Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

My car insurance is going up a whole bunch because I moved closer to the city even if I live in a rich people area. Also I haven't filed any claims with them but they feel that the two claims I've filed against other insurance companies should still raise my rates. I also got a 2nd speeding ticket this year so lol to me no defensive driving to keep that poo poo off my record. This butt loving is never ending isn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
a mexican person told me you can save on auto insurance by not having any

a black person told me you can save on auto insurance by only paying for the first month and then just keeping the papers and called it south side insurance

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Of all the real reasons to complain about insurance companies... You 've picked some real inocuous ones imo

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

how old you are and what company? ive got a really lovely driving record but my rates are pretty decent even though i have a dwi on there

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

Drunk Nerds posted:

Of all the real reasons to complain about insurance companies... You 've picked some real inocuous ones imo

I was trying to think of a way to say this.

That being said, my insurance actually went down when I moved a mere 1 mile away a few months ago. Pretty cool.

I'd be more worried about your second speeding ticket than your 3.94% insurance increase for moving to the hood.

If it makes you feel better, I've been pulled over more than 30 times.

Vacation Tenzin
Jan 23, 2005

I'M TOTALLY CALM AND RELAXED.

SaltLick posted:

My car insurance is going up a whole bunch because I moved closer to the city even if I live in a rich people area. Also I haven't filed any claims with them but they feel that the two claims I've filed against other insurance companies should still raise my rates. I also got a 2nd speeding ticket this year so lol to me no defensive driving to keep that poo poo off my record. This butt loving is never ending isn't it?

Come live in the Detroit Metro area of Michigan and that'll give you something to actually cry about re: Insurance costs

Seriously I know someone who moved to Texas and figured the money they were saving on insurance down there could afford them another complete car with insurance.

Vacation Tenzin fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jul 31, 2014

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
insurance is very useful and a good investment OP

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
I pay 600 a year to GEICO for two cars. I still don't get it, but I'm not complaining. I remember having to pay 200 a month back in the day.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
geico sucks poo poo good luck if you get into an accident

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

revmoo posted:

I pay 600 a year to GEICO for two cars. I still don't get it, but I'm not complaining. I remember having to pay 200 a month back in the day.

I pay $200 a month for one car. lick my balls lol

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
pro tip don't sign a contract when the company's slogan sounds like a fast food place

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

1gnoirents posted:

I pay $200 a month for one car. lick my balls lol

stop being 19 then human being

california roll
Feb 23, 2009
im poor now from the health insurance obama forced me to buy. there are millions out there like me but we can do nothing but wait to be herded to the fema camps.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

SaltLick posted:

its really easy to fake your legal address. i would recommend doing this if youre that keen on saving money on car insurance.

Subliminal Sauce
Apr 6, 2010

Spreading freedom and spreading it thick; that's just a thing us right-wing nutjobs do!
It's been a bad year for me...Geico's dropping me next month, so I have to find some other carrier who will cover me in spite of a recent legal kerfuffle. If it's waaayy too much I might have to sell my car

Barfoid 3
Jun 1, 2013

by Lowtax

SaltLick posted:

LOL that your car isn't registered at your parents suburban home, OP. That's one way to throw a bunch of money in the trash.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Subliminal Sauce posted:

It's been a bad year for me...Geico's dropping me next month, so I have to find some other carrier who will cover me in spite of a recent legal kerfuffle. If it's waaayy too much I might have to sell my car

progressive

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

JakeP posted:

stop being 19 then human being

im 27 bitch

when i was 21 my insurance was $420 a month though so its progress. This is with one not at fault animal accident claim ever in my life too *pro*

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Fetus Tree posted:

progressive

That's what's wrong.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Subliminal Sauce posted:

There is always some ghetto insurance company that will give you liability. They are ones with actual storefronts in stripmalls with neon signs of palm trees or other dumbass things so you have hope

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Be smart like me, buy a property on a lake in the middle of nowhere and garage your cars there. Your rates will magically go down.

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SaltLick posted:

A rich area actually increases rates because the average claim is higher due to the values of the vehicles being driven being hirer as well as being newer.

Being in the ghetto means claims are higher for breaking and theft and other personal loss claimed against the vehicle. Suburbs is the only area you can move to-from without seeing rates fluctuate unless there is a markedly different value of vehicle in the area. This is obviously not including personal injury data, just damage claims which are the most common.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
I feel much safer driving in the ghetto. Those folks actually have something to lose.

Subliminal Sauce
Apr 6, 2010

Spreading freedom and spreading it thick; that's just a thing us right-wing nutjobs do!

Fetus Tree posted:

progressive

Cool. guess that's who I'll call even though I hate Flo and her expanding rear end.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

R-Type posted:

That's what's wrong.

whatcha mean?

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Secret: All major insurance companies end up charging you almost the same rate once you actually match the features ;) most savings you see when you get a quote come from reducing max limits

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
USAA ftw

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SaltLick posted:

This butt loving is never ending isn't it?

I grip my scythe and weep.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

one of the few good insurance companies IMO.

Also US insurance companies keep a master database on everyone so they can see if they ever had a claim for car, home or rental insurance.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

+1

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Barfoid 3 posted:

LOL that your car isn't registered at your parents suburban home, OP. That's one way to throw a bunch of money in the trash.

yeah thats like not registering your container ship out of Panama or Liberia, out of state registration at a vacation home is even better supposedly but i wouldnt know.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Being mercs for big oil owns

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
my car is registered at my dad's suburb house it's like one weird trick insurance companies hate

Your Rain
Nov 29, 2006
All those born beneath an angry star.
stop breaking the law evil-doer

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Your Rain posted:

stop breaking the law evil-doer

corporations are people and it's okay for them to use loopholes so you can suck my nuts, pinko, if you're gonna try and stop me from using capitalism to my advantage

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Moridin920 posted:

my car is registered at my dad's suburb house it's like one weird trick insurance companies hate

If your car is registered under your parents name it gets a multiline discount until you have multiple vehicles and multiple policies as well.

So a homeowner will have HOI, 2 cars (on average), and perhaps some other misc policy. A multiline usually starts at 3 policies and can get about 15-28% off the total 6 month premium.

It isn't a bad deal, because 28% off your HOI is solid.

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
cars are a huge waste of money so i sold mine

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

:smugdog:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Moridin920 posted:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
i don't pay any of my medical bills b/c my logic is i already have health insurance, so if you wanna charge me on top of that, tough poo poo you ain't gettin' paid. the best part is, dr's won't refuse to treat you. i currently "owe" (they say i owe) about $12,000 to a local hospital that admitted me cause my organs were all messed up from drinkin lol

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

• Locked thread