Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
If you are still looking for players after the weekend sign me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Hey guys (I'm currently in canada at a conference and may be a bit absentee until monday apologies in advance).

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Asiina posted:

We have internet in Canada!

I didn't bring my smart phone and only have internet in my room, my flight on sunday is more than 24 hours. I like your new avatar btw.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Hey peeps, I'm sure you'll all be glad to know I've arrived safely back home and will actually start playing the game!

Keane if you still want an answer to your scumtell question: I've never played as scum so I don't have any.

I'm gonna reread the thread and try to be less useless but so far the attempted turbo on met for his SK jokeclaim was lazy and dumb so I find those who voted for it pretty suspect. I've got a couple of reads but I'm gonna flesh them out a bit before presenting them.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
From my reread I think the person that comes off worse not only out of those involved in the attempted Met SK jokeclaim lynch but also just in general is the Poison mushroom.
P-mush votes met.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Sure what the hell. ##vote Met
Then rounds on Opop because he made two posts about the same person p-mush was happy to contentless bandwagon.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Actually, at least Byers is pushing a real case. Opop's trying way too hard to push a 'joke' turbolynch.

##vote Canadian Bacon

Opop, are you a lyncher, or just scum?
I can't see how any one could genuinely characterise opop's two posts as "trying way too hard". Seems like a fake reaction.

Poison Mushroom posted:

I'm just gonna stick here on my "Byers is trying too hard to find a solid case" case. It's mostly gut, admittedly.
I also don't understand how that's a real case. Seems like a lot of P-mush's content is contrived.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Mafia edit: My scumtell is being really goddamn obvious as scum.
Possibly pre-emptive gloating? Either way I feel that the thread's on the right track ##vote poison mushroom

I've just noticed I have no food in the house so I need to go shopping, I'll post some more reads when I get back.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
It's -1, I'll hammer if no one objects.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

King Burgundy posted:

I don't think this vote counted. So technically it might have already happened.

Yeah I think you're right.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

merk posted:

Did he even claim? He's been idling out at -2/-1 and isn't claiming?

Someone just hammer this dude.

Yeah ok ##vote The science of suck

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Poison Mushroom posted:

It's either an SK/3P, or, what might be it is a Paranoid Gun Owner, and a really unlucky lurkerscum who tried to make the NK?

Unless the dead scum is just from a nightvig? And the scumkill failed for another reason?

Why do you think the scumkill failed when Asiina was town?

Also who the hell is red raven?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

no wonder asiina was pissed you really did give her a nobody.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Pinterest Mom posted:

I was kind of peeved by how merk pushed for a hammer asap on SoS yesterday despite being like 4 hours from deadline.

This is a pretty egregious example of people in glass houses throwing stones, you effectively hammered him and then post-mortem unvoted to avoid looking bad for what you already admitted in this thread is your scum tell. ##vote Pinterest Mom

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Poison Mushroom posted:

Can we start calling Pinterest Mom Pin, and me Mush, or Poison or something? Just to avoid confusion?

P-mush not good enough for you?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

CCKeane posted:

I mean I find it weird that As I in a was targeted with a doc claim on the table and the always murderable jerk in the game.

My phone auto corrected merk to jerk but I ain't fixing it.

I always think that confusion could easily be the desired effect of the NK target so any unusual choice still has a reasonable explanation alongside the bonus of less obvious targets being less likely to enjoy protection.

bowmore posted:

Meinberg is SK

For real?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

bowmore posted:

It can't get anymore real

That's pretty drat real. I'm inclined to believe you then ##vote meinberg

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Nthing the calls for bowmore to explain what the hell.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

DGK2000 posted:

Reads. Merk always tunnels as town, and makes lovely cases as scum. All he's done is posted junk cases and shitpost. I'm quite sure about this.

Met claimed SK on D1, and has since basically been flaunting it.

Can you point a post where Met is flaunting his SK status?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

CCKeane posted:

Here you go, Punt.

