Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Shims Lullaby posted:

When I was a young man
My mother looked at me
She said little Shimmy
Just what ya gonna be?

I said it loud I said it proud
I will be a worthless vet momma Shim.
I'll be there with a flag, bad credit, and a touch of the 'tism.

Why 'o why would you be a vet?

To tell you all about the freedoms you should be glad to have
Because I tore into paperwork and waded guts deep in powerpoint benders
Just so you goddamn hippys can tumblr and fluid up your confusing genders

Why 'o why would you fight in the wars

Because daddy didn't make a coward, and public education didn't make a genius
Because momma didn't raise a pussy, and my guidance counselor was a Phoenix
Because Yellowcake isn't always covered in frosting, and Cheney's are hard to calm

When 'o when did you lose your faith

The day a suspected kenyan muslim usurped the constitution of the United States of America, and carpet bagged his toothy sinewy silver back of a wife, their portugese dog, and two little chimpanzees into the whitest house to ever be built by the coloreds. And you just know every goddamn trip to the middle east he makes on Air Force is a re-make of Soul Plane.

Discuss your current events here folks, if you are a D&D human being looking to win the internet here, keep in mind we don't have strict debating and discussing rules, and in fact- we like to call foreign leaders, victims of genocide, and most of the nepalese faggots. But that doesn't mean that just because we're emotionally, mentally, and physically broken specimens of what an unjust set of wars creates, we can't talk current events.

It just means we're probably going to cheer the death of Hamas militants, and likely not mourn for even a second the passing of future Hamas militants, dormant hamas militants, young hamas militants, possible elderly female hamas militants, and anyone that looks like they make pretty good lamb on a stick of some kind when they're not being oppressed into eating rats and praying for death.

I'm sure not everyone here is literally cheering the decimation of the Gazan population (God I wish we could get up into decimation numbers, but we'll take what we can get) but if you aren't, understand that some of us are and in the spirit of acceptance and openness we'd like to see a distinct lack of shaming for anyone who's pro muzzie killing. Everyone's opinions on the pro'ness of muzzie killing is equal and valid here.

Now onto the real meat of the Jewish Thunderdome (Sponsored by Jewish Thunderbird, Manishewitz Blackberry Wine)

TAKING ALL BETS ON HOW LONG THIS 72 HOUR CEASE FIRE HOLDS

Starting the bet with me at 8 hours.

I have 8 hours, who wants in on the action?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
lol @ everything

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'd honestly be surprised if it lasts a day at this point.

krispykremessuck posted:

lol @ everything

Also this.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

before this thread is closed cuz of dnd drop baby faggots?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

before this thread is closed cuz of dnd drop baby faggots?

yes

krispykremessuck posted:

lol @ everything

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

krispykremessuck posted:

lol @ everything

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

really appreciate the op bud especially since I also share your hatred of most nepalese people

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

:golfclap:

Great thread A+.

July let us down with no warm nuclear glow, here's hoping August doesn't disappoint!

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Obama Africanus posted:

Now onto the real meat of the Jewish Thunderdome (Sponsored by Jewish Thunderbird, Manishewitz Blackberry Wine)

TAKING ALL BETS ON HOW LONG THIS 72 HOUR CEASE FIRE HOLDS

Starting the bet with me at 8 hours.

I have 8 hours, who wants in on the action?

It starts at 8am, right? I give it until sun down.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Mr. Nice! posted:

It's what, the fourth ceasefire this war? Fifth?

quote:

02:17 IDF to continue ‘defensive’ operations, says Kerry
Israel will keep up “defensive” operations against tunnels during a 72-hour truce in Gaza, US Secretary of State John Kerry said Friday.

Kerry, announcing the ceasefire deal in the early morning on a visit to India, said Israel and Hamas will “cease all offensive military activities and neither side will advance beyond its current locations.”

“Israel will be able to continue its defensive operations for those tunnels that are behind its lines, and the Palestinians will be able to receive food, medicine and additional humanitarian assistance as well as to be able to tend to their wounded,” the top US diplomat told reporters.

Nice of Kerry to admit it's Ok for the Israelis to blow up Hamas tunnels in Israel

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Mad Dragon posted:

It starts at 8am, right? I give it until sun down.

