the shield and orbital defenses are down, the Gunslinger plans to start an orbital bombardment of all of the power generators."

Firebeacon posted:

Firebeacon took the metal cylinder and tucked it next to the helmet hanging on his belt. He momentarily considered testing how far "any weapon you want" could be pressed before a thought occurred. "Sir, what have we heard regarding chatter from the stronghold? Are they transmitting regular reports or receiving communications we could spoof?" As the holo of the base panned across he stepped forward, pointing at the volcano. "Weird question: Do we know or can we tell what composition of that rock is? Do we have anything man-portable we can use to bring part of the mountain side down on the Western power supply?" He swept his hand down for emphasis, "just wash it away with dirt and rock. Maybe hit the Southern power station at the same time, shutting down the shield generator and point defenses. At least until they sort out whatever they have for reserve power."

"Comms traffic indicates they have a skeleton force there to keep the droid factory running. Intel reports that the latest shipment of droids was shipped in the last few hours, and they don't expect a convoy fleet to return to the area for 3 weeks, if they keep on the current schedule. We do have comms samples that we will spoof, and Intelligence has left something special on the shuttle to help you with that." He pauses, and you can all tell he's got a huge grin on his face under the helmet.

"As for the rock composition, it seems to be hardened volcanic rock. I doubt that the PLX launchers we have in inventory will be able to create a slide large enough to wipe out the generators. You can give it a try if you'd like, I guess, but I thinks its futile."

Haven posted:

Haven nods at the mention of the LAAT, accepting that it was likely to be staying on the ship. "So infil using the shuttle, scout around, report on what we find, and then watch the fireworks. Two concerns. First, the shuttle will get us to the landing pad but clearly the Separatists will be expecting something other than the Fett family reunion. Do we have a plan for once we land? Second, are there any areas of particular concern? A thermal overlay would be helpful, show us if there's hidden heat sources that could be related to something of interest."

"Hmm, we don't have access to a thermal scan of the island, most of the intel we have is from other sources and not direct, as I mentioned. You might be able to use the scanners on the infil shuttle to do some basic thermal scans, talk to your companion on the shuttle, he can give you some assistance with that, hopefully." The helmet grin is back. You hear some of the Captains behind you chuckle a little as well.

Ghest posted:

He studies the map. "If we're quick and bring the right ordinance, we can get up in that guard tower and launch a rocket into the shield generator from there. Quick, clean, then we're in a good position for the counter-attack." Ghest frowns. "You're right, though: I don't like those double power plants." His eyes grow hungry. "That one's even next to a lake."

"The Quartermaster can assign some PLX-1 Launchers, whatever we've got on board, you're welcome to. The plan on the ground is all up to your initiative. I'm not about to involve myself in microplanning an ARC team, you're experienced enough to take that as an insult, I think."

He looks around at all of you. "Any other questions or concerns?"

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

ARC-3899 "Twangs"

Twangs nods at Firebeacon's plan, "FB might be onto something, and I could probably bring it all down, but I get the feeling Lockdown's right... there's something fishy about that volcano and all those power plants. This is intell first, explosions second... we could split into two teams: shuttle drops one team in that little lagoon south of the foothills power station, then goes on to the base. First team plants charges on the foothills plant, then moves southeast to the other plant. Second team infiltrates the base, rigs up the shield gen, and then finds out what they're hiding on the south end... can't assume that those power gens are the only ones, they could have an underground backup or something for the shield generator."

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

ARC-1984 "Lockdown"

Lockdown smiles, "I like where Twangs is going. If we're gonna split up, who goes where? I think I'll be most useful posted up in that tower or on the roof of the droid factory. Twangs, think you and just two others could handle the power plants, maybe Ghest and Scar? Leave Firebeacon, Stims, and Haven covered by me on the main compound?"

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

"It sounds like you've got a good plan to investigate what's going on. Keep us informed of what you find and we'll respond to the CIS in kind. If the power generators seem to be of interest we'll assign some LAATs to cover you once we break atmo, and once the orbital defenses are offline, we'll be prepared for close contact orbital bombardment."

He looks at each of you in turn to see if there are any other questions or concerns. "We'll be dropping out of hyperspace on the far side of the system in an hour. Head to the Quartermaster and get whatever gear you think you'll need, and we'll prepare for your landing once your shuttle departs."

