Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

The Time Dissolver posted:

Serious post: if you're a man who runs with a social justice crowd and your friends are trying to prod you into identifying as a woman, asking if you're sure you're a man, saying they'd like you (or other male friends) better as a woman, etc. get out of there and loving unplug and deprogram, I have seen it happen and it is legitimate, severe abuse with real consequences.

I had a female friend basically get bullied into not claiming to be cisgendered simply because it was too much for her friends. She's straight, biologically female, married, has a kid, isn't a lesbian, loves being female, is completely comfortably with her body staying the way it is. She's one of the staunchest feminists I know, and a pretty nice person to boot. Basically, isn't trans by any understood definition of the word.

"But how could someone like that be cis?" they said, basically. It was pretty weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
Why can't a woman be more like a man?

the_sea_hag
Oct 9, 2012
LOAF FANCIER

Command Ant posted:

Why can't a woman be more like a man?

WHY WOULD YOU CHOOSE TO NOT BE A WOMAN OMIGAHHHHH

Though in all seriousness, I think it's because people who hate trans men can't deal with the fact that a what they perceive to be a woman is going against her gender role. They hate women.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Spoilers Below posted:

I had a female friend basically get bullied into not claiming to be cisgendered simply because it was too much for her friends. She's straight, biologically female, married, has a kid, isn't a lesbian, loves being female, is completely comfortably with her body staying the way it is. She's one of the staunchest feminists I know, and a pretty nice person to boot. Basically, isn't trans by any understood definition of the word.

"But how could someone like that be cis?" they said, basically. It was pretty weird.

was basically told I could never be a good feminist as long as I was cis. and I'm like lol didn't know you could just pick and choose.

"but maybe you didn't know til now" lol peacccccceeee

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Smash it Smash hit posted:

was basically told I could never be a good feminist as long as I was cis. and I'm like lol didn't know you could just pick and choose.

Same but with "straight" or "heterosexual". Much like any fringe group, activism groups attract abusive personalities, who will use whatever means necessary to excuse and justify their abuse.

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

Phlegmish posted:

i read this and started laughing in real life because of how retarded it is

but seriously, tumblr delenda est

The current big trans/femme rift is whether or not transwomen should be allowed to claim that they've lost their male privilege post-transition, because having the resources to transition obv. means you're loaded with other types of privilege too like doctor affording privilege

they generally have a disclaimer saying they're only trans-questioning and follow tumblr's loudest radfems just to keep an open mind

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Setzer Gabbiani posted:

The current big trans/femme rift is whether or not transwomen should be allowed to claim that they've lost their male privilege post-transition, because having the resources to transition obv. means you're loaded with other types of privilege too like doctor affording privilege
Affirming once again that "oppression" is the gold star these people are shooting for.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Same but with "straight" or "heterosexual". Much like any fringe group, activism groups attract abusive personalities, who will use whatever means necessary to excuse and justify their abuse.
people who have abusive personalities are more likely be prejudiced towards others as well. and expressions of prejudice towards white people, straight people, etc. is socially acceptable in these closed activist communities. (despite them mostly being white and straight.)

i think in a different context the same people would be prejudiced towards gays or non-whites. these activist groups give them a means to exercise that impulse but in a way that's acceptable.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i don't have any evidence to back that up. but the person i know who is the most :byodood: about white people and straight people is a straight white dude whose dad is a racist and homophobic ex-cop. it's like a mirror image.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Omi-Polari posted:

i don't have any evidence to back that up. but the person i know who is the most :byodood: about white people and straight people is a straight white dude whose dad is a racist and homophobic ex-cop. it's like a mirror image.

Israeli radical circles are so small and interconnected that it's basically tumblr IRL. I have a lot of friends who've suffered the consequences of not being the correct radical, but fortunately they seem to be getting better at it (mostly as their leading figures mature out of prolonged adolescence).

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Strudel Man posted:

Affirming once again that "oppression" is the gold star these people are shooting for.

once again the only possible conclusion is that oppression is actually a good thing that you should actively strive for

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Much like the Irish, the Canadians may look like us but they are intellectually inferior. Unlike the Irish, the Canadian isn't even good for manual labor.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

This sounds like a modern equivalent of "political lesbians" aka "second-wavers from the seventies who decided they were lesbians despite feeling no sexual attraction toward women because all PIV sex is rape so they have to either lez out or never have sex ever again"

They've reacted to being told that their ideas about race and identity politics only apply to American society by saying that only Americans can be white. Impressive.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

loquacius posted:

They've reacted to being told that their ideas about race and identity politics only apply to American society by saying that only Americans can be white. Impressive.

Unless that's a known tumblr person, I'd bet they're just an idiot rather than having some weird agenda.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Stumbled upon this photo today.

Real people in actual China are literally shaking because of all the cultural appropriation (they've caused themselves by asking this lady to pose for them in a traditional Chinese dress). She's not white, though, because she's Russian.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Ruby got Railed posted:

if they were goodChristians they could just say he got Jobbed

Lol

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Serious post: if you're a man who runs with a social justice crowd and your friends are trying to prod you into identifying as a woman, asking if you're sure you're a man, saying they'd like you (or other male friends) better as a woman, etc. get out of there and loving unplug and deprogram, I have seen it happen and it is legitimate, severe abuse with real consequences.

