Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Winter Fresh
Oct 31, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

the kind what comes in those little bottles that everyone has everywhere

village catamite
Apr 7, 2009
i like tapatio i guess

e: look how stoked this dude is

village catamite fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Aug 1, 2014

VibrioCholera
Mar 7, 2003
cholula is really good but classic tobasco has its place

I also wear cargo shorts and swim trunks.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Make your own, it is stupidly simple.

bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

There's are enormous differences in the dozens of vinegar chili sauces available at your local grocer

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

village catamite posted:

i like tapatio i guess

VibrioCholera posted:

cholula is really good but classic tobasco has its place

Not super hot but they tasty.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Stone Brewing's Double Bastard hot sauce is probably my fav

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

VibrioCholera
Mar 7, 2003
Has anyone ever used hot sauce as a suppository? Wonder if it helps you get used to eating it faster. Y'know, like being exposed to chicken pox.

Alberto Basalm
Nov 14, 2005

i have like 5 hot sauces i always buy and i just put all of them on everything. my tolerance keeps going up and all i enjoy eating is spicy food now. its hell

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Actual god drat fresh peppers that are in an acidic or otherwise caustic solution but in a pinch some generic jalapeno thing from trader joe's is good for a chili

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

village catamite posted:

i like tapatio i guess

the sauce is good and the logo's hat is bitchin

Winter Fresh
Oct 31, 2011
franks and tabsco are also good alternatives

Execu-speak
Jun 2, 2011

Welcome to the real world hippies!
Cholula is great if you don't want super spicy but want big flavour.

bigzak
Aug 15, 2003
There's a store in the mall that sells nothing but hot sauce and they had some of that. I thought about getting it but it was $18 dollars so eh. Well anyway thanks for reading my blog have a good one see you next time

Disco_Bandit
Sep 8, 2006

sounds like rear end raper lol

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Al Cowens posted:

Actual god drat fresh peppers that are in an acidic or otherwise caustic solution but in a pinch some generic jalapeno thing from trader joe's is good for a chili

pepper vinegar is the condiment of the gods

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

sambal

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

but yea these are really tasty. they have hot sauce popcorn

habanero has so much flavor and sometimes i wonder if the hotter peppers do too or

olaf2022
Feb 19, 2003
Fun Shoe

they put an incredibly underrated scoville rating on the bottle to trick people

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Lucky Dog owns. The best part is, they aren't really that hot. They have a strong garlic-seasoning-smoked pepper flavor, even at the hottest level it doesn't overpower anything. I've had the pleasure of meeting the dude who makes it, he's cool and will talk your head off about hot sauces. There's a local store a couple blocks my house that carries like every hot sauce imaginable and they do tastings and often you'll meet the guys that make a lot of the Bay Area stuff. If you're over in Berkeley, you should check it out.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Hot.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Get some scotch bonnets, Jalepenos, Tomatos, Garlic, and liquid smoke.

Mash it up.

Put some rice wine vinegar in there.

Add some salt to taste.

Shits not that hard folks... :colbert:

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

all those hot sauces that don't taste like anything are carp "the hottest fuckin sauce" I may as well put pure capsacin on my food

give me a sauce that tastes like somthing

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Copley Depot posted:

all those hot sauces that don't taste like anything are carp "the hottest fuckin sauce" I may as well put pure capsacin on my food

Lucky Dog is great just for that reason, it has a nice wholesome body to it with a lot of flavor and it's not just pure heat.

village catamite
Apr 7, 2009
all these american hot sauces are way too over the top with the butt-death and bragging about how hot they are.

mexican sauces are tasty as poo poo and just have some dude with a sweet sombrero.

also this poo poo is the pro choice for a spicier option than tapatio.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

village catamite posted:

all these american hot sauces are way too over the top with the butt-death and bragging about how hot they are.

mexican sauces are tasty as poo poo and just have some dude with a sweet sombrero

also this poo poo is the pro choice for a spicier option than tapatio.

butt-death owns. better than europe or aus/nz where even pepper or tabasco is too spicy for them (seriously it was hell trying to find a good hot sauce over there that wasn't imported from USA)

also have fun drinking lead, i think el yucatek was one that had pretty high levels of lead in it. i do like valentino tho for a cheap option.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
none

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

psyopmonkey posted:

Get some scotch bonnets, Jalepenos, Tomatos, Garlic, and liquid smoke.

Mash it up.

Put some rice wine vinegar in there.

Add some salt to taste.

Shits not that hard folks... :colbert:

You don't even need liquid smoke, just throw the peppers and tomatoes on a cookie sheet and bake em at 400 for 25 minutes.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

The-Mole posted:

You don't even need liquid smoke, just throw the peppers and tomatoes on a cookie sheet and bake em at 400 for 25 minutes.

I dice the peppers and fry them in a pan. I like the liquid smoke because it imparts that flavor without adding the extra char/carbon that your method does.

Either way is nice though. :3:

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010

Copley Depot posted:

lol if you don't use police grade pepper spray on your food

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
hotsauce is my pet name for my gf because the first time we hosed she gave me an STI ><

E: so that being said, im a classic tabasco man

my sister got this in a gift basket type thing as a wedding gift and they gave it to me and a lot of them were p mediocre.

btw i know tabasco is boring :shrug:

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
cant find a godo hot sauce around here. i like it hot and thick. everything is vinegar and water at the local supermarkets

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

PlantRobot posted:

lol if you don't use police grade pepper spray on your food

People who put insanely hot sauces on their food that mask any other flavor have no palate.

I used to be into the "SUPER HEAT DEATH KILL SCOVILLE" bullshit. Then I stopped being 16 and learned that food should taste like something.

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

psyopmonkey posted:

People who put insanely hot sauces on their food that mask any other flavor have no palate.

I used to be into the "SUPER HEAT DEATH KILL SCOVILLE" bullshit. Then I stopped being 16 and learned that food should taste like something.

thxinfo

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
i bought that lucky dog poo poo on a tip from someone in gbs and the stuff isn't the hottest stuff i have but the flavor is on point

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.
sri... shir... the one with the rooster on the bottle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Whiskey Sours posted:

sri... shir... the one with the rooster on the bottle

:getout: