Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vasudus
May 30, 2003

holocaust bloopers posted:

I am personally thankful for your service because of that story you shared about the idiot who got bit by a cat.

thinking about that story still makes me laugh even though it was like 8 years ago

easily one of favorite military moments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I am personally thankful for your service because of that story you shared about the idiot who got bit by a cat.

Kinky.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Vasudus posted:

thinking about that story still makes me laugh even though it was like 8 years ago

easily one of favorite military moments

I like the one where you guys almost invaded Syria

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Vasudus' time in is the closest we'll ever get to a real-life Stripes.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Booblord Zagats posted:

I like the one where you guys almost invaded Syria

this is why you don't let a company sized element do 100% of the operations and planning of an AO designed for a battalion

one lieutenant is the only level of oversight and quality control

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Vasudus posted:

this is why you don't let a company sized element do 100% of the operations and planning of an AO designed for a battalion

one lieutenant is the only level of oversight and quality control

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Vasudus' time in is the closest we'll ever get to a real-life Stripes.

Didn't he also tell a story about one time on a range in Korea where they almost blew someone up Sgt Hulka style?

Except less "haha, those ridiculous scamps blew him off a tower and put him in a full body cast for months" and more "holy poo poo you almost just killed us all you loving idiot."

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Yea. I think that's one of his stories.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Donut Eating Agency

Donut Eaters Association

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Aug 6, 2014

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

The Lard Ranger and Sidekicks.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

tuluk posted:

The Lard Ranger and Sidekicks.

RIP right ankle.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Seriously man stop helldumping Godholio it's not cool.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Helldump Immunity. posted:

lol

not pale enough

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
The Yankees welcome: Twerk Mansion

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Even at my post-separation peak (and there was one, believe me), not even close.

He's only a smidge fatter than the O-5 MCC I was making fun of in another thread though.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Got creeped on by a super weird, chunky, fedora-wearing chick on the sardine-packed train tonight who saw my KIA bracelet and then got all nasal heavy breathing in my face and complimented my hands and asked for hugs and poo poo.

Gonna go to the ER to get checked for ebola. If you don't hear from me in a week, call in the nukes because New York is lost.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

JDAMS CURE PASHTUN posted:

Got creeped on by a super weird, chunky, fedora-wearing chick on the sardine-packed train tonight who saw my KIA bracelet and then got all nasal heavy breathing in my face and complimented my hands and asked for hugs and poo poo.

Gonna go to the ER to get checked for ebola. If you don't hear from me in a week, call in the nukes because New York is lost.

hahahahaahaah

did you feel shame at the half chub you got?

you should because it was probably a tranny

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
Congrats on the new spank bank material

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
haha. kfff that's your own drat fault, everyone knows mil poo poo is just bait for great white whales. may as well change your name to Ishmael and start tooling around with an overly relaxed redskin that happens to be awesome at harpooning those whales.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
spongebob you still in tenn? I'll be driving though there in about a month. let's hang out and make some weird decisions~~

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Just hit the Louisiana border at Shreveport on my way back to Georgia from Vegas. Love road trips, especially "I don't work for the air force anymore" road trips.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Did this get posted already?

http://time.com/money/3071607/veterans-public-college-tuition-instate-bill/

Congress passed a bill forcing all public universities to offer in-state tuition to vets.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
That's bad rear end.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Laughing at all the assholes wringing their hands about "dropping university revenues."

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

spongebob you still in tenn? I'll be driving though there in about a month. let's hang out and make some weird decisions~~

yep, still in memphrika.

if you swing through at the right time maybe ol' tonto whitefish (shim) will be down and the terrible decisions can have a better narrator.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Professor Bling posted:

Laughing at all the assholes wringing their hands about "dropping university revenues."

What good university makes money off tuition?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

That's awesome, but for me it's too little too late. I would have started school as soon as I got out, instead I had to work for 2 years to get in-state tuition rates.

Well, technically I only had to work 1, but that was a sweet job I didn't want to leave.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

gleep gloop posted:

What good university makes money off tuition?

One of the primary means of generating revenue is tuition.

Virginia Tech Financial Report posted:

Major operating activity sources of
cash for the university included student
tuition and fees ($337.8 million), grants
and contracts revenue ($258.9 mil-
lion) and auxiliary enterprise revenues
($206.6 million).

Your school probably publishes a financial report that would state the same.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Poor rear end public universities.

vains
May 26, 2004

gleep gloop posted:

Poor rear end public universities.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Are you trying to imply that brown is a good school? Brown and Dartmouth both lost prestige because of The Office.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Emma Watson is the only person who matters that ever went to Brown.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

tuition + fees is their largest single revenue stream, but the majority of their revenue comes from elsewhere according to that graphic, meaning they make their money elsewhere since tuition and fees is probably mostly going to overhead anyway

vains
May 26, 2004

krispykremessuck posted:

tuition + fees is their largest single revenue stream, but the majority of their revenue comes from elsewhere according to that graphic, meaning they make their money elsewhere since tuition and fees is probably mostly going to overhead anyway

Right. Tuition/fees is not an insignificant portion of any schools revenue stream. Even Harvard reveived 20% of their revenue from tuition. What this doesn't show is Harvard's net assets increased $3 billion from endowments in this calender year. However, that $3bil doesn't get counted in the statement of cash flows because it isn't a business activity or something like that. Accounting is boring and arcane.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

Right. Tuition/fees is not an insignificant portion of any schools revenue stream. Even Harvard reveived 20% of their revenue from tuition. What this doesn't show is Harvard's net assets increased $3 billion from endowments in this calender year. However, that $3bil doesn't get counted in the statement of cash flows because it isn't a business activity or something like that. Accounting is boring and arcane.

cash endowments usually are meant to buy property or build something so they're recorded as assets (usually) and assets aren't revenue

that balance sheet is weird as gently caress

edit: but accounting isn't what I do so that's probably why

krispykremessuck fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Aug 8, 2014

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Enlisted dudes try to outmath major universities ITT.

Somebody's gonna end up with a new Mustang/Camaro by the end of the next page.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

only if i get to get in on this

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Godholio posted:

Somebody's gonna end up with a new Mustang/Camaro by the end of the next page.
Definitely go for the V6. Throw several thousand into a turbo kit, and you're making the same HP as the V8 without the higher insurance premium. :smuggo:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Get an automatic, too, because otherwise you're just gonna burn out the clutch or munch your synchros in no time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Make sure it's a convertible too, the loss of what little handling it has is nothing compared to the freedom of the ~open air~

• Locked thread