Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Dr K8.0, I think you need to retake your human biology classes. Women are most certainly able to get to any % of fat men are.

:nws:
:nms: http://blogs.plos.org/mindthebrain/files/2014/01/anorexia-cuando-21.jpg :nws:

no ... why ... I hate the fact I have a firefox addon where I mouse over for just a millisecond and it loads the image I was trying to read the file name and sup...

Shifting gears for a second and going back to weight cutting in lieu of Gina Carano - has there been any word about her coming to the UFC at all I haven't seen anything official? Also, any recommended fights to watch of hers so we can see what potential she has? I have missed out on the majority of her career and don't know what she has done that is cool in terms of whooping rear end.

Meowbot fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Aug 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
what is happening?

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Lost For Words posted:

what is happening?

What you're seeing is exactly what happens when GSP retires from the sport and Jake Shields is let go. We used to just talk about gay bathtubs and horse jokes now it's gonna be smv, orange girls, bad squat form and breast discussions forever

This is why UFC events should never be cancelled. We would have spent today talking about how great it was watching Jose Aldo get another knockout. instead it's been this

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I am genuinely sorry PSP. I tried to ask a stupid question because I am indeed stupid. I don't know where any of this other poo poo came from though.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Dr K8.0, I think you need to retake your human biology classes. Women are most certainly able to get to any % of fat men are.

:nws:
:nms: http://blogs.plos.org/mindthebrain/files/2014/01/anorexia-cuando-21.jpg :nws:

why would you post this

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

this thread needs a nice little headkick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kyr7bpL3Q7g&t=892s

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

The video right after that is a deer kicking the poo poo out of a dog, so now i'm sad.

edit: About as sad as jon jones will be after ufc 178.

edit edit: i kid, but honestly what are the odds of cormier winning?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

canada jezus posted:

The video right after that is a deer kicking the poo poo out of a dog, so now i'm sad.

edit: About as sad as jon jones will be after ufc 178.

edit edit: i kid, but honestly what are the odds of cormier winning?

I think Cormier is the most intriguing matchup Jones could have other than Gus for obvious reasons. Cormier is a tubby little wrestle puncher who has exhibited being able to toss a bitch to the side.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

height and reach disadvantage are gonna be tough for him to overcome though

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
With luck he can fence him and grind his jones into dust and i can finally toss this jbj brick into the river

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Looking over the record Cormier is the best wrestler he's faced by far right? I mean chael is/was good but he's a fat middleweight. I heard rashad had good wrestling "for mma". I want to believe though.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

canada jezus posted:

Looking over the record Cormier is the best wrestler he's faced by far right? I mean chael is/was good but he's a fat middleweight. I heard rashad had good wrestling "for mma". I want to believe though.

From what we have seen he is levels above either. I'm actually struggling to think of anyone I've seen with such dominant wrestling in mma. GSP in his prime maybe.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

I'm really looking forward to the fight, but i'm afraid it'll be like 4 rounds of oblique kicks into a doctor stoppage.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

canada jezus posted:

Rashad's MMA wrestling is really great. Phil Davis might not be a complete MMA fighter, but Rashad just completely schooled him at wrestling, his major strength. There's also that gif of the Rampage takedown. (There's more than that but Rashad was a cool wrestler.)

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Cain might be the only guy who can really match him.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Cain is a really good wrestler but there's just this effortlessness about Cormier's wrestling. Like if he touches you, you're going down, and you're probably going to get ragdolled.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
Did Rashad even try to take Jones down or was Jones effective enough at stopping him? I only remember him going for like 2 takedowns the whole fight but I haven't watched it since so am probably wrong.

Nibbles! fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Aug 4, 2014

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Nibbles! posted:

Did Rashard even try to take Jones down or was Jones effective enough at stopping him? I only remember him going for like 2 takedowns the whole fight but I haven't watched it since so am probably wrong.

I haven't watched it in a while but I seem to remember that everytime they clinched Rashad was way more interested in avoiding elbows/knees then he was in wrestling. I don't remember who initiated the clinch though. Jones pulled guard at the very end because why the gently caress not.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
A whiny TNA fan on twitter was asking why pro wrestling gets lumped together with MMA when MMA cannot provide the spectacle, promos, drama and in ring action of pro wrestling. I could only thing of one piece of evidence to refute him:

PRIDE 2003 MIDDLEWEIGHT GP OPENING CEREMONY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ubR4dwL5WA

Wrestlemania can't provide that kind of spectacle. Bless you PRIDE, bless you MMA.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Pride was really cool but in retrospect a lot of it was really dumb.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Cormier being a lesser Cain means he's likely to be Jones' biggest test so far, in my opinion. I think you have to make Bones favourite based on everything we've seen him do in the past, but him wrestling him and controlling him on the mat for the majority of the fight wouldn't be surprising to me.
If I had to hash out a prototype for beating Jones, a wrestling prodigy coming down from the heavies is the archetype I'd pick and that's what Cormier is. Cain would definitely splatter Jones all over the octagon, but I think Cormier can get the W in this fight.

