Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
So I've recently come into acquisition of an old Smith-Cummings T.84 Shuttlecraft, and it's the "B" model so it has a hyperdrive, problem is the sublight engines are underpowered and I have no use for a hyperdrive as all my trade routes are in system.

Does anyone have a spare ZT839 so I can convert the hyperdrive power to up-boost the sublight engines?

Bear in mind I need the 839, as the 840 or the 900 are too large the ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
Wow, I was just about to sell mine. I know they go fast but if you want to put a down payment (man something measly like $5000 all I'm saying) I'll hold it for you and we can work out the details, pm me for paypal

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Only 5,0000 credits? Is this a scam post?

Ante Christ
May 8, 2007
Sorry all I have is this IBM 5100 computer. Will that do? I heard the circuit boards can be used in a pinch to repair space-time drives.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

this is dumb

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Do you accept bitcoins?

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Looking for original thread

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

Crow_Rodeo posted:

Only 5,0000 credits? Is this a scam post?

No , just 5000 ... credits, remember its just to hold it, and remember to use paypal to transfer credits so we're both protected

edit: remember to send as gift, otherwise import taxes...

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

how many margaritas per minute queerbo

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
Hello intergalactic space police just fyi I'm going to bomb the space councils galactic headquarters this saturday at 13:30 GMT

yes this is a written threat

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
lol you loving idiot, you need a new antimatter conversion gasket and a new particle-tube harness or you may as well sell it for scrap and get a space-miata

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
sorry op id rather push a weyland-yutani than pilot a smith-cummings

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

Seen this thread before and it wasn't funny then either

Paco de Suave
Sep 13, 2004
photographs of the best time you had
window smudged by the speed

Sound posted:

Jailbrekr
Apr 8, 2002
A TOWN LEVELED BY AN EXPLOSION? DOZENS LIKELY KILLED? OH GOD LET ME SEE THAT SWEET VIDEO OH MY GOD I'M CUMMING
:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:

Sound posted:

And yet you felt compelled to post in this thread.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

a worthy uhh posted:

this is dumb

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Carol Pizzamom posted:

lol you loving idiot, you need a new antimatter conversion gasket and a new particle-tube harness or you may as well sell it for scrap and get a space-miata

Like I didn't already know this? Let me guess, you're still flying a Lubbock Systems 600 series freighter?

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
the pinnacle of gbs 1.0 humor

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Sound posted:

cool

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

is a 'cool' a spaceship part

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

a worthy uhh posted:

is a 'cool' a spaceship part

you should make a thread

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Crow_Rodeo posted:

you should make a thread

misery loves company right

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
I don't have a spare ZT839, but have you ever considered swapping the whole hyperdrive out for one of these babies

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
I'd probably just overfeed it.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
If you can figure out the right formula, it will feed itself

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Wow, would you believe it, I actually do have a spare ZT839. It's in pretty condition, it has a tiny bit of cosmetic damage

it's like new, never been dropped, or traveled through space.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

this is the google image result for "ZT839" i found your prom dress for you, OP

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Yes that would work

never seen again
Jan 25, 2008

Crow_Rodeo posted:

So I've recently come into acquisition of an old Smith-Cummings T.84 Shuttlecraft, and it's the "B" model so it has a hyperdrive, problem is the sublight engines are underpowered and I have no use for a hyperdrive as all my trade routes are in system.

Does anyone have a spare ZT839 so I can convert the hyperdrive power to up-boost the sublight engines?

Bear in mind I need the 839, as the 840 or the 900 are too large the ship.

Smith-Cummings was a transport firm run by fuckwit design engineers and you're dumb for buying one. Even you pirated it you're going to be making GBS threads credits trying to keep the mistake floating.

