Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Couple of times last month the gates let me through without reading the card properly.

Ended up getting charged the full day fare and missing out on the 'free' day for consecutive travel.

e. how are tourists fresh off the plane supposed to get anywhere when the paper tickets are gone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ewe2 posted:

Such complication wow

I thought human shields were meant to discourage being targeted.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
What are they doing about this new cyber-terrorism threat?

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Medibank posted:

"I don't think anyone believes that we should be paying for that."

Hi, I'm the person who believes you should be paying for that.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Until we get a twitch feed, https://twitter.com/MWhitbourn is the best place for the latest ICAC hilarities.

Nice

@MWhitbourn · 26m
Owen's campaign manager Hugh Thomson told Hodges to invoice developer Saddingtons for "Consultancy on Cave Beachside"
#ICAC

@MWhitbourn · 26m
Counsel: It's a fake invoice, of course.
Hodges: Correct.
#ICAC

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

sidviscous posted:

If there's anything that this last year has taught me, it's how fundamentally flawed the concept of meritocracy is... Just how many of these uber wealthy captains of industry are actually dumb as poo poo.

Like - we all suspected it, but we seem to be reminded of it on a daily basis.

Noted captain of industry, Eric Abetz:

“Media reports that I have drawn or believe there is a link between abortion and breast cancer are incorrect”

“Dr Angela Lanfranchi’s views on this topic were not the accepted medical view”

“Dr Lanfranchi is a breast cancer surgeon and a clinical assistant professor of surgery. She is the surgical co-director of the Sanofi-Aventis Breast Care Centre and the Steeplechase Cancer Centre in New Jersey.

She has spoken at hospitals and universities around the world and she has the right to free speech in Australia.”

“I accept the AMA has a right to disagree with Dr Lanfranchi’s views.”

e.
Dr. Angela Lanfranchi is a breast surgeon and clinical assistant professor of surgery at Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Dr Lanfranchi heads up the Breast Cancer Prevention Institute. She gives a riveting presentation of the scientific proof that the pill kills women and babies, and how it does so.

CATTASTIC fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Aug 8, 2014

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Captain Pissweak posted:

tbh Finnish vodka is best anyway.

Finlandia :allears:

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
So the failure of the 18C repeal is the Muslims fault.
Cool.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"He realised after 10 minutes he was wasting time negotiating with me,” said Tasmanian PUP senator Jackie Lambie yesterday."

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Gough Suppressant posted:

Poor people don't generally drive very far in their cars because they live in the working class inner city suburbs such as brunswick, fitzrooh wait...

They're also too busy owning refrigerators.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
They have research, it just says that they're full of poo poo. So they ignore it and keep chugging on.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
If only we listened to those moderate Nazis :(

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wayne Karlen @AlaMerQld · Aug 2
Of course the fact that some of the teenagers were born In India doesn't stop @smh reporting fiction. Suggest check @australian for facts

Wayne Karlen @AlaMerQld · Aug 1
What was @smh expecting - an invite to a going away party? Another leftard beatup - read @australian for real news.

Wayne Karlen @AlaMerQld · Jul 25
Cruel is @smh pining to return to ALP open border policies that resulted in 1200+ drowning. At least @australian reports balanced views

Wayne Karlen @AlaMerQld · Jul 25
Just like @smh @clementine_ford to blame it all on men. Hypocritical - at least @australian will call a spade a spade! @AndrewBoltsBlog

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5T were crazy big into penile dermal implants too.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

How do I get a job in the welfare sector?

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bifauxnen posted:

It could work - last night when they had that beheading thing on the news, I actually heard someone say "aren't you glad the former government brought in 900,000 of them?"

That's a new one to me. Is "900,000" an actual thing or just a big scary number?

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

thatbastardken posted:

Police Polititian say a thing.

Literally the opposite thing is true.

Statement reported as credible.

I'm seeing a pattern

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Bill Shorten raped, murdered a young girl in 1990

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I dunno, it seems pretty budget conscious.

A single burning plane statue could be used for all kinds of memorials depending on the day:

MH17 memorial
F35 memorial
Australian research memorial
University student future prospects memorial
Tony Abbott approval rating memorial
Jacqui Lambie political career memorial

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sanguine posted:

Any chance of something new actually coming out of this?

Refunds are necessary when there's a risk of buying a dud from a production batch, but they seem a bit pointless when there's 0 risk of the item being defective.

I've got a few older games re-released onto steam that straight wont work with modern setups.
The dev is usually long gone, so there's no chance of a patch.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

katlington posted:

Please explain this one. Thankyou.

Gone with the Wind

Specifically:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ5ICXMC4xY

drat kids :corsair:

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Stevedore sounds like a guy tasked with sheparding your drunk mate through populated areas, making sure he doesn't get into trouble.

e. also world fukt as usual, i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

drunkill posted:

Fixed that for you.

#wow & #woah

• Locked thread