Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Souls, OP.

Can you imagine?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nubian Sasquatch
May 3, 2007

back dat ass up
Nap Ghost
quantum cornputer

like computer but also corn superimposed. open the box and find out whether you are doing taxes or having lunch

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp

Mahler posted:

Iain Bank's "The Culture".

i want to suck and gently caress a benevolent sentient godlike machine.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

three seashells

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

zVxTeflon posted:

three seashells

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat
the machine stops, espeically the part where it stops.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

space balls: the toilet paper

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Nubian Sasquatch posted:

quantum cornputer

like computer but also corn superimposed. open the box and find out whether you are doing taxes or having lunch

Your second idea is good but could someone explain why a quantum computer would be good besides its faster than normal computers?

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Am I seriously the first person to say HOLODECK?!

I don't know how this is even a debate, we all know this is the correct answer. Every single loving one of us, finances available, would spend 18-to-24 hours a day in this loving thing for the rest of our lives if we could. Don't try to deny it, I don't care how good you think you life is, you'd be a husk of a human being within a week with this at your fingertips. And honestly who would be there to give a gently caress?

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
space weed, and other space drugs

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

OMFG FURRY posted:

space weed, and other space drugs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6CwvJURYS8

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
the other night my fan was blowing &it was moving my bed sheet. the sheet kept hitting my back like it was patting me or comforting me & i want that invention to come out. it was like an emotional dildo

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax

Fetus Tree posted:

the other night my fan was blowing &it was moving my bed sheet. the sheet kept hitting my back like it was patting me or comforting me & i want that invention to come out. it was like an emotional dildo

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Can I spray that with Curve Crush and make it smell like my...

Nevermind.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
whatever ends up with humanity destroyed in its entirety, op

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
The road

u sp33k l33t br0
Sep 12, 2007

Who Doesn't Like Intercourse?
Soiled Meat
A benevolent god computer that fixes all of our problems would be nice.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
half life 3

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Slugnoid posted:

half life 3

keep it in the realm of possible realistic Sci Fi pls, not impossible astrology and chakras stuff

veilo
Jul 17, 2010

Never posts
ono-sendai cyberdeck

It will be like a console with occulus rift, clunky interface, viruses, barely enough local storage for even a small database, you need russian hacks to do anything and it will have and no games ...

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

A Corporation nation. And I don't mean a country run by corporations, I mean "The Republic of Wal-Mart". I just want to see how that would work. Like, are all citizens considered employees? what happens if you get fired?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

BoredDG posted:

A Corporation nation. And I don't mean a country run by corporations, I mean "The Republic of Wal-Mart". I just want to see how that would work. Like, are all citizens considered employees? what happens if you get fired?

you never get fired from a company you get promoted to customer..

salty fries make me cry
Oct 3, 2007

~~i'm outside ur window~~
~throwin bricks at teh moon~
I would be totally cool with being forced into alien slave labor as long as I got to go to other planets and meet cool looking aliens.

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Lol if you think any of this poo poo will benefit anyone but the hella rich.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

Lol if you think any of this poo poo will benefit anyone but the hella rich.

I fully expect the eye makeup machine from the Fifth Element at my local Sephora in the next 3 years. :colbert:

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
how would it benifit the super rich if i cybernetically enhanced my cat and entered her into death cat fighting?

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

dontcareaboutname posted:

how would it benifit the super rich if i cybernetically enhanced my cat and entered her into death cat fighting?

rich people get the best available fighting cats and augment them with the best available cybernetics and dominate the death cat fighting circuit

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Pththya-lyi posted:

rich people get the best available fighting cats and augment them with the best available cybernetics and dominate the death cat fighting circuit

i figured this would be like cock fighting where you try to take all your poor friends money by killing their pets, in an abandoned barn.

california roll
Feb 23, 2009
star citizen lol

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

dontcareaboutname posted:

i figured this would be like cock fighting where you try to take all your poor friends money by killing their pets, in an abandoned barn.

Yeah but it will have microtransactions.

Your cat is on fire. Your current cat chassis subscription does not have a fire suppression system. Would you like to upgrade its combat chassis with a VSL-1 Fire Suppression System after the fight for 1200 gems? You can also purchase an Upgrade Activation Pass to active any upgrade right away for 850 gems. Your cat's fire suppression system is out of charges, would you like to purchase 4 for 485 gems?

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

men in football pads driving cars with machine guns mounted on them

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

jarvis cocker posted:

legal assisted suicide

Suicide booths from Futurama

edit:

Most of the inventions from Futurama

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Star Citizen to be a real game.

LOL jk its much funnier as nothing.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
this please

bad-yeti
Jul 29, 2004

Space Yeti.

Sound posted:

That chick from Weird Science

I guess a mixture of too much time and being married to Steven Segal is not the besst combination.

Goodbye childhood fantasy. :(

Oh dear god......it gets worse :(

Entropia
Nov 18, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Al Borland posted:

Star Citizen to be a real game.

LOL jk its much funnier as nothing.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

demon summoning

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
a tiny computer i can carry around that is connected to a global network of media and knowledge and has megabytes of storage

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I want to gently caress hot blue bitches like Liara T'soni

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropia
Nov 18, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
i basically want to make sansha's nation into reality. come on, it'll be great! no more troublesome self-doubt and -pity telling you you're worthless. your life will finally have meaning and purpose

• Locked thread