8 AM local, so 12 minutes

Hamas usually fires the morning salvo around 11, I guess they like to sleep in

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Snowdens Secret posted:

Nice of Kerry to admit it's Ok for the Israelis to blow up Hamas tunnels in Israel

really it's all israel. serves em right for bein on their land before htye got there

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Snowdens Secret posted:

8 AM local, so 12 minutes

Hamas usually fires the morning salvo around 11, I guess they like to sleep in
Yeah, I was talking their local time.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

krispykremessuck posted:

really appreciate the op bud especially since I also share your hatred of most nepalese people

same

was fully sick when everest owned a ton of those ungrateful muds a couple months back

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
It really is all Israel's for the taking.

Honestly the Jews are literally saints in this war compared to what the most kids gloves of all U.S. Operations would be. There'd be 16 MQ-9 orbits over Gaza all times and the only areas we wouldn't bomb or shell would be within 300 feet if the coast.

Let Uncle Sam show you how to get rid of dirty dark people harassing you from the west. We are goddamn amazing at it.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Obama Africanus posted:

It really is all Israel's for the taking.

Honestly the Jews are literally saints in this war compared to what the most kids gloves of all U.S. Operations would be. There'd be 16 MQ-9 orbits over Gaza all times and the only areas we wouldn't bomb or shell would be within 300 feet if the coast.

Let Uncle Sam show you how to get rid of dirty dark people harassing you from the west. We are goddamn amazing at it.

300 feet of coast? We'd kick all of the tourists out of the Iowa so that she could level a city one last time.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Zeroisanumber posted:

300 feet of coast? We'd kick all of the tourists out of the Iowa so that she could level a city one last time.

I support this plan.

Also, I give the ceasefire 2 hrs.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Gonna effortpost for just a bit as I wade through the nonsense of this Huffpo article. Basically the guy is lamenting that the Sauds are on the Israeli side, yielding gems like this:

quote:

Hardly was the ink dry on this official news release, when Prince Turki al-Faisal, Bin Nawaf's predecessor as UK ambassador, former intelligence chief and the brother of the current foreign minister wrote in al-Sharq al-Awast that Hamas was to blame for firing rockets and for refusing to accept Egypt's ceasefire plan (which would have disarmed them). This is Israel's and Egypt's view too.

So which is it? Does the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia support Palestinians in their resistance to the occupation? Or does it support the siege manned by Israel and Egypt, until Gaza is demilitarized?

Now that sure looks like a Western white boy insisting that it's somehow incorrect to say Hamas is to blame for firing rockets, and that somehow we're all better off with Hamas, armed, firing rockets. Also he seems dang sure that to 'support Palestinians' you must support that Hamas, armed, firing rockets. Even the Sauds aren't dense enough to put that in print.

quote:

The carnage in Gaza at least gives the world clear sight of the protagonists. The wonder of it is that all are American allies, three have US bases on their soil and a fourth is a member of Nato. America's problems in the Middle East are more to do with their sworn allies than their sworn enemies.

On one side, stands Israel, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, United Arab Emirates and Jordan. They consider themselves the voice of reason and moderation, but their methods are violent -- the military coup in Egypt and the attack on Gaza have all happened in the space of 12 months. On the other, stands Turkey, Qatar, the Muslim Brotherhood and its affiliate Hamas.

If you had any doubt, this guy wants us with the latter

quote:

The proof of all those secret Saudi-Israeli meetings is to be seen in the behavior of Egypt. It is impossible to believe that its new president Abdel Fattah al Sisi could act towards Hamas in Gaza independently of his paymasters in Riyadh. He who pays the piper -- $5 billion after the coup, $20 billion now -- calls the tune.

Sisi sees Hamas entirely through the prism of the Muslim Brotherhood he deposed last year. Hamas is villified in the lickspittle Egyptian press as the enemy of Egypt. A trickle of aid has been allowed through the border crossing at Rafah, and it is sporadically opened to a few thousand wounded Palestinians. The Israeli Army is not alone in blowing up Hamas' tunnels. The Egyptian army announced recently they had blown up 13 more, a deed which earned them the title of being "a sincere neighbor" of Israel. Sisi is content to let Hamas and Gaza take a hammering, and make no efforts to get a ceasefire. The last initiative was not even negotiated with Hamas.

Mubarak made a similar miscalculation during the 2006 incursion into Lebanon, supporting an operation which he believed would cripple Hezbollah. In the end he was forced to send his son Gamal to Beirut to express Egypt's support for the Lebanese people. Both the kingdom and Sisi know that dropping the Palestinian card is a risky business.

Saudi Arabia is treading a fine line. According to my sources, Netanyahu's rejection of Kerry's peace initiative over the weekend was due in part to the full support of its Arab allies. Saudi Arabia's active support is keeping this brutal war going.

This guy loves slathering the truth in the weirdest BS. Of course Sisi views the Pally wing of the MB he, you know, led a coup against as as much an enemy as the main branch. Also, they're loving terrorists, and they've been bombing poo poo in Sinai when he really needs Sinai resort tourist money (including Israeli.) The peace accords with Egypt require they blow up smuggling tunnels, which, you know, bring in Fajr rockets and such, so yeah, I could see following accords as a sign of "sincerity."

And yes, I'm sure Sisi makes sure he gets along with the Sauds to justify his lavish allowance, just as the Egyptian MB did when Qatar was basically funding their entire national budget. I'm sure Mr Hearst cries that US money doesn't buy enough blind obedience from Israel (Mustang, in response to your repeated reference, that money comes from those treaties to keep the Suez open and calm, so the West gets its oil, which is why Egypt also gets so much, and why as long as Israel doesn't blast through Sinai again, it's living up to the bargain.) And of course that weird Mubarak-based threat; Hearst, like a lot of far-lefties, cannot grasp that the Mideast of 2014 is a very different place from '06, and certainly nothing like the 2nd Intifada era.

Here's the deal: Egypt wants to squash the MB, and Israel chumping Hamas helps them do that; Sisi may not be the most charming chap but he's got much better things to do than threaten Israel. The Sauds' worries are the Iran bomb, the Iran bomb, and the Iran proxy state in Iraq, in roughly that order (maybe a few more 'Iran bomb' steps in there). And lo and behold the only people in the neighborhood who realistically threaten that bomb are the Israelis, who, again, are pounding on a MB proxy, which benefits the Sauds as they play their secondary power game against the Qataris. Jordan is knee deep in its own Pally problem (being, you know, the original Palestinian homeland) and now has the loving Islamic State on its east border to deal with; again, only regional ally worth a poo poo, Israelis. Syria is a bit predisposed. None of them have any interest whatsoever in mobilizing their armies against their own self interest. One final degree of separation, Erdogan has his little side feud with Sisi, so jumping on the Hamas side is a part of that, although he can only go so far, because he also wants those sweet sweet tourist shekels. If these were equations, you could factor Israel out of it entirely, exposing how Western obsession with the I/P problem is so counterproductive.

This also goes to show how unbelievably hosed a job Kerry has done. By so blatantly jumping up to the Hamas / Qatar / Turkey side, he reinforces the Egyptian perception that the administration is reflexively pro-MB - again, Sisi sucks, but he's not the MB, and making his rule better requires leverage that bungling moves like this ensure we won't have. Saudi Arabia is still pissed that we just gave the Iranians a bye on the nuke talks - hell, they're pissed that we lifted sanctions and are having nuke talks in the first place, because they're not stupid - and this makes us look like we're sucking up to both Iran and Qatar, triggering Saud twice.

Kerry quite blatantly also snubbed Abu Mazen and the PA, dealing with Hamas separately for most of this event. Now he's a worthless sack of rear end, but maintaining the farce that he can negotiate as a representative of all Palestinians (or even anyone outside Ramallah) was vital to Kerry's peace push just a few weeks earlier, and now that's blown to smithereens. I honestly don't know what's going to happen to Abbas, but if I were him I'd be looking at some nice apartments on the Rive Gauche near Arafat's widow. For that matter, the Israeli left doesn't know what's going to happen to him - and they've deeply, deeply invested in the same farce, which means they're possibly toast too (in a much more politcal, non-violent way), thus why they're so fuming at Kerry right now. Generously, it got so bad that Obama had to scream at Netanyahu to try to save Kerry's face - and then Obama got blown off, and got his bitchy call leaked to the Israeli press to boot. (As one deputy minister of somethingerother quipped, Obama's views on Gaza don't mean much, since none of the terror tunnels come up through the White House lawn.)

