Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
I've never seen a Zero Act that sucked. Maybe a few that were just kinda okay, but it's been an awesome idea in general. I'm for it.

Question: Do you want to puppet Lethe, or do you want me to handle it? Either's cool by me. I picture her as basically space-Midna, so we're not dealing with some complex poo poo here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

My other car is an asteroid
:black101:
Congrats to those who got in. Have fun!

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

I'm in for act zero 100%

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

"You're talking to cats."
"And you eat ghosts, so shut the fuck up."
Flashback scenes sound cool to me.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

grassy gnoll posted:

I've never seen a Zero Act that sucked. Maybe a few that were just kinda okay, but it's been an awesome idea in general. I'm for it.

Question: Do you want to puppet Lethe, or do you want me to handle it? Either's cool by me. I picture her as basically space-Midna, so we're not dealing with some complex poo poo here.

I'm not TurninTrix but I absolutely want to see you playing space-Midna.

I'll cast my vote for an Act Zero, having never done one before.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

grassy gnoll posted:

Go ahead and play her, but I'd like to reserve the right to use Lethe once in a while in the form of compels and stuff like that.

Her acting like Space-Midna might be good idea for your Wildcard aspect, too.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Count me in for Act Zero!

Anyone want to connect up from prior incidents? I could see Severine's group having had its rear end handed to them by the Smiling Knight, perhaps.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

I'm down for that.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Also a reminder that we have the game channel #clashoftitans on synIRC.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I admit I'm not entirely sure what a good way to tie in Zel with the other characters might be at the moment but I'm chalking that up to it being 102-degrees right now.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
This'll be my first time doing a FATE game, so I might be a little slow on things, but a Zero chapter thing sounds like it could be cool and a good way to pick things up.

Kai Tave posted:

I admit I'm not entirely sure what a good way to tie in Zel with the other characters might be at the moment but I'm chalking that up to it being 102-degrees right now.

And I thought my 93 degrees was bad :smith:

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Caxton is probably pretty interested in Elise, at least for her cybernetics. It's also possible he bummed around with the Oni fleets for a while, although that's going to be dependent on how tolerant they are of worshipers of actual extant dark gods.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Kai Tave posted:

Maybe Severine asked for his help for her ambush at Wikunan? I can imagine the Brigade hitched a ride with the Caravel at some point and that's how they got in touch.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Aug 12, 2014

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
The Eternal Caravels are a pretty "live and let live" sort of place so long as you don't do anything overly destructive or murderous. Lianyu's Oni, being more traditionalist sorts, might have a few things to say regarding the worship of dark gods (though the Oni themselves practice a different sort of magic/religion/whatever than most people do, being shamanistic and spirit-oriented instead of the more traditional core world theologies), but the ones aboard the fleet aren't likely to care unless Caxton were to start sacrificing people and reanimating the dead or something. Space Midna would probably love it.

The Brigade hitching a ride would similarly work, though it might cause some tension if the Halidom winds up gunning after ships of the fleet on suspicion of harboring "terrorists." The Caravels hold themselves as, essentially, a sovereign nation beholden to nobody and while they're aware of the concept of extradition treaties they generally find the idea quaint. Usually nobody cares enough to pick a fight with an entire fleet of ships (many of which are surprisingly well-armed) over a handful of fugitives, and so far the Empress has her sights set on more important conquests than a bunch of vagabond Oni and scoundrels, but if the Halidom starts to view the Caravels as a threat (or at least a threat enabler) then it could easily force the fleet captains into a hard choice...give the Halidom what they want or risk getting drawn into the war.

Zel would like for the Caravels to take a side, namely his, but the fleet and the planetbound Lianyu Oni, though sharing a common ancestry, are basically divergent cultures by this point and frequently don't see eye to eye on what's best for the Oni as a people. Still, Oni are Oni and the Caravels have been happy enough to ferry him where he needs to be, and there are plenty of younger, hot-blooded Oni (and some humans) who've found Lianyu's champion and his Armour inspiring enough to answer the call of battle, but it's a drop in the bucket so far.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
quote isn't edit

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

By the way guys, if you guys have suggestions/art for a cool ship to transport the group's armours with (ala White Base), let me know. Could be fantasy, could be sci-fi, could be a mix of both.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe
Congrats to those who made it! And yeah, TurninTrix, if you're so inclined, please feel free to use whatever of the setting stuff I included in my app.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Maybe we have a big base ship and a smaller drop ship to get us to the fight?

