Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

this is not an rss feed go die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

chaosbreather posted:

lol you have no idea what you're talking about

read literally anything about the renaissance. don't watch a documentary, actually read a history book you idiot. you realise that the loving borgias were popes right? don't you have any idea what they did? from even cultural osmosis?

go to literally any gallery or villa in italy and the courtyards are literally full of statuary with dicks cut off. just because you commission a work does not give you licence to deface it. art belongs to history you literal philistine.

david is in the academy gallery, not the loving vatican. completely different country. that is how little you know.

also the vatican has one of the worlds largest collection of ancient egyptian art, did they commission that you impossible fuckwit? or did they loving burn in there and take it? i'll give you three guesses.

they also felt totally free to lop the dicks of the ancient roman statues as well, which are priceless. also not commissioned.

you know something, i recommend you go to italy because i can think of no quicker cure of being catholic. just go to a proper italian cathedral and soak in the magnificent art and architecture completely spoilt by the neon gift shop sign pointing out fabulous bargains located conveniently right next to the altar, the blaring video tourguide terminals, the solemnity of the most huge and tasteless Swarovski crystal chandeliers you can possibly imagine (you can tell because there's a large sign pointing them out). just realising how much of a joke the church thinks of your solemn beliefs and worship might give you something to think about. go to Assisi, too, you can check out the fantastically huge basillica with the incredible frescoes that they have made no effort to restore so they're just blackened and crumbling. it's great, you go downstairs and you can see the remains of saint francis surrounded by four big donation box with blinking christmas lights on there. they treat the core places and people of your faith like some sort of hideous sideshow.

i'm not anything, not catholic, not protestant, just a fan of history, and man they have got some history. but they treat it with casual contempt, and they treat anyone who believes that poo poo with more than casual contempt.

wow look at all this gay

• Locked thread