Gourd of Taste
Sep 11, 2006

by Ralp

Nibbles! posted:

Did Rashad even try to take Jones down or was Jones effective enough at stopping him? I only remember him going for like 2 takedowns the whole fight but I haven't watched it since so am probably wrong.

rashad went on and on about how he was a better wrestler than jones and he'd outwrestled jones in practice and then decided to 'mix it up' by getting punched and kicked for an entire fight

i don't know how much of what he said was true or applicable but

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

As far as actual odds Jon Jones is only a -165 favorite in the DC fight. These are the lowest odds he's had as champion and the lowest since he was an underdog against Stephan Bonnar at UFC 94.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
Cormier Hulk Hogan body slammed Josh Barnett. Jones is not going to win by outwrestling him. I see this going a lot like Jones vs. Rashad, but maybe I'm underestimating Cormier's ability to close the distance.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
DC is a good wrestler but he's also a short fat guy who mostly fights baristias so let's not go crazy here.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

DC is a good wrestler but he's also a short fat guy who mostly fights baristias so let's not go crazy here.

but Jones has a bad history when it comes to running into round things

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Speaking of baristas, Cummins said he'd like a fight with Rumble because he thinks he can "weather the storm" and test Johnson's cardio (Which I didn't think was an issue in the Phil Davis fight, but whatever, Cummins ain't too bright)

Also:

Khabib Nurmagomedov posted:

"There are fighters in America who can drink on Friday and Saturday. After an event I saw it myself in the hotel. 80-percent of them are already drunk. Not the champs, but middle-of-the-pack guys, guys like one win, two losses. A couple of times they called me with them to the club. I told them I'm a Muslim. And they were like 'Come on, we know two Muslims and they visit the clubs with us all the time!' I have tried to explain them, that a Muslim is not ideal, but Islam is. Alcohol and girls stand in a way of an athlete, they spoil him and make him weak."

I know Cerrone is better than 1-2, but this seems like he's talking about Cerrone (Except Donald doesn't seem like a club kinda guy)

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

LobsterMobster posted:

I know Cerrone is better than 1-2, but this seems like he's talking about Cerrone (Except Donald doesn't seem like a club kinda guy)

He's probably talking about a lot of guys. Most fighters tend to party very hard.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Sprecherscrow posted:

Cormier Hulk Hogan body slammed Josh Barnett. Jones is not going to win by outwrestling him. I see this going a lot like Jones vs. Rashad, but maybe I'm underestimating Cormier's ability to close the distance.

For review:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
At least Jesus lets you read x-men comics and still win

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
cormier doesnt fight like cain at all. you guys are crazy

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Bundt Cake posted:

cormier doesnt fight like cain at all. you guys are crazy

Conor McGregor doesn't fight like Cain at all. Cormier fights like Cain a bit.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Gregor Samsa posted:

He's probably talking about a lot of guys. Most fighters tend to party very hard.

I think most top level ones don't. Very hard to party during training camp.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
So apparently the NSAC is currently trying to block Chael from competing at Metamoris. They're threatening to fine him $250k for competing while suspended. :what:

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Lol they have absolutely no jurisdiction over a grappling event held in California.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Count Roland posted:

I think most top level ones don't. Very hard to party during training camp.

Jon Jones is a top level guy and he drinks and drives cars all the time.

canoshiz posted:

So apparently the NSAC is currently trying to block Chael from competing at Metamoris. They're threatening to fine him $250k for competing while suspended. :what:

5 days before the event? That's pretty scummy of them even if they have no power to do anything.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
he must've skipped Best Friends Sleepover Night. they braided Vitor's hair

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Is it safe to say that probably wouldn't have happened if they didn't get their hilarious little tree-house meeting beamed across the country via fightpass to be made fun of mercilessly?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

if anyone is going to listen to a compelling argument regarding process surely it's California

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Kabab Nuramegahoff posted:

Girls and alcohol are bad for shirtless men in tight shorts fighting in a cage

Khabib and Michael McDonald will show the world Islam and Christianity can flourish together through their shared disdain for partying in favor of worship

• Locked thread