Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Bayamon is either really really bad or that match was fixed. That's halfhearted defending/goalkeeping at best.

This was a while ago but I haven't been able to keep up with footy lately so I'm chiming in now: I can confirm that Bayamon FC is loving awful, which pains me because right now they're one of the best teams to come out of PR.

We suck at every sport that is not boxing or basketball. 10-1 does not surprise me in the least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
fox soccer plus might as well just be listed as the game not being broadcast

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Actually, Fox Soccer Plus has more HD distribution than Fox Sports 2. Also, Xfinity people don't get FS2.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

i get fs2 but not in hd

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

nbc figured out how to make money streaming games for "free" why cant fox do the same thing

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Here's the issue: there's Fox Sports Go and Fox Soccer 2Go. Fox Sports go includes FS1, FS2, FS Deportes, and the Fox College Sports channels. Fox Soccer 2Go covers all soccer and rugby matches.

Fox Sports Go is free, but it depends on your carrier if you can get it. Fox Soccer 2Go is pay, but it's available to everyone.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

5-0 here in the 75th minute.

highme
May 25, 2001

Merritt Paulson cut the log for for the last goal. People were afraid that the saw was gonna buck and bite him like an alligator.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

If Saprissa beats Kansas 3-1 the winner of the group will be decided by chance, would love to see that.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

highme posted:

Merritt Paulson cut the log for for the last goal. People were afraid that the saw was gonna buck and bite him like an alligator.

afraid... or hopeful?

E:
at least one positive thing for Alpha United is that they won't have to play on turf when they get home.

the escape goat fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Sep 24, 2014

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Drogadon posted:

If Saprissa beats Kansas 3-1 the winner of the group will be decided by chance, would love to see that.

If there is anything good left in the world this will happen. Zusi better not ruin this like he ruined Panama.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
DC United game is pretty plodding, but at least we're winning. And we get to see EJ in a Peter Cech hat.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Herediano beat Leon 2-1 and are through to the quarterfinals. Leon will have to play a meaningless last game of shame against Meatpan with no chance to qualify. There were 3 red cards in stoppage time because a Leon player kicked Yendrick and there was a bit of a fight.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
CONCACAF Champions League: Its like the European one but replace all the money, high profile stars and talent with an odd mixture of hatred and unfamiliarity.

highme
May 25, 2001

It looks like NYRB have also been eliminated.

Here's the scenarios for whether or not Portland advances.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Herediano's goals were both kinda nice, Leon's goal was :derp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy2UuhMfVuQ

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Drogadon posted:

Herediano's goals were both kinda nice, Leon's goal was :derp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy2UuhMfVuQ

What is Kölbi? I saw their name on the Herediano jerseys and it was all over my Tamarindo beach marathon shirt last weekend.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Kölbi is a celphone company. It is the cabecar language word for some kind of frog iirc.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

herediano and leon spent the entire game sprinting up and down the field

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Round 6 where to watch:

October 21
Tauro vs. DC United - Fox Soccer Plus
Club America vs. Comunicaciones - Univision Deportes
Alajuelense vs. Cruz Azul - Galavision
Olimpia vs. Portland Timbers - Fox Soccer Plus

October 22
New York Red Bulls vs. Montreal Impact - Fox Sports 2
Real España vs. Pachuca - Univision Deportes

October 23
León vs. Isidro Metapán - Univision Deportes
Deportivo Saprissa vs. Sporting Kansas City - Fox Soccer Plus

Herediano, Pachuca, D.C. United, and the Montreal Impact have all clinched spots in the knockout round.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

I believe the Timbers advance if they:
  • win
  • draw
  • lose by 1
  • lose by 2 but score at least 2.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Saprissa will advance with a 2-0 win, a 3-1 win will lead to a coin toss which is what I'm rooting for.

LDA need to at least draw.

Here is the situation in the groups

1. Pachuca
2. Kansas City or Saprissa
3. Montreal
4. DC
5. Portland or Olimpia
6. LDA or Cruz Azul
7. Herediano
8. America or Comunicaciones

So if LDA do their ONE job (likely) and Comunicaciones win in Mexico (pretty loving unlikely) Then we can already congratulate Pachuca for their 2014-2015 CCL win.

SandersPacheco
Jul 15, 2004

Faster than light
Expecting KC to play some really nasty Catenaccio for 90 minutes, then Saprissa scores at 90+1, only to be held back 1-1 at 90+2 by an own goal or some really bad Saprissa Defending(tm). Good luck to Herediano and LDA.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
So DC sent their backup everything to Panama. Only one starter (Chris Korb), assistant coaches Chad Ashton and Preston Burpo, and I've now discovered there's such a thing as an MLS Pool Player. Our backup GK is just a guy under contract with North America. I love it.

Diplomat
Dec 14, 2009

I did not know about the Pool Keepers, did some research. In order to call up a league keeper, a club must be under extreme hardship

quote:

(J) EXTREME HARDSHIP CALL-UPS
Teams may add players to their roster in cases of “extreme hardship” as follows: (1) a club with three goalkeepers on its 30-man roster, but has less than two available goalkeepers or (2) a team has less than 15 available players. Extreme hardship call-ups are made on a game-by-game basis.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/players/daniel-withrow is currently the leagues only pool keeper

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Are any of the games worth watching tonight?

highme
May 25, 2001

I'm biased, but Portland at Olimpia should be good. Olimpia needs to win big to advance so I expect them to attack early. They've also made tickets free for most of the stadium so it should be packed.

Zombie Chow
Jun 17, 2010

We interrupt this program to increase dramatic tension.
A final between Pachuca and DC United would be awesome.

I'd like America to win the cup, but they don't take the CCL very seriously :sweatdrop:

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Are any of these gonna be on a tv station I can watch?

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Seltzer posted:

Are any of these gonna be on a tv station I can watch?

Tonight's games are supposed to be on Fox Soccer Plus and Univison Deportes. Fox has moved CCL games around in the past without really telling anyone, though, so if you don't get FSP you can check FS1 or 2 cause they might be on there.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
FS+ is on free preview. Don't watch that game.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Guatemalans being garbagemen? Unbelievable!

highme
May 25, 2001

Olimpia up 2-0 in the 4th minute.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

highme posted:

Olimpia up 2-0 in the 4th minute.

I just turned it on... how did that even happen?! Crazy. Hopefully the Timbers can get back in the game even a little bit.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
A crazy as gently caress backwards volley and then our defenders were so shocked that they scored so early that Olimpia got an easy cross to an easy tap in.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Cityinthesea posted:

A crazy as gently caress backwards volley and then our defenders were so shocked that they scored so early that Olimpia got an easy cross to an easy tap in.

From what I have seen since, I think they are still shocked...

Oh snap, nice deflection goal to bring the Timbers back into the game.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

And a nice goal to take them right back out of it.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

This is maximum Timbers

It is also the most garbage I've seen since San Jose played San Jose.

porkface fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Oct 22, 2014

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Zemanski I have always loved you

this ref isn't consistent but it's entertaining enough that I can't even be too mad? Timbers better get through.

DC match earlier was fun, too. seeing them do well is pretty neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Getting some good looks. Is there time?

• Locked thread