I assumed that's the SK claim, DGK says he's been flaunting it since.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Pinterest Mom posted:

at the risk of being obvious that's not a very town response

I agree they are pretty lovely responses, for some reason I thought he meant obviously displaying his status as SK instead of being insufferable and thought he might be seeing something I'm not.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
I think I'd like to lynch mainly either Met or Bowmore but to be honest I'm not sure if it's more irritation that their behaviour is counter productive rather than being genuinely scummy because I find it hard to rationalise how either's behaviour makes sense for scum.

Except in Bowmore's case at least two people have made a meta-defence of his behaviour so if he's aware of his own meta, he could be pulling high-risk gambit? (no x-men pun intended). I thought his remark that he didn't lie on the basis that the claim was implicit was weaselly and the "maybe the eight other posters who gave my deception the benefit of the doubt are the real bad-guys" post was pretty bad when I don't think I've ever played or read a game where an uncontested investigation claim wasn't taken at face value.

I also really don't like this exchange:

bowmore posted:

Pinterest are you mad because you think that's how town should react, it doesn't seem genuine to me

Pinterest Mom posted:

Wait, i mean

gently caress,

you're good
I always find "jokes" involving intentional scum claims/admissions/slips intensely suspicious, I'm of half a mind to interpret this entire interaction as busing therefore, so I'm still willing to consider voting Pinmom once again as well.

I think Met made a good point when he said that we should try to kill the SK first though. Unfortunately for Met I think DGK's argument about him being the SK seems plausible as his behaviour's nonsensical for scum, unless Met is lynchproof and knows he can get away with being a shitlord with impunity. Met can you confirm or deny?

Talking of shitlords, one of my house mate's left the back-door open and their dog got in, unattended, in the house, I came back home to find garbage strewn all over the floors of basically every room in the house. It was rank.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

CCKeane posted:

I also didn't like that exchange with Pinterest Mom.

I was really nervous about merk but I think he's alright.

Bowmore's bullshit on "I didn't make a claim" is bullshit.

Met is a doody.

But is he a serial doody? That is the question.

I'm willing to wait and see on Merk given his claim.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Byers2142 posted:

Wait, has he been here since we asked for one? ##unvote

Sorry, thought he's posted since I asked.

bowmore lying as town is something I've seen him do before; I agree that PMom comes off worse in the exchange, and if you put those two next to each other she's scummier.

PMom is a dude.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Met posted:

So if I don't post, I don't get any votes. Nice.

You are being so incredibly self-serving that I can't believe you are town ##vote Met

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Met posted:

Well that doesn't make any sense. Why would I laugh at the absurdity if my best option was not replying with that snark?

Your strategy of being a dick is the self-serving part that was just the latest in posts that irked me, why did you jokeclaim SK or explain your "strategy"? These weren't your best options either. I don't understand any of what you're doing in the slightest.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Met posted:

Do go on about the guy joke claiming SK on day 1 being completely serious.

That's not what I said, my point was that if you joke about your alignment you can make people suspicious of your alignment and so it's not your best option. If you've not been choosing your best options previously there's no reason why I have to account for you not choosing your best option now. The best I can figure it is that you're probably trying to ride a too scummy to be scum argument into the end-game and that makes me feel more strongly that you're 3p.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

King Burgundy posted:

Based on just today's posts, we currently have 6 votes available for both Merk and Met. So we can be at -1 on either relatively quickly.

I'm also about now.

Farbror posted:

I'd be okay voting Met. I kinda believe him, but this might be a mafia lesson for me.

Farbror, is this still true?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Dr. Hurt posted:

Yeah it is pretty sound that the guy who screams "hey guys lynch me" should be shot. I agree with that.

I'd definitely agree with this as well, do it keane, do it for your old pal punt!

Farbror posted:

Yeah, it's how I feel. The way he acted seemed genuine to me, and over the top as scum. But at the same time it's so scummy that it can't be ignored.

Dr. Hurt ,Met, bowmore or merk are the people I'd vote for today.

Well I think/hope Met might be a moot point now, I've not been convinced by the points against Hurt and won't vote him today, Bowmore I'd be happy with and Pinterest too, I'd be willing to vote merk if there's no interest in the other two.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Byers2142 posted:

For me, it comes down to meta. bowmore faked a softclaim to get his way in voting Meinberg yesterday. That's scummy behavior, but it's behavior like I've seen town bowmore make in the past.

