Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Playing a game while running another? Why I never!

Sign me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I'm an X-Mans.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Serial Killer, it says.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Opopanax posted:

You guys I used some pretty foolproof science to explain why we should turbo met, please don't argue

Makes sense to me.

##vote Met

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
##unvote

I just had dinner with him and he seems like an okay guy.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Byers2142 posted:

##vote merk

merk's scum. I don't like his vote on Taste yesterday, he's playing this game safe with his casing. Mushroom, SoS, and Taste are his votes, all for cases pushed by other people or for singular posts that he calls scummy in vacuum. He's not looking for context or thinking about the game as a whole, he's just looking for cases to appear like he's scumhunting.

I agree with this. Hate to poo poo and run but ##vote Merk

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

merk posted:

This is literally your only vote this game.

Do something about it.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I agree with Bryers and then he changes his vote to me. Interesting.

I don't much care participating in the GBS-Lite spam especially when I'm online all day and every time I look at this thread it has another 100 new posts.

Being a dick early on isn't so great for day phase but it does keep you from getting randomly night killed which will help get me through down to the end when there's fewer people, which is far easier to pick out scum based on vote histories and choice posts.

Telling you all of this hurts this game for me, but I'm not too stressed about this one. Go nuts.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Worked last time.

Do something about it?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

King Burgundy posted:

If he turns out to be town after we lynch him, he will have been the worst town I ever worked with. And in my 2 completed games so far, I've already worked with some really lovely town.

You need to play more Mafia and stop being so boring then.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

DGK2000 posted:

Merk is scum and Met actually is the SK.

##vote Merk

If this were true, you should lynch the SK first. That's one of the two nightkills removed each night, good for town.

Getting a "scum" and then the SK would be something a Mafia would prefer because it gives the SK another chance to kill a townie.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Met posted:

If this were true, you should lynch the SK first. That's one of the two nightkills removed each night, good for town.

Getting a "scum" and then the SK would be something a Mafia would prefer because it gives the SK another chance to kill a townie.

Continuing this, DGK2000, are you scum or do you just lack thinking ahead?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

DGK2000 posted:

Except I'm assuming the SK doesn't know who the scum are, and may hit them as well. We're not sitting at -1 on anyone, so I think it's alright to have my vote on Merk at the moment. Who do you think is scum?

So Townies outnumber Scum and you're betting on the SK hitting the scum instead. Good plan.

##unvote
##vote DGK2000

This is the hill I choose to die on.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

DGK2000 posted:

Are you too dimwitted to realize you don't have to unvote first?

Dimwitted? I haven't played much with votefinder. You seem mad. Maybe you should go outside and relax a little bit. It's just a game. :shrug:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Byers2142 posted:

Wait, has he been here since we asked for one? ##unvote

Sorry, thought he's posted since I asked.

So if I don't post, I don't get any votes. Nice.

I'm still an X-Mans. Nothing interesting.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Puntification posted:

You are being so incredibly self-serving that I can't believe you are town ##vote Met

Well that doesn't make any sense. Why would I laugh at the absurdity if my best option was not replying with that snark?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Puntification posted:

Your strategy of being a dick is the self-serving part that was just the latest in posts that irked me, why did you jokeclaim SK or explain your "strategy"? These weren't your best options either. I don't understand any of what you're doing in the slightest.

Do go on about the guy joke claiming SK on day 1 being completely serious.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

merk posted:

I'm not freaking out. I can see the writing on the wall. This is really the only way I ever get lynched as Town. People stop talking and votes trickle in with awful (or no) reasoning over the course of the whole game day.

##vote Merk

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Had to read through 200 posts through the closed thread. Thanks for not lynching me despite not having a chance yesterday to answer any questions.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Kay. I only just lynched a scum.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I'm more concerned with the people than didn't vote Merk than I am with you.

merk: King Burgundy, DGK2000, Byers2142, Met, Pinterest Mom, Puntification, CommaToes
Met: Dr. Hurt, Tremendous Taste, merk
Hurt: Farbror
Farbror: bowmore

Non-Voters: CCKeane

Hurt, TT, and bowmore are the highest on my list, for what it's worth.

Tossing up ##vote: Dr. Hurt for now because I saw his name bolded a few times more than anyone else so far and he's on my top 3 scumlist.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Puntification posted:

Why them and not farbror or keane?

Farbhor voted Hurt and Hurt is on the scumlist. To be fair, I tie CCKeane and Farbhor #4 on that list based on that limited bit of information I used rather than trawling hundreds of pages of posts just to get a "he feels scummy" as my reasoning.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Why are you suddenly concerned with hunting scum after spending two days doing nothing but shitposting?

