Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Will you allow novice players who have no deductive ability, insight or charisma to sway others?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Ok, sign me up then.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Confirming that I got a PM.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

Asiina posted:

People need to stop having avatars of actors of Parks & Rec because then I can never vote against them.

If it helps you any, just think of me as Ben from the first couple episodes where's he's a jerk.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

Poison Mushroom posted:

I am exactly as much of a scum as you are, CCKeane. So the real question is this: Are you scum?

How would you know the relative scumness of someone else unless you had some insider information?

How's THAT for deductive reasoning?

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

Opopanax posted:

Also hi CommaToes. Welcome back. Sorry you got sucked back into this madness

It's been a few years since I've played this and even then only for a couple games. I'll probably be night killed day 1 or 2 so it won't last too long.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Hmmm, the joke phase thus far is not bearing any fruit. Time for a less subtle approach.

merk, are you a scum? In game, I mean.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Does anyone want to admit to being a scum? It would make day 1 a lot easier.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Confirming that I am not beast and I am jealous that you are all beast.

Also, this day is entirely silly.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Pintrest Mom, are you a scum in this game?

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Well, I asked merk if he was a scum straight out and he said only in real life.

Then later, he said that he only then read his PM for this game. So one of those times he was lying.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
merk, now that you've read your PM can you please fill out this survey:

Survey posted:

Are you scum? Yes [ ] No [ ]

Are you Beast? Yes [ ] No [ ]

Do you like me? Yes [ ] No [ ]

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
There's a few people who have been acting cagey this whole day, but no one stands out as a true scum. Chalk it up to inexperience, or my demonstrated inability to read anyone on day 1 but I'm rather stumped.

I guess we just need to act on what gives us the most information. Lynching a lurker or not doing a lynch gives us very little information for the next day.

Also I agree with Farbror. Although Poison Mushroom has been acting suspicious, I think the risk is too great for today.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
I went back and read the post histories for this game, and the one that rubbed me the wrong way the most was Science of Suck.

He (or she) seems to have a strange narrow focus on two people, and isn't adequately explaining the votes he (or she) has made.

I'm not sure which lynch gives the most information, but right now this seems like a safe one.

##vote The Science of Suck

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
On the one hand, I would like to hear what Meinberg has to say on this.

On the other hand, this could be interesting. Plus we get more fanfiction from Rarity.

##vote Meinberg

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
##vote Quidnose

Hopefully this will get him to say something. Still lurking after 2 days, granted Day 2 was somewhat short.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
##unvote

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Hey DGK2000, was Quidnose scum?

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Hey there,

I think yesterday's turbo orchestrated by bowmore is seriously sketchy. Maybe it was the confidence to push that through looks scummy in retrospect, but I'm not going to be listening to gut instincts for a while. I don't think he'd so something so brazen as scum, so I just think that he tried to look brilliant via a hunch and we ended up with egg on our faces.

I don't know what the gently caress Met is doing. It's my understanding that he is being a jerk so scum won't target him, but getting himself lynched for it is seriously anti-town if he is town. If he is a bomb, so be it. Heck, I'll hammer him.

Pintrest Mom has been scummy from the start. I actually was leaning towards her(him?) day 1 until Science of Suck went insane. All of the cases that (s)he made are the easy targets (bandwagoning suck and meinberg, reaction to the turbo) - It's like he/she's trying to fit in with the popular crowd.

merk is a strange beast. I am not getting much inherently scummy about him, but it seems the cases on him are based on metagaming knowledge. If merk is scum, then CCKeane is as well. A lot of CC's posts have been defensive of merk. I'm not sure what to make of merk's claim, but I don't feel he has enough heat on him to warrant a vote from me.

Puntification is being overly careful in his posting.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Alright, as I said before, I'm not quite sold on the merk case, but Met is the scummiest one here.

If people are afraid of hammering him, I volunteer to do so.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
We're afraid that Met is a bomb or something, so if we lynch him he will take one of us out with him.

I'm going to have to reread on merk because the only arguments that I have been able to discern are based upon metagaming reasons and I don't feel like reading through several dozen mafia games in order to figure out if he's being fishy or not.