How well known is it that he does that sort of thing?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Byers2142 posted:

Dunno, it's something I've noticed he does, nit sure if other people have. I mean, he did have the leaked scumdoc picture in Civ which led to multiple scumbros being lynched, so him making less than smart moves because he thinks they'll be fun or effective isn't that unknown.

Hahaha yeah I saw that. What I'm interested in is whether it's sufficiently well known that he might think he could count on it.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Byers2142 posted:

That, by the way, is the single most Ecco thing you will ever read.

It's not written from the perspective of Petyr Balish I don't believe you.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Byers2142 posted:

Sorry, I don't watch the Hunger Games movies, I don't understand this reference.

He's a character in the popular Baltimore cop series The Wire.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

CCKeane posted:

Making fun of ecco is always okay.

That said, so why shouldn't we shoot merk and then see how he flips and go from there?

Why does everybody want to shoot met then, apparently, shrug off his flip and vote merk?

I think most people feel like Met has pretty much baited us in his lynch and possible reasons for that are that he might be a lynchbomb/proof and/or jester so using the vig against him would sidestep those possible negative repercussions.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Dr. Hurt posted:

No no, you'd still need 12. Save the last one for yourself.

Cable has terminal cyber-cancer anyway.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Dr. Hurt posted:

That's basically the most noncommittal claim. By this people had already died and it would be super easy for him just to say he's a hero.

Yeah I didn't think it was something to take seriously either, though if people want to get super-picky he never actually used the word hero.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Is anyone else having trouble with votefinder loading?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

King Burgundy posted:

The more I think about it, the more I can't imagine actually living through the night. So I'd like to get some information out there so that town can hopefully do some good with it.

Hi, I'm Charles Xavier, PROFESSOR X. I am the X-Men Cop.

On Day 1 I believed Merk to be scum. I did NOT investigate him on night 1 however, because I figured if I was wrong, then scum would kill him on Night 1 anyway for being too good at the game. Instead I investigated Byers as I always think he is town so I wanted some verification. Byers came back as X-Men.

On Day 2, nothing changed my mind about Merk, and he had lived through the night, so for my night action on N2 I investigated Merk. He came back as Not X-men. In addition, the flavor suggested he was either juggernaut or magneto.

Now when I die tonight you'll at least have a bit more to go on to finish this off without having to argue about my breadcrumbs.

I'd really like to lynch Merk. But if you guys are STILL set on doing Met first, I can make my peace with that now that I've spilled.

What made you so sure you wouldn't survive the night?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

CCKeane posted:

KB had a soft claim of an investigative role when I pointed my gun at him, as I am wont to do.

I managed to miss that ##vote merk

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

King Burgundy posted:

Given that he shot TT without warning, I think it is pretty clear he might have just as easily killed me. :) I mean, second guess me all you want, but it is clear Keane doesn't play by the same rules as other people.

Keane is definitely a maverick rebel.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Met posted:

I'm more concerned with the people than didn't vote Merk than I am with you.

merk: King Burgundy, DGK2000, Byers2142, Met, Pinterest Mom, Puntification, CommaToes
Met: Dr. Hurt, Tremendous Taste, merk
Hurt: Farbror
Farbror: bowmore

Non-Voters: CCKeane

Hurt, TT, and bowmore are the highest on my list, for what it's worth.

Tossing up ##vote: Dr. Hurt for now because I saw his name bolded a few times more than anyone else so far and he's on my top 3 scumlist.

Why them and not farbror or keane?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
I like Keane for town and think he's right that pinmom's case on him is OMGUSy, I still think met is a bad guy though and would prefer to lynch him first. Met pretending lynching scum is somehow proof of alignment when both busing exists and it also benefits a SK to kill scum is just dumb. ##vote met

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Met posted:

Because I claimed SK on Day 1.

"He just claimed SK. Lynch him." - idiots

You only think that's the case on you because you're too bloody lazy to actually read the thread.

• Locked thread