The Jedi Master steps forward and says something for the first time.

"May the force be with you, and good luck. Lets all come back from this one alive."

The Captains stand up and file out of the room, talking among st themselves about deployment and the upcoming battle, while Tex and the Jedi head off towards the bridge.

Whycalibur
Oct 17, 2013

ARC-3267 "Ghest"

"Sure, I can help with the power plant," Ghest replies, secretly relieved. There's at least some water there. He can pack the flippers. "Thank you, General," he says to Shaak Ti.

He heads to the Quartermaster to get kitted out.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

ARC-1984 "Lockdown"

Lockdown whistles, "We're off to see the quartermaster..." as he follow Ghest.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Making your way to the bowels of the ship you reach a large door marked "Armory". Inside you see crates and crates of different weapons, and a line of Troopers proceeding through and grabbing the same basic blaster rifle that they are issues. A sergeant tries to user you into the line of clones waiting to receive the standard blaster rifle when suddenly Squeaks blasts past him with two large cases clutched in his hands.

"Sir! I've got that case you wanted from the Quartermaster, Sir." He smiles as he hands you the case. "It seems that the Commander wants me to stay with you on the ship, sirs, as your valet. Please let me know if I can be of any more help. Oh! You're here to get your gear, aren't you? Please follow me to the..." the bowled over sergeant who was trying to user you into line grabs Squeaks by the armor around his neck. Squeaks lets out a little squeak of surprise before saying "No sergeant, they are ARC troopers, and they have orders to see the Quartermaster directly." He shakes himself loose from the sergeant's grasp, and motions you to follow him past the line of clones awaiting rifles.

At the rear of the large Armory, you see a clone standing with a clipboard checking the contents of a crate. He sees Squeaks approach and frowns.

"What are you doing back here, I gave you that archaic bow didn't I? Who are your fri..." He stops as he notices the blue markings and eclectic armor you are all wearing. "Trooper, that bow was for an ARC? Why didn't you tell me that? Nevermind then, get out of the way." he pushes Squeaks to one side. "Welcome sirs, I guess you're looking for gear for your mission? I'm "Sides" the Quartermaster. Let me show you what we can provide you with. We've got some new weaponry that hasn't gone out to the regular army yet, and I've got some stores I've personally collected you can use. Take a look at these lists and let me know what you want." He hands you a Weapon List of the things the Gunslinger currently has in stock.

Whycalibur
Oct 17, 2013

ARC-3267 "Ghest"

Ghest looks around the Armory, impressed by the neatness and order as usual. He puts on a smirk while Sides chides Squeaks, as if he enjoys the sight, then accepts the list from the Quartermaster. "Thanks," he grunts, scanning the list with a critical eye. Ghest squints. "DC-15x won't be much use if we're in a hurry by the power plant... and I can't use it underwater. Shame. At least the DC-17m Sniper is available; I've used it before. Smooth action."

He checks off the DC-17m Sniper, an Ion Grenade and an EMP grenade for himself, then passes the list on to the next commando.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

ARC-1984 "Lockdown"

Lockdown steps forward after Ghest, "Sides, hey if you give this guy a gun make sure it's one that shoots under-water, or we'll never hear the end of it, alright?" He chuckles, then continues, "I'll take one of the DC-17's, do you have explosive rounds for it perchance? A few mags worth? Give me three EMP grenades, and that'll about do it...oh! What's the story on putting some custom touches on these, modifications, as you will?" He pauses, thinking, "Oh, can you scrounge up some brushless motor oil, just a little can? Thanks, Sides."

Curious if we can get any mods installed. The oil is for some fluff/flavor.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Sending a few runners to grab the requested gear, Sides turns around at the question about mods. "Hmm, we do have some weapon mods on the ship, and I'm a drat good machinist, so I should be able to fix up whatever you'd like. However the issue is its going to take some time to prepare any modifications you want, and from the Commander's briefing I don't think we'll have that time. But I'll tell you what, you tell me what mods you'd like on one of these weapons, and I'll see about working on that ASAP. Sound good?"

He heads to his workbench and returns after a minute with a small can. "Here's that oil you requested, too."