Instead of making gimmicky underpowered ship variants (the notorious "B" groupset) SC could have spent the same amount of time and brainpower designing elegant reliable ships with appropriate rated power supply systems (see pretty much anything in the Yawazaaki catalogue). Do yourself a favor, scrap that shitpile and pinch your credits you can afford something that will do the job right. It's always cheaper in the long run to invest in quality.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Big Beef City posted:

Gay vulcans with big space dicks that gently caress and suck constantly forever at maximum warp

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Qvindtar posted:

Smith-Cummings was a transport firm run by fuckwit design engineers and you're dumb for buying one. Even you pirated it you're going to be making GBS threads credits trying to keep the mistake floating.

Instead of making gimmicky underpowered ship variants (the notorious "B" groupset) SC could have spent the same amount of time and brainpower designing elegant reliable ships with appropriate rated power supply systems (see pretty much anything in the Yawazaaki catalogue). Do yourself a favor, scrap that shitpile and pinch your credits you can afford something that will do the job right. It's always cheaper in the long run to invest in quality.
Oh look, it's one of those Yawazaaki fanboys. :jerkbag:

The entire Yawazaaki catalog is completely overrated. I'll admit that some of ships look good, but there is a reason they're winning awards for their looks, and not for their performance. They are energy guzzlers, with appliances that you aren't going to use. Nobody even knows how to use the holographic star-mapper, and yet anytime you see someone in a Yawazaaki, they've got it running in the background, wasting energy. Just buy a disco ball instead.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Haha yeah gbs used to be funny

SanitysEdge
Jul 28, 2005

Qvindtar posted:

Their transports are garbage but the ZT-839 is a fine exotic matter generator. Your best off buying a shuttle with an intact ZT-839 and scrapping the rest, you can either send the whole thing to the scrap yard or use the exotic matter generated by the ZT-839 to make your own reactor to melt the scrap down. Its more work but its cheaper in the long run, plus you end up with a awesome heater which is vital in space. I recommend you read up on Alcubierre Drive to figure out how to align the ZT-839 in a larger hyperdrive assembly (exotic matter is required to bend space-time upwards). After that the rest of the ship is just a air-tight can with whatever electronic doo-dads you can stuff into it for navigation. With a home-built ship everyone will think youre a bad-rear end.

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Ante Christ posted:

Sorry all I have is this IBM 5100 computer.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
You drat kids and your faster than light travel.

Back when I was still in the Jovian Armada we just popped ourselves into stasis if we had to make a hop away from Sol.

There isn't any sleep like the kind you get in a GractorTube, you just settle in and it feels like seconds later and you're there. Fat Al and I once carried on a argument on both ends of the trip to Rigel VII, drat hard headed dumb rear end really thought I'd forget about him borrowing my socks?

Sure it wasn't great when you came home and your best girl looked 15 years older but you only thought you had been gone for a couple months, but there's always some young cute thing looking to see what we JA boys were all about. Pretty sure I slept with a woman and her granddaughter in the span of what I thought was about two years.

Not that I wouldn't go for that now, but lately it seems all I can get are the grannies when they're old.

Anyway, the point is that the taxes you're gonna pay on that new ZT839 are gonna be going to that corrupt Z'aal fucker we have as the space president. I don't think I fought space bats and star bandits just so someone like him could let in all his proto-plasma friends and have them take all our jobs.

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
LOL if you buy outer colony parts. Those colonies produce the worst parts because they only have so much to work with. They don't even have the right minerals to synthesize parts correctly.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Can you even get these parts any more, ever since...HILLARY CLINTON CAME INTO OFFICE????

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Anyone know where I can get some power converters?
I was gonna pick some up at Tosche Station, but instead ended up have tons of wacky adventures in space.
Years later, I still haven't managed to get some god drat power converters.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
This is a formal admission of guilt. I solemnly swear everything written here is true. Know that I am responsible for these heinous acts of white noise and shitposting perpetrated against the community of GBS 1.4. My accomplices are FYAD, BYOB, and Adolf Hitler. We alone are to blame. Perhaps our worst sin is you will get no justice. For now, we all share the same sentence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgNaevSzeYs

• Locked thread