Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

RichieHimself posted:

This in state tuition thing is dumb imo. I suppose it matters if you're after a grad degree, but if you're some scrub that just got free why not do a year or two at the local community college, get residency, and transfer to big boy school? You'll likely qualify for a full pell grant your first year and community college tuition is like forty bucks. The GI Bill and the yellow ribbon program are already insanely good, I really don't think veterans need more "benefits" on top of that. Most vets I know are lovely people, at some point the general public is going to realize this and be like "why the gently caress are we giving these shitheads all this cool stuff?"

This, if you aren't riding the yellow ribbon gravy train at some stupidly expensive private school which is in a zipcode which pays stupidly expensive BAH then you aren't playing this game right.

edit: also you don't necessarily need to go to CC first, I managed to get into a pretty good school by the skin of my teeth, but there were another couple of lower tier private schools that were ready to take me despite my atrocious record from my youth just on the basis of ~life experiances~ if you can get an interview and talk a good game.

Jarmak fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Aug 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread