Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Ground floor!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTDiC0huVDs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I am a placeholder poster.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Am I the only person who doesn't actually mind Sarah Hanson Young? She gets appropriately cross at things that are poo poo.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Gough Suppressant posted:

Today I learnt that the ABC paid Bill Leak to paint a portrait of dead indigenous activist Charles Perkins as part of the series "Face Painting"

I thought depicting the dead like that was a big "no no" for most indigenous cultures in Australia?

Endman
May 18, 2010

Not sure about Perkins particular people and their practices re: the dead, but I don't think many people would be happy about the first indigenous australian to graduate from uni in australia being painted by the guy who made this:

Oh right. Excuse me while I uh... urrrrr.... hnnngggg... :barf:

Endman
May 18, 2010

You see, Gaza is a lot like Rorke's Drift.

But I thought Hamas wore green, not red?

Endman
May 18, 2010

Getting angry and protesting never did anything you should instead enact real change by

I'm actually shocked it worked. Something I was a part of actually worked.

I'm stunned.

Endman
May 18, 2010

adamantium|wang posted:

Jesus loving Christ

Holy loving poo poo is having these people in our country literally so bad that we'll cart them around the whole god drat Indian Ocean just to offload them onto someone else?

gently caress we're a lovely country.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Ricky seems like a decent bloke, to be honest. He doesn't deserve to be subjected to the Australian Parliament. :smith:

Endman
May 18, 2010

Oh gently caress off.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Conscience votes only work if everybody voting has one.

Endman
May 18, 2010

More than 5000 fascists are at a rally in Sydney.

The first thing I thought when I read that was "suicide vest".

You've loving broken me, Auspol.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Ahahahahahahahahaha, amazing.

Yes, the end to indigenous turmoil is to turn ancestral land into massive radioactive waste dumps. Sure. :shepface:

Endman
May 18, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

We're all gonna die

Good.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That was the whole reason they trotted hockey out on the morning shows opposite Rudd and put him on The Project regularly or made him wear a tutu and wave a wand(I think that happened but maybe it's just psychosis) , they thought he presented a human face of the reptilian overlords.

Hockey is really the most human face they could fi-

Gah!

Oh god! :cry:

Endman
May 18, 2010

Presumably the government will come out condemning Leibler Yavneh College as a breeding ground for violent religious extremists who leave Australia to fight in foreign wars. I am also assuming that the two Australian citizens injured while assisting in the murder of children will be denied re-entry to the country and have their citizenship stripped.

No but you see according to our wise and honourable PM "we are all Israelis".

Endman
May 18, 2010

The plane in the Ukraine falls mainly on the... hm...

Endman
May 18, 2010

:golfclap:

Endman
May 18, 2010

Cartoon posted:

The front page of the Telegraph has an article about biometric scanning for departing travellers. FFS this isn't necessary. It can not be a high risk if nobody has ever died from it. Even if you count 9/11 and Bali the deaths (none of which would have been prevented by this or the majority of other measures) the possibility of deaths are minuscule. More lives would be saved by enacting helmet laws for car occupants. Please make it stop.

I agree. Can we get AMU in on thi-oh wait you guys got rid of him. :(

Endman
May 18, 2010

deathofmusic posted:

''It's not what you're doing on the internet, it's the sites you're visiting, it's not the content, it's the sites that you've been,''

The site's you're visiting have nothing to do with what you're doing on the internet!

Well poo poo, I guess we'll have to continue this conversation in prison for visiting the popular terrorist and muslim dating website somethingawful dot com.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Raptorfag posts. All of Auspol goes to jail.

Endman
May 18, 2010

deathofmusic posted:

Is he wrong, incompetent, technically illiterate, stupid or intentionally confusing the debate?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/08/06/australias_metadata_debate_is_an_utter_shambles/

I'd like to lock in E: All of the above, thanks Eddie.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Amethyst posted:

I'm not interested in what races you think are scum, Gough Suppressant. You're always filling this thread with your moronically offensive caveman thoughts. You drop them all over the place like Cartoon turds in a haphazardly arranged grid.

Piss off.

:ironicat:

Endman
May 18, 2010

Fruity Gordo posted:

The only moral genocide is my genocide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-evIyrrjTTY

Endman
May 18, 2010

Jesus was an Anarcho-Capitalist who only drove on privately funded roads with roundabouts in the intersections.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Please tell me this isn't a real thing that people circulate. I mean, apart from anything else, that's not Mark 6:3 at all, no matter how dodgy the translation of your bible.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Also white man Jesus will never not look loving weird.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Ha, yeah, the public sector has never finished an infrastructure project! :smug:

*walks down public footpath adjacent to public road*

*farts*

Endman
May 18, 2010

I've heard the argument made by lolbertarians a lot that tax evasion is fine because it's the government's fault for leaving holes in the system. It's nice to know we live in a world where it's so easy to rationalise a private company completely abandoning any kind of social contract and just playing the system for shits and giggles.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Doctor Spaceman posted:

OPERATION SPICER

Looks like someone forgot to walk without rhythm.

:getin:

Endman
May 18, 2010

Sanguine posted:

Where do you think private efficiency comes from? It is entirely based around skirting the line between legal letter and social contract.

They only worked 7 hours before the power went out? Lawyers say we don't have to pay them cause they worked less than 8 hours.*

*actually happened.

They went on strike and built a barricade out of the corpses of management right?

...right? :(

Endman
May 18, 2010

Jumpingmanjim posted:

With no vodka for cruisers, millions of teenage girls (and Endman) will have no choice but to switch to goon.

Mate.

Les Affaires posted:

Maybe all you vodka-swilling idiots will finally turn to the correct white spirit:

A correct post.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Captain Pissweak posted:

You drink gin and tonic from a can mate.

I drank it from a can once to see what it was like. As expected, it was poo poo.

My normal gin is Tanqueray with a slice of cucumber. It's good!

Endman
May 18, 2010

Captain Pissweak posted:

an Endman post

God save the Queen. :colbert:

Endman
May 18, 2010

xutech posted:

What kind of fancy lives do you lead where you got drunk in your youth on anything other than goon, passionpop or VB?

The fancy life of not being a teenager any more.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Is there actually a difference between auspol gbs and auspol d&d beyond post counts getting reset monthly in one of them?

Normally D&D is actually about Australian Politics, but I think we're all a bit burnt out on how horrifyingly poo poo everything is, so we're talking about drinking instead.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Well of course the British Empire being able to steal all of Germany's African colonies was a good cause. :v:

Endman
May 18, 2010

I honestly hope the young libs keep being irredeemable shitlords. Maybe Australia will grow some loving class and gender consciousness if this poo poo keeps happening.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Anyone( edit: in a developed nation) who claims to be a leftist and eats quinoa should be shot

Only if it's not grown in Tasmania. Seriously. Buy Quinoa from Tassie because then you're not complicit in the poverty of South American communities who rely on it being cheaply available as a dietary staple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endman
May 18, 2010

Splode posted:

pretty sure using invasive data collection for your own ends is bad, and a better policy would be "We'll push for legislation to ban woolies and coles collecting all this data because it's bad for society to have huge corporations manipulating their customers into doing things they otherwise wouldn't!"

Then we'll have to abolish advertising.

Which I am all in support of.

• Locked thread