Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

And that godawful Tim & Eric stuff...I don't know how that took off at all.

stoners

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

gleep gloop posted:

How do you even get denied SS?

ask old dog child if his dishonorable discharge effects his SS benefits.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

one e-3 in my unit pissed hot for weed and got booted asap.
..that guy got extra hosed because he was a enlistment for citizenship/permanent green card guy.
this happened in 2000, however, and was done by our new company commander who was cleaning house.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

holocaust bloopers posted:

Yea. I think that's one of his stories.

The Lard Ranger and Sidekicks.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Godholio posted:

CC isn't so loaded with yoga pants.

Correction CC is loaded with yoga pants that you wish could be unseen.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

meowlins, any news you can relate about your staph infection/VA issues?
because right now I'm seeing you as being wrapped up in bandages like a mummy at a bar while leering at tits and yoga pants rear end.
...and scaring everyone else in the bar as they hope you're not contagious.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

thankfully this all happened during school hours so no neighborhood kids got to see me behaving badly.

isn't this still the summer break for schools, or is that just for the north-eastern states?

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

looking forward to the new season of the league coming up.
mainly so I can finally watch the Raft and Dirty Randy episode with amazon prime.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

lethal weapon 5 episode beats everything else for me.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Fucitol posted:

Can we make it mandatory to string up every hosed up cop by their toes a la this most recent shooting in MO? This is less about #Justice4Trayvon and more about me not hearing every chuckle gently caress's opinion about the situation as if their voice mattered.

This recent shooting thing has caused every dumb social outlet to turn into some mindless chatter about "Well, yes ACAB, but when you said that looting is bad you are playing into the hands of every victim blaming trope that's been pushed out there."

gently caress me, nobody cares about the opinion of some dude in Illinois because he also has feelings about cops.

It's a race to see who can out-SJW each other, and the best way of ending that poo poo is by getting rid of the root cause: cops (or degrees in tumblr-ology).

3rd solution: stop visiting dumb social outlets and don't read/listen to any of that bullshit.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

welcome to the real world.
no one cares that you served in the military, especially the VA.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

mambo italiano posted:

I don't see how i relate to this blue squares.

No way we're the first people in history wanting to bang our house mate and I'm not claiming pimp status.

I just really like where my life is right now.

thought you were another Literally shaking/spongebob post and got confused.
no avatar people blur together.

sleep schedules + jet lag can be a fucker.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

See a doctor for your migraines. You have the time and it's affecting your ability to function, so why not?

also stupid poo poo like sleep masks do wonders for light-sensitivy related migraines.
don't get the crappy travellers sleep masks that walmart stocks,
you wanna go full 'sperg and get one that blocks out as much light as possible.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

recommend me some good long range rifle ranges in the pacific northwest.
long range as in 500+ yards

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

you have any range names or going the edgy "----" all hipsters route?

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

well I was going to build a 1/1000 scale space elevator for you but you can forget about it buddy :mad:

i was asking a serious question, thought I'd get a serious answer.
it's cool AB. a scale space elevator would be pretty cool to see pics of.

anyway my stepbrother was talking about getting a M1 garand, and long distance shooting on the east coast, his enthusiasm got me interested.
I haven't done real long distance rifle shooting in a long rear end time, so have no idea what long distance ranges exist on the west coast.

anyway after m1 garand talk, he started talking about shotgun wax slugs and how he'd experimented with them.
apparently modifying herters super spreader shotgun shells is really worth it...something about the hull herter shotgun shells use acting like fins....making for a super stabilized wax slug shot.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

thanks man.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

I'm used to crochety old fucks & private gun clubs.

When I lived in CT, I was in a trap/skeet shooting club for 5 yrs and the average member age was 56 yrs old. A few cool dudes were there, and a few dickbags. One of the cool guys was a retired benelli gunsmith who would mod out shotguns for a price. my trap shotgun(remington 870 trap) got a nice adjustable stock butt & adjustable cheekrest from that retired gunsmith.

my stepbrother buys guns differently than I have, he gets a ton of ammo first, then goes for the gun.
he's trying to use the Civilian Marksman Program to get his M1 garand.

e: and thanks for all the range recommendations. I would have responded faster, but my internet connection has been spotty the past few days, 90% sure the router is dying.

quantumfoam fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Aug 27, 2014

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

i think my stepbrother is gonna be ok with whatever he gets.
he's not looking for a collectible, he just wants a reliable n accurate m1 garand.