:staredog:

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

same. tell the story cause I have been asked to *~explor~* the possibility but never threatened or hinted like it. well not in an actual act that meant reprocussions other than poo poo talk

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Paladinus posted:

Stumbled upon this photo today.

Real people in actual China are literally shaking because of all the cultural appropriation (they've caused themselves by asking this lady to pose for them in a traditional Chinese dress). She's not white, though, because she's Russian.

looks like she made a mess of things, this is what happens when you don't wear your genetically designated clothing

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

still laughing at the idea of getting peer pressured into changing gender

Tamerlame
Oct 20, 2012

Phlegmish posted:

still laughing at the idea of getting peer pressured into changing gender

All the cool kids are trans, wanna try?

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
A group of teens stand moodily in a circle, but instead of passing around a cigarette or a joint they pass around a bottle of titty growing hormones

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

A group of teens stand moodily in a circle, but instead of passing around a cigarette or a joint they pass around a bottle of titty growing hormones

Nah, don't forget that people who identify as trans don't really need to actually take steps to transition, so you can be a proud fierce trans woman while you're loving a dude up the rear end with your cock that you enjoy having just as long as you refer to your cock as your 'queen-sized clittie stick'.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Breetai posted:

Nah, don't forget that people who identify as trans don't really need to actually take steps to transition, so you can be a proud fierce trans woman while you're loving a dude up the rear end with your cock that you enjoy having just as long as you refer to your cock as your 'queen-sized clittie stick'.

Why not have sex with women and be lesbian? Men are kind of gross.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

time dissolver everyone else told their story now you tell yours come onnnnn

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Isn't there a pretty notorious member of this forum who had that exact thing happen to him

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
Everyone has an rear end in a top hat, not everyone has a vagina. The only way to be supportive of all genders is to have anal sex exclusively.

Steampunk iPhone
Sep 2, 2009

by XyloJW

EKDS5k
Feb 22, 2012

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU LET YOUR BEER FREEZE, DAMNIT

Phlegmish posted:

looks like she made a mess of things, this is what happens when you don't wear your genetically designated clothing

It's like a specially designed tea tray that they use for serving tea. They intentionally dump/spill lots of hot water during serving.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Tamerlame posted:

All the cool kids are trans, wanna try?

tried it, worse 11 minutes of my life, tbh

Steampunk iPhone
Sep 2, 2009

by XyloJW

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

What da gently caress?

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

Tumblr meme making fun of "daddy doms".

... I need to get out more. Although the whole Tumblr daddy dom kink thing is pretty hilarious.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010

Phlegmish posted:

No, she has actually completely appropriated Chinese tea culture! You wash the tea leaves before brewing the tea to take the bitter edge off. The initial water is then emptied out, sometimes on the table.

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?

DeusExMachinima posted:

time dissolver everyone else told their story now you tell yours come onnnnn

same. tell the story cause I have been asked to *~explor~* the possibility but never threatened or hinted like it. well not in an actual act that meant reprocussions other than poo poo talk

What everyone is imagining is probably far more dramatic and interesting than the specific incidents I was talking about. No one died or anything, it's just a case of decent, happy people melting down because they couldn't do the drastic, dangerous things their peers were hinting they needed to do to stay in good standing. I'm not providing any primary resources because I know how much this forum loves internet sleuthing.

Let's just say this: someone who tells you things like, "I'm transgender now. No, you can call me by the same name. No, you don't have to use different pronouns. No, I'm not doing HRT. No, I'm not changing my wardrobe shucks, I just don't want to be an imposition is all" may in fact have, gasp, an ulterior motive.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Phlegmish posted:

Actually, one of the steps of preparing traditional, chinese tea is to pour hot water over the pot that holds the tea, this is why there is water on the tablet.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Let's just say this: someone who tells you things like, "I'm transgender now. No, you can call me by the same name. No, you don't have to use different pronouns. No, I'm not doing HRT. No, I'm not changing my wardrobe shucks, I just don't want to be an imposition is all" may in fact have, gasp, an ulterior motive.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Present posted:

Clarification on terminology, pls. A trans woman is a man that got the operation and is now a woman? Or does that term also include cross dressers and even men that identify as women?

a "transwoman" has gone through the hormones/psych eval gauntlet and possibly got snipped too, which qualifies them for a name/gender change. penisvagina optional

the other shades of trans are called transgender, queer or "loving faggots"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Farmland Park posted:

No, she has actually completely appropriated Chinese tea culture! You wash the tea leaves before brewing the tea to take the bitter edge off. The initial water is then emptied out, sometimes on the table.

UGH this loving white girl thinks she can teach proud PoC how to make their own tea...like, please kill yourself white people tia ^_^

seriously though she looks hot in that dress

• Locked thread