Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Godholio posted:

Somebody's gonna end up with a new Mustang/Camaro by the end of the next page.

Maybe. Depends on my bonus this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

even the lowest end mustang has traction & stability control

Somebody fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Aug 8, 2014

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
damnit i was going to post this in hdis drunk thread but THAT loving PIG GASSED IT so here

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Most public universities run in the red the entire time by design. Obviously any sort of private institution does not, unless they want their accreditation bought by UoP one year.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

HDI's thread was some taxi cab confessions poo poo

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.
This in state tuition thing is dumb imo. I suppose it matters if you're after a grad degree, but if you're some scrub that just got free why not do a year or two at the local community college, get residency, and transfer to big boy school? You'll likely qualify for a full pell grant your first year and community college tuition is like forty bucks. The GI Bill and the yellow ribbon program are already insanely good, I really don't think veterans need more "benefits" on top of that. Most vets I know are lovely people, at some point the general public is going to realize this and be like "why the gently caress are we giving these shitheads all this cool stuff?"

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
then we can just lay the guilt trip of "protecting are freedoms" and they'll all go, "well, better them than some trailer trash welfare queen getting our tax dollars" and never realize the connection.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

RichieHimself posted:

This in state tuition thing is dumb imo. I suppose it matters if you're after a grad degree, but if you're some scrub that just got free why not do a year or two at the local community college, get residency, and transfer to big boy school? You'll likely qualify for a full pell grant your first year and community college tuition is like forty bucks. The GI Bill and the yellow ribbon program are already insanely good, I really don't think veterans need more "benefits" on top of that. Most vets I know are lovely people, at some point the general public is going to realize this and be like "why the gently caress are we giving these shitheads all this cool stuff?"

If I hadn't set myself up to get instate tuition before I started up school, I'd be on the hook for around 9k a semester because I would have capped GI bill and you don't get pell grants as a grad student. I do agree with the attend a CC sentiment, though.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
CC isn't so loaded with yoga pants.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Would Brigham Young University have a strong yoga pants scene?

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Godholio posted:

CC isn't so loaded with yoga pants.

Correction CC is loaded with yoga pants that you wish could be unseen.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

tuluk posted:

Correction CC is loaded with yoga pants that you wish could be unseen.

Yeah, I was going to say. Just as many yoga pants in community college, but filled with the bloated shapeless butts of the American poor.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

RichieHimself posted:

This, if you aren't riding the yellow ribbon gravy train at some stupidly expensive private school which is in a zipcode which pays stupidly expensive BAH then you aren't playing this game right.

edit: also you don't necessarily need to go to CC first, I managed to get into a pretty good school by the skin of my teeth, but there were another couple of lower tier private schools that were ready to take me despite my atrocious record from my youth just on the basis of ~life experiances~ if you can get an interview and talk a good game.

Jarmak fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Aug 8, 2014

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
Lol wow I was loving blitzed :megaman:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Helldump Immunity. posted:

Lol wow I was loving blitzed :megaman:

it was a good thread tbqh

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

holocaust bloopers posted:

Mormon chicks wear some tight clothes. It's showing skin they don't do. I'd assume the yoga pants are in full effect there.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

it was a good thread tbqh

ty man just drunk realtalk :)

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Link?

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3656389&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post433261413

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
ty baby

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I doubt it, but I'm not making the 2 hr drive to see. I'm not even sure exactly where the campus is, I've only driven through that area on the interstate. I'd expect a lot of knee length+ skirts and pants.

Edit: HDI that was a great loving thread.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Aug 8, 2014

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

took day off so this is for the gipper :911:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Good post, EBB.

My internship people sent out a company-wide email telling us interns to take the day off due to "lack of work so no reason to show up."

Hell yea, civ life.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

RichieHimself posted:

I'm pretty sure the biggest reason this is being done is to save the Fed some cash. The GI Bill doesn't cost as much money as people think but it's still a lot of money. Also a lot of vets come from lovely places with bad schools, if they have the chance to after they get out, why not let them go somewhere better? The cost of education is retarded in the US, it's nice that at least one someone is able to get a degree without being tens of thousands of dollars in debt afterwards.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Have this hanging on the wall above my work desk.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Just watched Blue Ruin. Super low budget, probably wasn't in theaters. Real good.

Just watch it. Not a feel good movie by any means, though, so consider this a trigger warning.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Ninja Turtles was pretty good all things considered.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'm waiting for Guardians of the Galaxy to start.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Now I know I'm "that guy" already because I asked for a cup of coffee at the movie theatre, but in my defense it was a menu item. I ordered and waited over 15 minutes today for the group of employees and a manager to collectively figure out how to run a commercial drip coffee dispenser.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Mr. Nice! posted:

Now I know I'm "that guy" already because I asked for a cup of coffee at the movie theatre, but in my defense it was a menu item. I ordered and waited over 15 minutes today for the group of employees and a manager to collectively figure out how to run a commercial drip coffee dispenser.

Who the gently caress buys coffee at a movie theater

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Who the gently caress buys coffee at a movie theater

Why does a cop post in the vet thread? :iiam:

But seriously coffee during a movie would be good. I think most of us are well past that age where sitting there with a big gulp and jumbo popcorn is appetizing. Hell a black frappe would be drat good, greek diner near me makes them to go.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I'm waiting for Guardians of the Galaxy to start.

Jealous. I actually want to go see it again, and I don't know what the last movie was that I can say that about.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I spent 7 years in the navy. I need a big black cup in me from time to time just to feel normal.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Mr. Nice! posted:

I don't think old people like you could drink a coffee and then make it through an entire movie without having to piss. Also I'm surprised the manager just didn't say "Oh we're out of coffee/it's broken". That's what every minimum wage place does whenever anyone orders anything that takes longer than three seconds to get.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Mr. Nice! posted:

I spent 7 years in the navy. I need a big black cup in me from time to time just to feel normal.

MORE LIKE A BIG BLACK DICK human being

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Why does a cop post in the vet thread? :iiam:

But seriously coffee during a movie would be good. I think most of us are well past that age where sitting there with a big gulp and jumbo popcorn is appetizing. Hell a black frappe would be drat good, greek diner near me makes them to go.

rather have a pitcher of beer :tutbutt:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I wish someone had just told me it was broke rather than make me wait over 15 minutes for their smallest cup of coffee. Had I known it would be such a loving hassle I would have got something different.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

gleep gloop posted:

You say potato I say potato.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

gleep gloop posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

rather have a pitcher of beer :tutbutt:

They have a bar in this theatre, but I didn't notice it until after I waited forever for my coffee and was already late to the film.

• Locked thread