Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i'm getting a model A-10 for Christmas because i think it's a neat airplane. planes in general are pretty cool submarines and ships too. ground forces are kind of dumb because humvees and tanks are boring compared to everything else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
because people spending the money are regular humans and public speaking/advertising gimmicks work on them

like who you gonna give the cash to some fat nerd w/ a powerpoint or the slick & cool guy with sunglasses on

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

redshirt posted:

I'd think using swarms of small ground based drones would be the best. Maybe 3 feet long, with a bomb and a gun, marching towards the enemy in the thousands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbqs7vfOIok

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

redshirt posted:

3 feet is pretty big and you can get plenty of batteries in that space.

How about a solar panel top?

Great if you're doing stuff in the daytime in an area with no shade

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

redshirt posted:

Sure why not. Send 1000 drones over a possible minefield towards the enemy front line. Clear a path for vehicles to follow.

are minefields even a thing anymore? i thought you just put a few tons of explosives under a road and called it a day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The Droid posted:

Necroing this thread just to crosspost this from TFR

oh and have this, too Iraqi Special Forces showing off with what appears to be their own theme song

new STALKER game is looking sweet

• Locked thread