Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I'd really like cybernetics. like robot arms and brain implants. poo poo would be pretty sweet and at the rate limb replacement tech is coming along I might actually get to have kicking rad robot legs (so long as we don't all die in the next 30 years lol).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax
sexrobot

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
Replicators, because being able to make food, water and pretty much any gizmo you want out of thin air pretty much solves every single problem on this planet.

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3
Commonplace space travel. Even if it were just our solar system it would go a long way towards resolving resource scarcity issues we currently have.

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax
slaverobot

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
Oh also a sexrobot

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
farcaster portals - hyperion cantos

skip drives - old man's war novels

nanotechnology medicine - everything

onedayholiday
Dec 6, 2013

Grimey Drawer
penis enlargement

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

The farmer's mistake was believing he had any control over his life.
Be careful what you wish for

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Cybernetics and electric computer drugs

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
Soma and pneumatic beta chicks.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Melchior posted:

Commonplace space travel. Even if it were just our solar system it would go a long way towards resolving resource scarcity issues we currently have.

this would be p cool, O'neill cylinders and stuff would be really neat

also sexrobots

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax
gun for an arm

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
gun for a face

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Borg nanites.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
a hot lady with banging titties (but she is from space)

Biggie Shorty
Oct 8, 2008
Google Fiber

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
Asomovian androids.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I want to be augmented.

I'm asking for this.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Biggie Shorty posted:

Google Fiber

this one is ~rEaL~

Eponymouse
Nov 2, 2013

Beneath the skin, we are already one.

nanomachines

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

vyst posted:

I want to be augmented.

I'm asking for this.

go talk to a surgeon and get boobs/bigger/smaller boobs

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

its always really dumb when you have cyberpunk people being all broody about their sweet robot arms or their awesome robot legs or their washboard robot abs, same poo poo as when vampires get all :qq: about being immortal in movies and stuff. being immortal would own. having robot arms would own. immortal robot arm+leg+abs having vampire would be the owningest but i don't wanna dream too big you know

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

its always really dumb when you have cyberpunk people being all broody about their sweet robot arms or their awesome robot legs or their washboard robot abs, same poo poo as when vampires get all :qq: about being immortal in movies and stuff. being immortal would own. having robot arms would own. immortal robot arm+leg+abs having vampire would be the owningest but i don't wanna dream too big you know

what if you just did robot brain and cloning?

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Orbiting space colonies.

Seconding Asmimov style robots.

Extra-terrestrial contact and they don't want to kill us.

Dimensional portals

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Brain to computer interface. Why should I have to be near my computer to hit next episode on netflix?

Color shifting clothes. Because reasons.

The eye makeup machine from the fifth element. Because lazy reasons.

Robot maid to cleanup my apartment and also talk to me when im lonely.

Robot cat. Beep boop meow. :toxogond:

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

dontcareaboutname posted:

what if you just did robot brain and cloning?

I dunno man cause like

is a clone of me really me? is a brain upload of me really me? Like probably not, I me Nemesis Of Mole Prime wants to live forever and have sweet robot arms. I don't want some scrub who just thinks hes me with all my memories hopes and dreams rocking around in a sweet robot brain with me discarded into a heap on the floor or something

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:
Psychohistory :allears:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
A cure for male pattern baldness.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

death of all humanity except for jonathan

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

redshirt posted:

A cure for male pattern baldness.

just become a woman, problem solved. i mean then you'd just have female pattern baldness.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i just want to go to space, just once before i die. i want to look down at the world, then float to the other side of the ship and look out at the inky black beyond and wonder what new discoveries are waiting humanity if we can persevere

*farrrrrrrt*

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer
None. A lot of today's tech is yesterday's science fiction, our productivity has skyrocketed as a result, and we're still killing ourselves working ridiculous hours in a capitalist society. Even if I could, say, teleport instantly from my house to work, that would mean everybody else could, too, and we'd be forced to work longer hours to compete. Honestly, I'd rather have the relative peace and quiet of the 20-minute commute from my house in a rural community.

Sci-fi and fantasy worlds may sound cool and exciting, until you realize that, regardless of what reality we live in, we'd still have the same drat problems, just in a slightly different configuration. "Hey, we're flying through space at 5 times the speed of light! Oh poo poo, I'm late for my meeting with upper management, hope I don't get fired and ejected into the nearest star while they replace me with a harder-working clone."

edit: yes, I am great fun at parties, why do you ask?

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
all of it, man :okpos:

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

teleportation. gently caress traffic.

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax
guns for nipples

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

runupon cracker posted:

None. A lot of today's tech is yesterday's science fiction, our productivity has skyrocketed as a result, and we're still killing ourselves working ridiculous hours in a capitalist society. Even if I could, say, teleport instantly from my house to work, that would mean everybody else could, too, and we'd be forced to work longer hours to compete. Honestly, I'd rather have the relative peace and quiet of the 20-minute commute from my house in a rural community.

Sci-fi and fantasy worlds may sound cool and exciting, until you realize that, regardless of what reality we live in, we'd still have the same drat problems, just in a slightly different configuration. "Hey, we're flying through space at 5 times the speed of light! Oh poo poo, I'm late for my meeting with upper management, hope I don't get fired and ejected into the nearest star while they replace me with a harder-working clone."

you should of just said the creation and use of weapons that set our technology back 100 years.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

runupon cracker posted:

yeah but can you put your dick in your phone yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

runupon cracker posted:

yeah but

dude

robot arms

• Locked thread