Because I'm Town? Because I just don't care some days? Pick whichever suits you. They're both accurate.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

King Burgundy posted:

Yay Juggernaut is down. Annnnnnd poo poo. Goodbye Byers! Sorry for making you a target!

Only one kill last night and I am still alive. I'm sure I was supposed to be the second.

So right now I'm leaning Keane as scum, but I have a busy work day ahead of me, so a case will have to wait till later.

##vote keane

On the off chance people join me on this vote, please don't hammer early.

You could have given us a little more? It probably wouldn't have taken that long to give a brief description.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Pinterest Mom posted:

Following the cop
##vote keane

Oh. Did he claim cop? I skimmed a lot.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

King Burgundy posted:

So there are no misunderstandings, I did not find a scum last night.

Who did you target?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Fair enough.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Tremendous Taste posted:

I think it's much likelier that the SK was somehow stopped than scum having multiple kills.

Met is still a good pick for that imo

##vote met

Because I claimed SK on Day 1.

"He just claimed SK. Lynch him." - idiots

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Puntification posted:

I like Keane for town and think he's right that pinmom's case on him is OMGUSy, I still think met is a bad guy though and would prefer to lynch him first. Met pretending lynching scum is somehow proof of alignment when both busing exists and it also benefits a SK to kill scum is just dumb. ##vote met

It does not benefit an SK to be be the sole-killer in the game.

What's more likely is that anyone latching onto the "Met is actually the SK" are Scum scrambling on the anyone-but-us plan and I was one vote off of getting lynched yesterday. So if you guys manage to lynch me, the few of you scum are just going to shrug your shoulders and act all innocent, "he acted scummy. Not my fault I led the charge."

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

CCKeane posted:

Frankly I do agree with this assessment, but dude your game has been poo poo so I mean, I can't fault anybody for thinking you should get offed.

Meh, sometimes it's more fun to dick around. Same old song and dance of Mafia gets old after a few dozen games. :shrug:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Yeah, I'll just seriousface this game like all of you do for hundreds of posts a day.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

CommaToes posted:

Met's argument is essentially "I'm not going to play mafia because playing mafia is boring."

##vote Met

Which is a solid reason to lynch a townie. :downs:

##vote CommaToes

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

King Burgundy posted:

I know this makes me anti-town in my own way, but I *DO* think it is a solid reason to accidentally lynch a townie. If we don't have strong reads on people, I gravitate towards voting out the useless, the lurkers, etc to get them out of the way and leave only people in the game who actually can be read.

You weren't making any cases of your own, all you did was hop on other votes and aggressively antagonize the other people in the game and make fun of the "serious" people who actually put effort into the games they play.

Now that there are a lot fewer people in the game, you are STILL not willing to participate. When called on it, you have a new excuse that you are tired of playing the same old game.

---

I am still completely comfortable voting Met. Honestly, if I wasn't afraid I was about to get NK'd and Merk was about to get away with snowing you all, I would have let yesterday play out as it was and let Met get lynched. We don't want to be going into LYLO with Met still lurking there as possible scum. Having said all that, I still don't think you are my priority, but I'll sleep on where I want my vote.

I'm not done on my full reread yet but I think I'm going to stop for the night to eat and watch some tv so I'll just post what I have so far.

Again, flawed. There's no reason to knowingly lynch someone you suspect is a townie but is annoying. So far, being "useless" I've lynched less townies than you have, but just as many scum. I could argue I'm playing a better game thus far.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Hey Magneto, it would really be great if you revealed so TT can achieve his win condition.

That's a pretty neat role, if it's true.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

King Burgundy posted:

So, don't you want us to NOT lynch Magneto successfully until you have already jailed him? Doesn't that somewhat put you at odds with town?

It could also help the town if he reveals who Magneto is if he finds him.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
In fact, the only people who would be less likely to confirm they were jailed would be scum because it would be apparent that their kill did not occur the night they were jailed.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

DGK2000 posted:

Still not against lynching you, and for now I'll roll with TT's explanation of himself.

##vote Met

I didn't realize it was me vs TT.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

DGK2000 posted:

It's not, but I enjoy seeing you post.

Thanks. :)

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Hurt, Punt, and Comma have been pretty quiet today. They've only come out of hiding to bandwagon some rage on me.

I think I'll move my vote back to Hurt for now.

##vote Dr. Hurt

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I've been having a wonderful time being obnoxious this game. Most fun I've had with Mafia in awhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

CCKeane posted:

I recommend using scatological insults to really peak.

Quit being such a piss-stain.

• Locked thread