It's such an unbelievable shitshow Kerry will likely be persona non grata in a lot of Mideast diplo chambers for a good while; one wonders if Kerry should put in his resignation to try to give the administration an opportunity to step back, or if Obama's personal intervention blew that opportunity, or if anyone at State isn't so overly focused on them danged Israelis to even realize the damage.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

some D&D human being posted:

Senate Republicans blocked a stand alone bill to give Israel $225 million for their iron dome because debt.

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/07/senate-blocks-israel-aid-109617.html?cmpid=sf#ixzz396FEycLD

Huh, go figure.

Not shocking yet not expected.

Snowden, uh- are the senate Republicans now openly hostile to Israel?

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
There isn't such a thing as a coherent U.S. Foreign policy, and I don't know that we've had one since I was in underoos watching school house rock.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Obama Africanus posted:

Snowden, uh- are the senate Republicans now openly hostile to Israel?

quote:

After Senate Republicans blocked Democrats’ $2.7 billion border aid package, which also included $225 million for Israel’s Iron Dome missile defense system

Three guesses what else was in there. Probably want to leave that issue to the D&Ders

Senate Repubs are trying to split the bill off from the immigration stuff. The House passed Iron Dome funding last week (separate from immigration, because that poo poo's getting kiboshed.)

Although if you're that worried, you can fund Iron Dome directly.

E: Just to be clear, I'm sure they're trying to gently caress it up backwards somehow, especially in the Senate the Repubs operate basically under the same rules as that Duffelblog Kerry article

Snowdens Secret fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Aug 1, 2014

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Doubleposting before bed: I forgot to mention one last fuckup of Kerry's, that awful trick with the FAA shutting down flights to Ben-Gurion just before he presented his assed up ceasefire plan, claiming one rocket that Iron Dome deliberately passed on because it was falling in empty nowhere made it too unsafe to fly. The whole point of Iron Dome, beyond saving Israeli lives, was to ensure some reasonably continuity of civilian life despite the rocketeers on the borders; that includes economic activity like tourism through BG. If even Iron Dome can't keep FAA from pulling the plug, that means no Israeli politician (left or right) will ever be able to give up a square inch of land in any kind of peace deal if a rocket launched from there could reach a high-value asset. That was a real loving blunder from someone hoping to get settlements pulled back. And any future casual rocketing must be addressed far more quickly and harshly than if Iron Dome was trusted.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

So the FAA temporarily blocks flights to a war zone less than a week after being criticized for allowing flights over a war zone in which a passenger jet was shot down, and somehow they're some kind of beacon of antisemitism or part of a conspiracy by the administration to force a ceasefire. Got it.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Obama Africanus posted:

Death 71, target is 20 MAMs, 2xGBU-12, OKM (Operation Kill Muslims) ROE, cleared hot

*Blows a school*

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

iyaayas01 posted:

Death 71, target is 20 MAMs, 2xGBU-12, OKM (Operation Kill Muslims) ROE, cleared hot

*Blows a school*

Years of training and weapons development and we can still only blow up one school at a time...

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Zeroisanumber posted:

Years of training and weapons development and we can still only blow up one school at a time...

Hahaha.

Do you have any idea how many JDAM's a single B-2 can spit out? It's an insane number.

The 509th bomb wing, in a single massive sortie, could make Dresden look like a fireworks show, and they could do it in one single sweep across "Palestine." And I'm not even talking about them opening up the seals on the fun nukes.

There is literally a USAF O-6 with the power and technology at his disposal to eradicate an entire almost people with precision, and for what amounts to the cost of the jet fuel, since the bombs were long ago paid for.

The population densities, and the overwhelming amount of munitions we could bring to bear on that target area would make for the single largest loss of life since I played with magnifying glasses to burn ants. You know, because no real people would be killed in such an operation. But an awful lot of eyesore real estate will be given some bargain basement demo for when Israel decides to Flip gaza for a tidy profit in the next real estate boom.

Once you've started apartheid, or really any brutal oppression and crack down you pretty much do have to take it all the way or it will come back to gently caress you. There are no half measures once you've stolen a persons dignity and subjugated them-- you're going to have to loving kill these people. There aren't enough payments or concessions in the world to bring about an understanding. At this point, Israel's only choice is to make sure that Hamas, and the dumb shits that vote for them, see that their only way out is assimilation and a complete and utter repudiation of everything they stand for and believe. Also a life of sincere subjugation and third class status in a system of only one class.

And if they can't do that, they're welcome to try and fight a war, but they'll lose. And they will lose spectacularly.