I like the one KPrime found, but here are some other options roughly in the order of which I like best, from favorite to least.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

I think this is neat and appropriate.

So these are the scenarios I have in mind for the flashbacks. KPrime and Gorbash wanted to do something as a pair, so I figure: why not do it for everyone else?

As two folks with competing views of the war, Severina and Araine fought against each other in one of the worst battles in the history of the Core Worlds.

As two folks characterized by loss and revenge, Elise and Jesse found themselves held up by a Lyonesse Manufactory Company patrol (and the Thalassan's Black Errant armour).

As two folks looking for their place in this system, Zel and Caxton pursed the lead of an ancient oni relic with Thalassan agents in pursuit. What do they want with it?

If that sounds fine, I will have the thread up soon. Hopefully before week's end. Busy week still. :(

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Works for me, shipwise and actwise. Take your time and don't burn out.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I'm partial to this one:

but it's not a sticking point. The popular white one does have a little smiley face on the top of it, though, and that's good.

I'm down with partnering with Zel. I'd thought about the dysfunctional buddy-cop thing for a bit, but I don't really see that as an interesting thing, so I think it'd be cool if Zel and Caxton were actually acting like friendly adults with a professional relationship even as we start. Zel being openly contemptuous of Lethe while Caxton can't really do anything about her would be icing on the cake.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Sure, that works. Zel's not too likely to be as judgmental of Caxton's religious leanings as some folks (more "are you sure you know what you're doing?" as opposed to whatever the video game anime equivalent of pitchforks and torches are) but being judgmental about the company he keeps is another story.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Wow, that wasn't a fun midterms.

Sorry for the delay, I have a few off-days this week, so I'm going to start catching up.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

'kay, at this point, I gotta admit that I picked a terrible time to start a new game. Semester wants to kick my rear end. :/

Still want to run this, I really do, but I think I need more time to handle IRL concerns before I can do this and do it right. If you guys are willing to wait a bit longer, I'll let you know when I'm ready for this.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
I'll be waiting. Can't say no to space fire emblem mecha battles.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I'd rather have a game where the GM isn't feeling super stressed and having to juggle a bunch of stuff so he can have fun too. I'm cool with waiting, y'all know where to find me.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Okay, enough sulking around.

Everyone still up for this?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
I am :v:

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

AYE AYE SIR

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Most definitely.

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

"You're talking to cats."
"And you eat ghosts, so shut the fuck up."
Okay.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Let's doooo iiiiit!

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Well I guess I would be an rear end in a top hat if I said no.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Cool.

For some reason, I think framing the Origin Acts (among other things) is what gave me a hang-up earlier. So I think I want to jump straight to the Crucible scene, if that's cool.

At the same time, I still want you guys to have some sort of backstory with at least one other person. Maybe would better for you guys to figure that out already and post it here? Lemme know.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

TurninTrix posted:

Cool.

For some reason, I think framing the Origin Acts (among other things) is what gave me a hang-up earlier. So I think I want to jump straight to the Crucible scene, if that's cool.

If that was hanging you up then I'm fine jumping straight into Act 1 so to speak. It can be a bit of a logistical and mental hurdle to be juggling a few different separate party splits all at one go.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

I still got mine all written out.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I'm delighted to start in the thick of things. PbP just isn't kind to split party stories.

We were already paired up earlier. Anybody object to just using those initial guides and rolling with things?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Yeah, just jumping into things sounds good to me, and keeping the outline of those as a bit of backstory works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

K Prime posted:

I still got mine all written out.

Can you post or link it? I was doing the same event from Severina's POV but don't quite remember the sequence.

• Locked thread