Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

Miss Britches posted:

Coffee is decaffeinated by treating it with methyl halides in some places, and it's pretty impossible to get all the dichloromethane/chloromethane/whatever out afterward. I did it myself in a quantitative analysis class and i got to keep a little nmr tube of caffeine i extracted :D but don't drink decaf that stuff is no joke that's like one chlorine away from chloroform

if by 'some places' you mean o chem labs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miss Britches
Jun 15, 2014

Ocean Book posted:

if by 'some places' you mean o chem labs

it's a europe thing actually.

don't drink water it's one oxygen away from poison

don't use pencils its one nitrogen away from cynaide

ad infinitum

you know nothing jon snow

(my point was that dichloromethane is carcinogenic and chloroform is even worse for you)

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

a hole-y ghost posted:

you must hate the taste of coffee *orders vanilla latte*

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

Miss Britches posted:

it's a europe thing actually.

dumb

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Miss Britches posted:

Coffee is decaffeinated by treating it with methyl halides in some places, and it's pretty impossible to get all the dichloromethane/chloromethane/whatever out afterward. I did it myself in a quantitative analysis class and i got to keep a little nmr tube of caffeine i extracted :D but don't drink decaf that stuff is no joke that's like one chlorine away from chloroform
there are multiple ways to decaffeinate coffee that dont involve that drano poo poo ur talking about

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i dont

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

my vanilla latte

would you like some cock with that drink you homosexual

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery
just snort coke you loving children

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Seriously, you again with another loving thread about your food snobbery? Is this all you do? Keep posting the same honeypot poo poo threads over and over to debate food and the differences between everyone in the world and your faggy, British ways. Give up already. The great Satan will make you suffer for this in the times to come. And Satan drinks whatever Satan wants. (30)

• Locked thread