Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
The 2 fighting is like, the 2nd best thing or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

doverhog posted:

Nick Diaz beating Anderson Silva would be the greatest thing the sport has seen so far.

If he wins, I'd say he has a good shot at getting the title shot afterwards too. Because the UFC loves giving him title shots.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Anderson will tell Soares to tell Diaz that he is a worthless piece of poo poo and a loser for not owning a home and then Soares will type "Nick Diaz, you are a tough opponent and we have great respect for you and for all of the fans in Stockton" and hit send

doverhog
May 31, 2013

If he won would anyone really complain?

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

sportsgenius86 posted:

Anderson will tell Soares to tell Diaz that he is a worthless piece of poo poo and a loser for not owning a home and then Soares will type "Nick Diaz, you are a tough opponent and we have great respect for you and for all of the fans in Stockton" and hit send

If Nick tags Silva while Silva clowns around just like in Weidman/Silva 1 I will never stop laughing.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Trast posted:

If Nick tags Silva while Silva clowns around just like in Weidman/Silva 1 I will never stop laughing.

It'll be funny because the powerless punch will do nothing and then Anderson will kick Nick in his head.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
If Anderson wins the fight I hope he does so via spinning elbow.

E: also I hope the winners of this and Le/Bisping fight each other and the losers fight each other.

Lloyd Boner fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Aug 2, 2014

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

sportsgenius86 posted:

It'll be funny because the powerless punch will do nothing and then Anderson will kick Nick in his head.

I imagine the same reaction Forrest describes in his fight were he managed to tag Silva and he just looked at him like "why did you have to go and do that?"

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Trast posted:

I imagine the same reaction Forrest describes in his fight were he managed to tag Silva and he just looked at him like "why did you have to go and do that?"

Always a good time to post this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1R50LpFh_M

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Diego should've been thinking 145 a long time ago. He's always looked a bit doughy.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Diego should've been thinking

I've located the flaw in your reasoning

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

This will always be one of the best MMA related videos

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
He could get Bonnar to tell him what Asparagus is and then say YES to carrots.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

They both are coming off long layoffs, maybe Anderson is old, maybe he is scared to kick, there is some mystery there. Just enough that there's a question.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Skip My Posts posted:

Jones can't drive into it while it's in Anderson's leg

Breaking News

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
ees normal

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Breaking News

"A heavily juiced Brazilian man has been taken into custody after he was caught at the scene collecting loose toes"

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

"Like a kid trying to wrestle with his dad."

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

If he wins, I'd say he has a good shot at getting the title shot afterwards too. Because the UFC loves giving him title shots.

Speaking of participating fighters in Silva vs Diaz who have potential title shots on their mind...

"Right now, a title shot is not my priority, but if I have the credentials to fight for the title, I'll be more than glad to do it. At this point, I want to feel my legs walking and my movement. My main priority is to see how I perform."

Once I have feeling in my legs again, I would like to fight the man who caused it.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

MassRafTer posted:

Breaking News

Lmao is that actually jones' car?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

MassRafTer posted:

Breaking News

Somewhere Vitor is getting an erection and doesn't know why.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Captain Log posted:

What the flying gently caress how have I never seen this? What happened here?

Speaking of things I've never seen before, after looking up Jeremy Jackson, I googled around some more, got kinda lost, found out that Shonie "Mearion Shonie Bickhem III" Carter fought as recently as January of this year, lost by TKO (Retirement) and then - following up on weird stoppage reasons - I came across the DQ (Wouldn't get up from butt scoot) of Nick Serra.

If anyone could gif the "leg kick" at 9:03, my life would surely be complete.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Lid posted:

Somewhere Vitor is getting an erection and doesn't know why.

Probably just chalks it up to a sweet side effect to the many toxins coursing through his drug-addled veins.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

Jose Aldo has an odd take on TRT use

quote:

"I see no problem (with TRT usage). A lot of people use something and hide, then they criticize people who admittedly use. I think these are a bunch of pussies trying to find an excuse, fearing to lose fights against who's doing a good job. At one point you have an age that makes it necessary and I see no problem with TRT. I would fight who is doing TRT, who isn't, or who is using other drugs. It doesn't matter to me anyway. The same punch I'll throw in one of these guys, I'll throw in another of them. If it's allowed or not, I don't care because I'll still train and fight as I'm doing right now."

