Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

El Scotch posted:

vvvvv Incorrect, there is a timeline where Maggie is still in power (being alive not necessary).
Yes there is, it's this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Total Meatlove posted:

Police have been armed for nearly 10 years in major transport hubs and it's funny that goons would only just be noticing.
Fat lot of good they do anyway.

I remember seeing two sub-machine gun armed police do nothing but stare at a Brazilian TV presenter's arse for about 20 minutes during the Olympics (her kecks were painted on). Bin Laden's corpse could've wandered past them with a ticking briefcase and they wouldn't have noticed.

On the bright side, at least they didn't shoot her.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

gorki posted:

Poor TheCod3r. It seems like he got into all this trouble because he just couldn't stop himself gobbing off online :smith:
He's got a loving point though.

Edit: Although he deserves 3 years for his abuse of the apostrophe.

tooterfish fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Aug 22, 2014

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Pissflaps posted:

I've never really understood people in the UK doing those cinema filming jobs for dodgy DVDs surely somebody else in the world has already beaten them to it?
I don't know about you, but I always buy quality British knockoffs as opposed to cheap nasty Chinese knockoff knockoffs.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Praseodymi posted:

Actually, has anyone made a full list for the wall yet?
Yes. It's called the :airquote:phone book.:airquote:

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

LemonDrizzle posted:

The stated policy aim
Okay get ready, because I'm about to blow your loving mind.

Are you sat down?

Sometimes, politicians... lie!

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Maybe his brother in law is Batman? That's normal for Batman, stop judging him. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Not particularly, no - or at least not a bigger risk than they did before they left, because unless there's been a really spectacular cockup in airport security and they've been allowed to bring their AK47s back with them then they're just as likely to be a domestic threat when they come back as they were when they left. After all before they left they were already radicalised enough to, you know, travel half way round the world to fight in a war.
I don't think this is true. Sure, they have to be pretty radicalised to go there and join ISIS in the first place, but don't discount the training and contacts they'll receive, or how much their world-view will be reinforced. It's one thing to talk about doing things, actually doing and seeing them done first hand will change these guys in pretty unpredictable ways.

It's a question of how deep down the rabbit hole they go once they're out there. Will they be more prepared and more willing once they get back? I think there's certainly a danger of that, and I don't understand how you can be so dismissive about it.

tooterfish fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Aug 29, 2014

• Locked thread