Whycalibur
Oct 17, 2013

ARC-3267 "Ghest"

"Is that so? Hmmm," Ghest breaks in. "If you've got a telescopic optical sight that would be great." A pause. "An augmented spin barrel would be useful on this op, too. If you've got the parts and the time, of course. No worries if not."

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

"Right, I'll get machining on one of these DC-17m snipers with those things, you, trooper, write that down for this team.". Squeaks bobs his head and writes down Ghest's request on a pad. "Right, now go pull the parts and leave them on my bench. Once the deployment to Brentaal IV is done I'll get to work assembling your weapon, sir. Would anyone else like something?"

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

ARC-1984 "Lockdown"

Lockdown nods thank you to Sides and grabs Squeaks by the elbow, "C'mere a second." He moves off to a corner, and says loudly, "Alright then, this is how a true sniper takes..." Convinced nobody else is paying attention, he hands Squeaks the brushless oil, "Here, put a few drops of this anywhere the laminate rubs together, it's an old trick for sneaking up on the bad guys." He pats Squeaks on the back, then resumes loudly explaining how best to take off a gundarks arm at 500 meters. "It's all about the windage..."

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

My first attack must ALWAYS be a charge!
ARC-4325 "Stims"

Back when they were getting their briefing for the mission, Stims had taken a quick moment to ask: "What's the information of the civvies in the vicinity? Should we expect hostile relations for them? Can they be worked to our favour?"

After getting her reply with a nod, she followed along, keeping quiet as they approached the quartermaster and checked the list of equipment he had available.

"Hm. I'll take the DC-15S if you would please, although getting a Weapon sling and a Forearm Grip would make it handy for situations. Two Frag grenades, The DC-17 Hand Blaster and the Vibro Knife will also be sufficient.

Out of curiousity, when will we get a chance to view our non-combat equipment list?"

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

"Yessir, I'll be sure to do that." Squeaks stammers as he carefully places the oil over his laminate joints. After working the joints a few minutes, the squeak has faded and he's got a huge grin on his face. "Wow, that really worked well. Thank you sir!"

"We've certainly got a weapon sling, and a forearm grip you can have for your rifle sir... uh ma'am. As for non-combat equipment, all we have is basic GAR stuff. I would have thought SpecOps would have provided you with the gear you needed. If you tell the young private here what you need, I can have it ordered and sent out on the next transport, but it will be a week or so until it arrives."

All of the other equipment on your sheets (armor/meds/basic equipment is fine, no need to ask for that directly, as thats all specialized for you anyways. So you can already say you've got 15 stims and a emergency med pack if you'd like.

Also, I'd like everyone to keep track of their encumbrance. Not in posts, but just try to keep track before you deploy on a mission so you're not carrying 15 times your encumbrance or something. Feel free to add a backpack or utility belt to increase your capacity too.

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
Alpha-28 "Watcher"

Watcher rolled up into the QM's office while the rest of the squad was being kitted out, looking over those present and removing his helmet. "Sides, checking out my rifle and my magnoculars. I'll be accompanying these Commandos on their mission." The clone had two hand blasters at his hips, much like their father preferred. His breastplate had one one side the Mandalorian crest and on the other the symbol of the Republic, and his helmet was covered from one end to the other in tallymarks. Apparently this was far from his first mission with the Commandos. "I'm Watcher. I probably trained some of you."

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

ARC-1984 "Lockdown"

Lockdown nods, "Hey old man."

Whycalibur
Oct 17, 2013

ARC-3267 "Ghest"

Great. A babysitter. So much for trusting them... but then again, Ghest isn't about the pass up the chance to work with an Alpha. Unless he's there to evaluate them...?

"Welcome to the mission," he replies as breezily as he can. Just focus on the mission. "Are you coming for the power station party or the main base mingler?"

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Arc 4104 "Haven"

Haven looks over the list then rolls off his choices. "DC-17, Vibro Knife, 5 Proton Grenades... and a Thermal Detonator. Please." He smiles warmly. "I'll also need the contents of storage container 4104, contents being load bearing gear and relevant tools."

Updated my sheet. What loadout of stimms or emergency medpack would be appropriate?