It seems that he believes that all fighters are on something, PED use is vital to counteract the effects of aging and the only question is if they're open about it or not. Aldo could be giving a brutally frank appraisal of what it takes to compete in mma, or it could be that carny thing where if you cheat/lie/steal, you perceive everone you encounter to also be a cheater/conman/thief of some stripe.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i don't care about ped's except when i do, like a couple of weeks ago

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Street Horrrsing posted:

Jose Aldo has an odd take on TRT use

It seems that he believes that all fighters are on something, PED use is vital to counteract the effects of aging and the only question is if they're open about it or not. Aldo could be giving a brutally frank appraisal of what it takes to compete in mma, or it could be that carny thing where if you cheat/lie/steal, you perceive everone you encounter to also be a cheater/conman/thief of some stripe.

well, after seeing some of the higher paid athletes in the sport (Sonnen, Vitor, Wanderlei) and even some of the lower rung (Drysdale, Bagautinov, Casey) it doesn't really seem that crazy of a thought to assume everyone is on something or another

btw I spelled Ali Bag's last name correctly without even doing a Google

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

-Atom- posted:

well, after seeing some of the higher paid athletes in the sport (Sonnen, Vitor, Wanderlei) and even some of the lower rung (Drysdale, Bagautinov, Casey) it doesn't really seem that crazy of a thought to assume everyone is on something or another

btw I spelled Ali Bag's last name correctly without even doing a Google

FWIW, Ian's straight out of his rear end guess is that about 80% of people in the UFC are on something, mostly EPO.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Just saw on twitter and it was retweeted by Carmouche herself that she's going to be Carano's first UFC fight.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Just saw on twitter and it was retweeted by Carmouche herself that she's going to be Carano's first UFC fight.

Surprised they didn't feed her straight to Ronda

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
No one cares about wmma but this nikita krylov is hella cool
http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/8/2/5961679/the-cost-of-home-nikita-krylov-perseveres-in-war-torn-ukraine

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
I wish they promoted a Bantam supershow for the Aug 30th event with TJ rematching Assuncao and the other top dudes in Barao, Faber, Cruz facing off against lower or unranked dudes not in a tournament but whoever has the most impressive performance getting the next shot. I really like this division.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Marching Powder posted:

Surprised they didn't feed her straight to Ronda

Well it's a good litmus test, if Gina can't keep Carmouche off her she's gonna get seriously hosed up against Ronda.

It's a pretty dangerous proposition for Gina though unless she really wants a tuneup fight. Carmouche presents stylistic problems for Gina and could ruin her last good MMA payday.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Remember how gary shaw set up a division especially for Carano that had no other women in it, and hed scour regional talent looking for women smaller than that weight class that he set up especially for Carano, and how Carano wouldn't make weight and her dad looked at her naked, then high fived the ref after she won

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please

Gregor Samsa posted:

FWIW, Ian's straight out of his rear end guess is that about 80% of people in the UFC are on something, mostly EPO.

Given the stakes and windows for success I think it would be a safe assumption this would be the case across all sports, if not higher.

Supposedly there's pharmaceutical companies that shop services around to sports teams with the gurantee that they won't be detected.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
It's too bad Coker tried way too much to make good fights because if they had given that title fight to Shayna Baszler or someone else instead they could've made a lot of money in that women's 145 division instead of having it get killed by Cyborg murdering fat straw weights.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
This is just the shot in the arm this boring division with no meaningful challengers needed: a girl who hasn't fought in 10 years and has never made weight

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Motherfucker

quote:

@MMA_Zombie 3m
Brandon Thatch/Jordan Mein was going to display some epic violence. Thatch injured, out of the fight.

Hope they can find someone else for Mein but that would have been a cool loving fight

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Thatch, Khabib, and Gus injured. Not been a good year for fighters I like staying fit.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/08/brando..._medium=twitter

Gruesome loving toe pic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

quote:

HE'S A BROKEN STEROID ADDICT. IF HE FIGHTS NATURAL, HE DOESN'T STAND A CHANCE AGAINST CHRIS. IF HE'S JUICED TO THE GILLS, HE'S DANGEROUS TO ANYBODY.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/8/2/5962733/ufc-kennedy-plans-to-be-ready-to-step-in-for-belfort-if-needed-trt-drug-test

Dang Tim

Also

quote:

@TankScogginsMMA 1m
News is out. I'm fighting #5 John Moraga. September 5th. Time to make a statement

Scoggins/Moraga

• Locked thread