Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
Holy poo poo Montreal. They were so bad. So so so bad last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
That really owned a lot

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I am shocked, SHOCKED that a Mexican team has been eliminated by a non-Mexican team. Well done, l'Impact.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Just watched the highlights, that was a great goal, and amazing timing. Looked like a pretty good sized crowd too.

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
My voice is hoarse as hell. The acoustics are really bad at Olympic Stadium and it can sound like a mausoleum even with a crowd of 40k, but when Porter scored the place loving exploded. I may have hugged complete strangers.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Well done Montreal.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Hell yes Impact. When DC wins 3-0 on a rainy cold Wednesday in the District we will party as one.

There won't be a thousand people. It's gonna be so awesome.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Can't wait to see the DC crowd cheering on big Bill in goal.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Didn't DC perform terribly last game? Do they need 3-0 to advance? Lastly why are MLS teams so poo poo in this tournament. Besides the fact it's off season, do teams just not really care that much about this tournament and put on reserves?

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Seltzer posted:

Didn't DC perform terribly last game? Do they need 3-0 to advance? Lastly why are MLS teams so poo poo in this tournament. Besides the fact it's off season, do teams just not really care that much about this tournament and put on reserves?

Yes they did, and yes they need to win by three goals.

As for the reasons:

1) off-season/preseason
2) most teams don't really care about the CCL for some reason
3) low salary cap (also domestic player quota?) means that MLS teams don't really have enough talented players to go toe-to-toe with MX teams. Usually an MLS team will have a first 11 that can make a game of it but when subs come out or an injury crisis happens or whatever, things get ugly.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

I can't watch this DCU shitshow anymore.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
THERE'S ONE.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Did the ref just throw Ben Olsen out of the game? I can't understand Spanish.

edit: lol. apparently. CONCACAF refs, making MLS refs look good and competent.

edit2: This ref has lost the plot, both teams are chippy and aggressive, and Ala is just baiting DC to fight back. Literally nothing happened for the last 7 minutes of the half.

edit3: Univision loving sucks for replays.

joshtothemaxx fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Mar 5, 2015

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Well, this is kind of entertaining I guess

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
I AM SO MAD.

Ala are just resorting to playground poo poo because they can't defend, stand up, or please their wives.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Your Boy Fancy posted:

I AM SO MAD.

Ala are just resorting to playground poo poo because they can't defend, stand up, or please their wives.

The CONCACAF Champions!

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Your Boy Fancy posted:

I AM SO MAD.

SO mad. Raging toward an entire nation here. But Arrieta scored, so I am conflicted.

edit: oh my god gently caress concacaf. This ref is so happy to let everyone stand around, push one another, yell about a little bit. This is dreadful.

joshtothemaxx fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Mar 5, 2015

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

At least in 20 minutes I won't have to watch any more of this central american poo poo.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
As good as Montreal was over their two games, DC was even worse. I'd hate to see what their pass completion rate was tonight. If they don't get their poo poo together, they could be looking at another 2013. Thank you Based Olsen.

It was pretty funny when the Ala guy got tackled into that pool next to Hamid's goal though. WTG DC.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Oh no, looks like the snow machine malfunctioned today and only made rain.

On one hand, another Aztecazo would be funny, but on the other hand I don't think I could handle the insufferable smugness of purple scum if it happened. gently caress this game I hope they both lose somehow.

Simone Poodoin fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Mar 5, 2015

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Club America is going to win the poo poo out of the continent.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Same as it ever was.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Herediano, led by the mighty CL9, will defeat the Mexican menace.

El Chingon
Oct 9, 2012

Drogadon posted:

Herediano, led by the mighty CL9, will defeat the Mexican menace.

As a fan of Club America I hope this doesn't happen, but with the CCL and Libertadores not being a priority to mexican teams, anything could happen.

SandersPacheco
Jul 15, 2004

Faster than light
Welp, America's too much of a team right now, and will probably win this whole poo poo (see: thread title). Also, Jeaustin Campos is a poo poo manager, and I'm counting the days till he fucks off.

Good luck to LDA and Herediano or whatever.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

The mighty CL9, my favorite player, guided Herediano through to the next round where they will face America and defeat the Mexican menace once and for all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWatW55xx44

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
WHEN TO WATCH (all matches on Fox Sports 2 in the US,)

Leg 1

March 17 10 PM EST - Herediano vs. América
March 18 8 PM EST - Montreal Impact vs. Alajuelense

Leg 2

April 7 10 PM EST - Alajuelense vs. Montreal Impact
April 8 10 PM EST - América vs. Herediano

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Herediano are beating America 3-0 with 10 minutes to go. There was an America player sent off but should have been 3 or 4 reds, the America players are kicking the poo poo out of Heredia and also being huge babies, like Chelsea players.

This owns so loving much

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Here are the highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl8cKfK_mPc

Check out around 1:50 to see the one and only red card, but in that play two America players should have been sent off, one for the tackle and the other one for kicking the mighty CL9 in the loving face.

Afterwards Bryan's lil bro Yendrick assisted Esteban "baldhawk" Ramirez for the first, then scored the second one. CL9 unfortunately couldn't score but he's a goddamned warrior who kept playing well after that brutal kick.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
I'm still not counting out Club America. It's been a decade of dominance by Mexican clubs, so I'm going to wait until the final whistle on April 8 before I believe any other country can win the League.

SandersPacheco
Jul 15, 2004

Faster than light

CaptainYesterday posted:

I'm still not counting out Club America. It's been a decade of dominance by Mexican clubs, so I'm going to wait until the final whistle on April 8 before I believe any other country can win the League.

This, although I honestly would love to see Lagos raising that trophy and singing we are the champions in his ridiculous voice and doing all the moves phwoar

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Lagos went to the hospital after the match, apparently he fainted in the dressing rooms. His nose was broken but no concussion or anything.

The mighty CL9 can play for an hour with a broken nose, what a hero!

Also Heredia ultras threw rocks at the America bus. Ultras are criminals, who knew?

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
Costa Rica is a CONCACAF wrecking crew right now. Big props to the Costa Rican teams. Please murder the Mexican teams some more.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
America will win 4-0 in response.

SandersPacheco
Jul 15, 2004

Faster than light
We're talking about goals, not KO's.

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
gently caress YEAH PIATTI

ungh wish I was in Montreal tonight

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Montreal :stare:

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
when's the last time this team scored on a set piece

JayMax fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Mar 19, 2015

Eelface
Jul 23, 2002

since I don't have fs2 I found this stream https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh_CQpRwqF0

figured it might be ok to post since its youtube?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
Cameron Porter is a loving gem.

• Locked thread