Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax
telescopic wiener

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahler
Oct 30, 2008

Iain Bank's "The Culture".

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
testicle customization

HereComesEverybody
Mar 2, 2007

a commodius vicus of recirculation back to Howth Castle and Environs.

where's my loving jetpack???

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax
truck nutz for your nutz

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
is it acceptable to say i'd like it if our world just became rifts because it'd make life far far shorter more interesting.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
nut spinnaz

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

HereComesEverybody posted:

where's my loving jetpack???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E81KQ7u3-7s

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Like yeah on some levels some of the wanky sci-fi tech wouldn't really change all that much because it'd still be in a society that doesn't use tech to ease burdens, just to increase productivity but also some of it would def. change the way the world worked as a whole. like capitalism would fall apart overnight if some dude invented a replicator (and then we'd all die in replicator wars i guess)

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
The machine stops.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
that chick with three boobs

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

A black slave robot

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Like yeah on some levels some of the wanky sci-fi tech wouldn't really change all that much because it'd still be in a society that doesn't use tech to ease burdens, just to increase productivity but also some of it would def. change the way the world worked as a whole. like capitalism would fall apart overnight if some dude invented a replicator (and then we'd all die in replicator wars i guess)

wouldn't it be like uh the third kind the PKD story?

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax
general lee horn erection-activated sound chip implant

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

amityville anus posted:

that chick with 25 boobs

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax
i'd really like it if i could get tattoos of animated gifs

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

paranoid randroid posted:

testicle customization
i dunno man... i mean you could have technicolor parket patterned super long oblong balls but unless someone cuts into your scrotum they won't see much of it at all... 2/5

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

jarvis cocker posted:

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

jarvis cocker posted:

Wow.

I want nanite tattoos. Just change my tats with magnetic pens. :swoon:

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

psyopmonkey posted:

Wow.

this would also be pretty cool. did you see that one thing where they can implant a magnet in your hand that gives you crazy cool magnet sensing powers? p neat

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

scientific proof of what really happens to your consciousness after you die

unless it's nothing then i want to be immortal, like real immortal no constant degeneration of body tissue or eventually disintergrating into seperate molecules that can still somehow feel constant pain

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

jarvis cocker posted:

truck nutz for your nutz

just think of the countervailing pendulum effects

it will be used in physics textbooks for years

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

this would also be pretty cool. did you see that one thing where they can implant a magnet in your hand that gives you crazy cool magnet sensing powers? p neat

There's already a cellphone that does this

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

psyopmonkey posted:

Wow.

I want this too but so i can hack yours and other peoples tattoos to say embarrassing stuff :twisted:

e:

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

also this but then get an MRI

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

I dont want a magnet. I want a NFC coil thats hooked into my nervous system in my palm. Feel the RF, man. :catdrugs:

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

any augs that let you see/feel waves and forms of energy and light that you can't normally would be the poo poo

like they can cut out some of your eye and you can see UV light but it'll blind you pretty quickly. it'd be cool if you could get that and also not go blind

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3
I think it's pretty hilarious I watch episodes of Trek and see communicators and PADDs and think 'drat, those things are clunky'

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

any augs that let you see/feel waves and forms of energy and light that you can't normally would be the poo poo

like they can cut out some of your eye and you can see UV light but it'll blind you pretty quickly. it'd be cool if you could get that and also not go blind

"I got my shine jawb in a super max on pandoramars spacejail brah." - Every douchebag that wants to be vin disel

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
phone batteries that never run out

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Eddy-Baby
Mar 8, 2006

₤₤LOADSA MONAY₤₤
the future

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Hair chalk with titanium fleck in it so I can have iridescent highlights. :swoon:

I think I need to contact a hair chalk manufacturer...

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
those implanted glasses that batou has but with screens that show IM GAY in colorful letters

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

real for real AI would be neat to interact with and see how it thought and acted and reasoned.

Molentik
Apr 30, 2013

world peace

:smith:

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

real for real AI would be neat to interact with and see how it thought and acted and reasoned.

itt goons understand that even in the future they wont interact with real humans

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
situations where i can be a computer guy that never leaves his house but is still a dangerous cool renegade that says gently caress words and hangs around with molly millions

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

MOLOCH!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Cross breed Kudzu and a grain or rape seed. Carpet bomb arid areas in Utah and Arizona and see what happens. :sinister:

Hundreds of miles of green vine producing tons of food.

• Locked thread