I'll also read on Dr. Hurt and give my summation later.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
At this point I'm up for you shooting whoever you feel like. We'll play with the aftermath then.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Upon a reread, I'd also be ok with voting Dr. Hurt. But I want to see the results of the vig first.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Well, I also volunteered to hammer, but if PMom wants to, so be it.

##vote Met

Puts him at -1 and still gives time to claim, so don't be too hasty.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Welp, should I hammer?

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
##vote merk

I'm impatient.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

CCKeane posted:

Voting me is dumb and you're dumb if you do it.

KB likely got blocked instead,which is why he didn't post a result, and also leases me to think there are 2 more mafia members left,since we have a power heavy town.

If we only have 2 scum left, can we just lynch Met to get him out of the game?

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Met, who is scum? I would like a read of some sort from you on your top few picks please.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Met's argument is essentially "I'm not going to play mafia because playing mafia is boring."

##vote Met

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Fair enough. I didn't vote Met because I think he's scum, I just think he's arrogant, irritating and not useful to town in any way.

I apologize, as that's not the point of this game.

##unvote

As for my posting with merk yesterday, all I can do is admit that I was entirely fooled. I didn't see him being scum until KB laid it out.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

Tremendous Taste posted:

Without C+P

Magneto/Xavier
Cyke/Juggernaut
????? <---- I think this is our mystery SK
Jean/Angel/Mastermind
Polaris/Toad

The way I'm reading this is that you need to get one of them per line? Or do you need to get all on one line?

I can also confirm I'm not on this list.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Looking back on night 1, where Opop was nightkilled - That's the result of an SK right? The other option would be that Meinberg was attacked by scum and opop died because of it, but that's not what bulletproof means.

Which brings me back to bowmore. That strong softclaim leading to a turbo is suspect. When we were thinking of lynching bowmore the one to come to his rescue and explain how this could have happened was merk. Bowmore has been quiet and lurking for most of the game, as well.

I'm not quite sure how we collectively forgot about him.

##vote bowmore

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Do third party roles usually have a condition that they can meet well before the end of the game and still keep playing after that?

It would be possible to win in just 2 nights given the role as explained. I just want to know if this is common. Also, the bulletproof addition to the role strikes me as a bit odd.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Actually, Keane, your vig scrambled my read on you, so I'm not sure what to think on you.

I still think bowmore is the safest lynch, because he's just sitting by saying as little as possible.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Ah, there you are.

Was there a reason you're lurking, bowmore? Or is it easier to see us fight among ourselves?

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
I can see Rarity wasting Iceman on a fake claim, especially for Vanilla town. Look at the vanilla townies thus far. They're KA-ZAR, RED RAVEN, and THE COBALT MAN.

All of the more major characters have had a role of some import.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Yeah, I'm not sure flavour is a good argument to go by, but the pattern thus far seems to be that vanilla town are not the main party. It could be that both you and Met have fake claims that are actually the X-Men.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Yeah, I think I can vote PMom.

##vote Pinterest Mom

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

King Burgundy posted:

Hi Comma, do you still feel this way? If not, why not?

Who are your top targets for lynching and why?

Hi KB,

CCKeane's vig was a huge mindfuck for me. I'm not sure if Rarity would give a scum a day vig like this. It seems way too unlikely to give scum that much power.

I'm thinking PMom's flavour argument actually works against him, and consequently, Met. Vanilla town flips thus far have been all tertiary characters and using a roleclaim as a known X-Man for proof you're vanilla town is not going to work. It is scummy given the information to do this, and if we do end up lynching one of these two, we'd know the truth.

bowmore has been quiet and letting this all happen. I voted him earlier because of his turbo and false confidence in day 2 still have gone unexplained, yet we are all trying to find other people than demand answers for that.

I'd be down for lynching any of those three.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

DGK2000 posted:

Angel
Cyclops
Mastermind
Magneto
???

Changeling - Me
Namor- TT
Beast- PMom
Iceman- Met
Havok- Keane
Professor X- KB
??? - Dr Hurt
??? - CommaToes
??? - Punt
??? - Farbror
??? - Bromore

There. For posterity.

If you're going to do this, you need to account for the possibility for scum fake claims as well.

• Locked thread