It's as simple as that. It really is. Don't get me wrong, on some weird level I sympathize with the non combatants in Gaza, but thems the breaks folks. You were born in what some idiots call Palestine, and your fellow "Palestinians" are a bunch of goddamn assholes who vote for Hamas. Congrats, you're going to die, and it's gonna suck.

Maybe these stupid loving Muslim pieces of poo poo should have been a little nicer when they got their new neighbors after the wars, but no- no they shot for the moon and landed in the stars of david. And it's been a bad time for those stupid loving 'rabs ever since.

Nothing makes me happier than seeing Americanized Israeli's hitting the mall and watching bombing campaigns from rooftops and getting drunk to the site of a genocide. This is probably very hard for a lot of people to understand, but it's got to be cathartic as all hell to see someone else on the other side of a fence getting killed arbitrarily for reasons of religion and ethnicity for a change.

Like I said, this whole goddamn thing isn't going to be over until the last hamas militant breathes deeply of the Zyklon B over in the camp showers.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Zeroisanumber posted:

Yeah I was just applying Shim's remark about 16 MQ-9 CAPs...so really take my comment and take it x16, also factor in the 4xHellfires each of them would be carrying.

Of course if we step outside the MQ-9 mold...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjoMQRUWEe8

That's 80 schools blown up in one bombing pass. And we have 21 20 B-2s. And this is a permissive environment so throw in another 64 Bones and 76 BUFFs.

e: And that's just using conventional weapons, also not including the Navy so if we include the squids throw in a shitload of TLAMs just for funsies.

We can bring an insane amount of firepower to bear when we really want to.

iyaayas01 fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Aug 1, 2014

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
:siren: THE CEASE FIRE IS OVER BOTH SIDES BROKE IT :siren:

thank the gods!

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Supposedly Hamassed broke the cease-fire and kidnapped at least one IDF solider during the firing.

EFB

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

The cease fire didn't even last two hours :laffo:

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Goddamn I love the IP conflict.

Wonder if I could use the right of return and get an ISR gig with the IDF?

You know those loving conscripts are clown acts, particularly the reserves. Just peep Hamas playing capture the flag with rando IDF outposts.

I wonder if they'd let me get a Star of David Eotech sight.... How sick would that be?

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Whip Slagcheek posted:

The cease fire didn't even last two hours :laffo:

About an hour and a half, or two hours five minutes, depending on if you count the kidnap attack or the first Hamas rockets hitting Sderot.

psydude posted:

So the FAA temporarily blocks flights to a war zone less than a week after being criticized for allowing flights over a war zone in which a passenger jet was shot down, and somehow they're some kind of beacon of antisemitism or part of a conspiracy by the administration to force a ceasefire. Got it.

Well, the administration stubbornly insisted it could not possibly restore access to the airport, and then the Israelis told Kerry to stuff it, and then miraculously the FAA thought the Israeli skies were safe again like a day later. Perhaps it was extremely bad timing? Why do you think they restored access? Has the FAA... gone rogue?

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Obama Africanus posted:

Goddamn I love the IP conflict.

Wonder if I could use the right of return and get an ISR gig with the IDF?

You and snowdens secret need to break down the right of return for us gentiles.
I understand the basic concept, but that's it.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
I was making a joke. This son of Abraham renounced his Israeli citizenship in front of a state department official so he could get a Top Secret Clearance and enlist.

Frankly I'm a-okay with this, because Israel loving sucks compared to America. In every possible loving way, I might add. There's a reason more Jews live here than there.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Not even two whole hours. I didn't think it would last a day, let alone 3, but to not even make it to lunch is just nuts.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Nuke israel, nuke the middle east, enjoy the view from the east coast.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
It looks like it's happening guys!!!!!!

The captured officer is a dual Israeli Brit citizen who happens to be the Israeli defense ministers cousin.

We may finally see mushroom clouds cleanse away the filth, brothers. Glory be, the day may be coming!!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Hitler's only fault was not going far enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC6UPadpcqY

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

someone in D&D posted:

Holy poo poo. Some reports circulating around that the kidnapped soldier may be related to Ya'alon.

http://www.channel4.com/news/gaza-israeli-soldier-british-captured-hamas-ceasefire

Edit:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

illrepute
Dec 30, 2009

by XyloJW

Ynet has an article running showing this guy as one of five killed by mortar fire, not captured.

• Locked thread