.22 shortage: wanna say it's supply and demand in action. not many firearm ammo places made .22 rounds, and it was always a pretty thin profit margin. new DEA regulations hit about 2 yrs ago which required ammunition makers to retool their lines or get hit with massive taxes.
most of the .22 ammunition makers decided to ramp down production or shutdown completely in response.

i know of 3 different .22 types...not counting the .22 magnums/hornets.
.22 short, .22 long, .22 cb

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Godholio posted:

drat, that site is depressing now. Everything else is sold out and never coming back. And nothing newer than the M1 will be surplussed off through CMP, unless that becomes a thing for pistols which I doubt.

If you're serious about getting the firearms forever out-of-stock at CMP website, you need to check newspapers religiously for estate sales involving firearms...and have enough free time & spending $$$ to attend those estate sales.

quantumfoam fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Aug 27, 2014

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Obama Africanus posted:

Remember when whats his face out-caro'd caro in PM's on one of his alts, it was loving weird watching him become lucid in response to deliberate insane.

He had moments.

honeyboy bradley or double r guy?

e: or are you...talking about YOURSELF?
:stare:

quantumfoam fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Aug 27, 2014

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Fun thing about the NY SAFE act is that I have no idea if I'm allowed to possess firearms anymore because there are no instructions to check if you got flagged for mental health reasons.

cool poo poo like gun trusts exist....and might be helpful in your situation.
ie, the firearms are legally owned by the gun trusts you setup, and you determine which people have legal rights to use/handle the firearms in the gun trusts.
one of my old coworkers setup a gun trust strictly so he could go full sperg with AR-15's & other stuff.

e:
still waiting to see your 1/1000 scale model space elevator in KSP.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

gently caress people

I want 40 acres in the middle of nowhere with a mountain view in remote anywhere Colorado.

i own a log cabin on 40 acres of land in northern bumfuck maine, if you feel tennessee life is too fast paced for you.
google houlton maine....my place is 20-30 miles due south of houlton me.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

it's an area where pizza hut* is considered fine dining.
potato farming, lumber, and fish & game tourism are what keeps that area of maine alive.

*pizza hut & mcdonalds are the only big-name restaurants there.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

houlton me + areas north:
it's so white there, the people running the chinese restaurants are the only minorities I've seen in the area for about....oh 20 years now.

maine has 2.5 kinda alive areas.
portland maine: vacation spot, ll bean headquarters
bar harbour maine: biggest vacation spot in maine
bangor maine: University of Maine location, Stephen King hunting ground(literally if you're a minivan driver)

quantumfoam fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Aug 28, 2014

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

Portland is decriminalized for weed too, right? How does it affect the rest of the state?

honestly: no idea whats the deal in portland maine.
I'd usually just drive past it, or be cursing at the constant road construction taking place between portland me & the new hampshire border.
even driving 70+, going anywhere in maine is a long & boring drive.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

old news but the "crime against nature" charge makes it :stare:.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/13/showbiz/sons-of-guns-will-hayden-arrest/index.html

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

i followed cnn's link to the sherrif website and he did the aatrek thing.
released, then rearrested on 8/27 for aggravated rape charges.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

coming fall 2014 red blooded americans vs godless heathens take 3

2 seconds later finnish sniper fire killed both the beard & the bear.
the finnish sniper was searched for but never caught.

also those guys are assholes for ruining a thompson

agreed. wondering what other reality show is gonna crater next.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

the dad farm posted:

the VA treat us like garbage because its how they were taught lmbo

I'll say it again:
The VA is skilcraft for medicine.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

or do what I did and find an awesome VA in the middle of nowhere and just start going there.

do this.
2 of my uncles live in bumfuck northern NY, and are vietnam era veterans with medical issues.
Instead of hitting their local VA hospital, they drive 300 miles one way to a VA hospital in Newington CT, strictly because the VA doctors & treatment staff are 10x better in CT.

quantumfoam fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Aug 30, 2014

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

you need to find out if the VA hospitals & doctors by the big kentucky distilleries are any good with the medical issues you have.
if they are, it would be pretty easy to whip together a roadtrip gang to share the driving/gas costs.
so while you visit the VA, and do your thing, they spend their time drunk off their asses, and visiting those distilleries, and/or shooting at that knob creek gun range that allows just about anything below mobile artillery to be fired.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

does gip still need monthly threads for everything except drunk thread?
seems pointless.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

dude, you seem insanely angry all the time.
anything wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

cool news mr nice!

never had meds overnighted to me, so I hope nothing gets delayed with labor day.

• Locked thread