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
ARC-4190 "Firebeacon"

Watcher had taught him how to sprint across ice, live off moss and fight for a straight week without sleep; but the Alpha had never managed to remember Firebeacon's designation, so for the moment he ignored the old soldier. He slapped the requisition cylinder on the counter,

"I'll take a DC-17, a knife and a Z-6. Better throw a strap on that, so I can chase down the kill." He stops, turning back to the other troopers, "Though that depends on how loud you expect us to get. I can sling a PLX if you think we'll need to down droid Main Battle Tanks."

Whycalibur
Oct 17, 2013

ARC-3267 "Ghest"

Ghest looks up, remembering part of the plan. "A PLX might be good for the shield generator or the power plant. A big boom could be just the ticket-- and if you get up into the guard tower you'll have a pretty clear shot at the dish." He chuckles. "I'm not much use with a rocket launcher, but if you are..."

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
Alpha-28 "Watcher"

Nodded his head to Lockdown, chuckling but otherwise not saying much. He looked to Firebeacon, recognizing the clone instantly. He had a habit of pushing his trainees hard, and making sure they knew that they weren't important enough for note until they proved themselves and were inducted into the brotherhood. He'd likely be watching the man closely in the upcoming assignment. "I'll be assisting Lockdown in covering the main compound. Every sniper needs a spotter, after all." He looked to Lockdown again, eyebrows raised curiously. "Unless that's a problem, newbie. You seem to be heading the strategy here so put me where you want me."

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

ARC-1984 "Lockdown"

Flexing, Lockdown replies, "Sure, maybe I can show you some of the improvements they've made since y'all got put on ice." It comes off cold, but he's smiling. He turns to Sides, "Hey Sides, do we need to requisition a hoverchair for the old man here? Maybe you got some extra oil for his creaky joints?" Laughing, he claps Watcher on the back as he moves past, "Maybe we can even put a few credits on a friendly challenge once we go loud?"

He looks to Haven, "Have you inspected the shuttle, need a hand with prepping anything?" he says, subtly shifting his weight from the balls of his feet to his heels. Lockdown is ready.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

ARC-3899 "Twangs"

Twangs wastes no time unpacking his bow, lovingly running a hand over its well-worn frame, checking the multi-stage tension cabling a few times before setting it against the counter and opening up the second case, checking each explosive head one by one as he removes them from the plexi-foam safety packing and screws them in place onto the arrow shafts and loads up the quiver. Slinging it over his shoulder such that it's free from his poncho, he hefts the bow and then surveys the supply list.

"I'll take a basic DC-17 as a backup, 1, Frag grenade, 2 Ion Grenades, and 2 Thermal Detonators," He clips the blaster to his belt and begins unloading the grenades, clipping them to his utility belt and bandolier, which are apparently designed specifically for holding lots of grenades. "We're gonna need three backpacks, 4 of those Proton charges, and 6 Detonite bricks." Once the explosives arrive, he begins setting up the three bags, one with all four Proton charges in a small cluster, the other two with 3 stacked bricks each. He quickly wires them into each other and locks the detonators off as Watcher arrives, tossing one of the Detonite bags to the Alpha a bit roughly, "Didn't train me. We'll need more than spotting, and you seem like you'd be perfect for sneaking into that Shield Generator and taking it out, if you're gonna be on-site at the base." He shoulders the Proton charge bag himself and then tosses the other Detonite bag to Ghest, "You and FB are gonna be with me, and that Z-6 isn't light."

[[How many explosive arrows and regular arrows do I have? Also I updated my sheet with all the gear. The Military pouch is his quiver, the two items it can let me draw as incidentals are the two types of arrows.]]

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Aug 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whycalibur
Oct 17, 2013

ARC-3267 "Ghest"

Ghest looks up just in time, managing to catch the bag of Detonite without looking too clumsy in the process. "Sure thing," he replies, slinging the pack over his shoulder and checking his own weapons. The DC-17m goes over the other shoulder, and the two grenades onto his belt. The SCUBA trooper also double checks the seals on his armor and the O2 level in his rebreather before stowing the detachable flippers on his pack.

"Time to go, uh, shred some... droids," he finishes lamely, looking down and pretending to be checking his grenades for defects or something. Oh, man. This is it. This is going to happen and he is going to die. Please don't let it be an embarrassing death, at least.

• Locked thread