Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

When Bully Ray put her through a table, it unlocked vistas of pleasure and pain in her mind that Dixie never knew existed...

<ridiculously long Dixie fanfic goes here>

Fifty Shades of Impact

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

RZApublican posted:

Fifty Shades of Impact

The Tablebound Heart.

Actually if you think about it, Hellraiser is basically about TNA. You can access a dimension of pure horror and sick pleasures, it can only be found by the curious and the damned, and the whole thing is run by a weird surgical nightmare of a person with a completely offkilter sense of what constitutes good and bad, right and wrong.

"WE HAVE SUCH SIGHTS TO SHOW YOU..."

(pops a 1.2 rating)

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFmw1DL2lu4

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

you know how there is a never-ending stream of insanity from WCW and people occasionally remember forgotten ridiculous, poo poo that happened during it's worst times (i:e bird poo poo logo)?

this "boss through a table thing" will be TNA's version of that in ten years. nobody will want to believe it got this bad.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

WeaponX posted:

you know how there is a never-ending stream of insanity from WCW and people occasionally remember forgotten ridiculous, poo poo that happened during it's worst times (i:e bird poo poo logo)?

this "boss through a table thing" will be TNA's version of that in ten years. nobody will want to believe it got this bad.

they lied about employing vince russo despite the fact that he's vince russo

anything is possible

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

dsriggs posted:

Sooo... why would Dixie, of all people, tweet this?

Wow, based on analysis of the broken edges, that table would have had a giant hole in the middle to begin with. That's a big :eng99: fail for TNA :cripes:

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

Wow, based on analysis of the broken edges, that table would have had a giant hole in the middle to begin with. That's a big :eng99: fail for TNA :cripes:

I know FYAD is about Irony but you guys can't like TNA.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Oh poo poo - TAJIRI is debuting at the NY tapings tonight.

Someone tell him not to do it! He's too good for this

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People
I dunno, he is an aging ECW original who floundered in the WWE midcard for years. He'd fit right in with Bully Ray, Devon, Rhino and Tommy Dreamer.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I hope Tajiri brings all his Norwegian wrestle buddies with him, too.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

he's just bringin them some waffle house

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Dixie's Twitter profile:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

What even is that graphic? It looks like an ice cream sandwich.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

hahahahahahhaha it's a photo of one of those action figure tables

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
That looks like a toy wrestling action figure table.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Think about it: Dixie could save the company with "National TNA Gives Everyone an Ice Cream Sandwich Day"

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Think about it: Dixie could save the company with "National TNA Gives Everyone an Ice Cream Sandwich Day"

Not gonna lie if Sanada showed up right now with an ICS I'd watch every episode of TNA until they died.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Angular Landbury posted:

Actually if you think about it, Hellraiser is basically about TNA. You can access a dimension of pure horror and sick pleasures, it can only be found by the curious and the damned, and the whole thing is run by a weird surgical nightmare of a person with a completely offkilter sense of what constitutes good and bad, right and wrong.

Turns out the convoluted rules for their matches are the Lament Configuration. If you figure out how to win, Dixie pops out of your TV and drags you off the Impact Zone.

quote:

Not gonna lie if Sanada showed up right now with an ICS I'd watch every episode of TNA until they died.

Two shows for an ice cream sandwich seems like a good deal.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Zack_Gochuck posted:

I dunno, he is an aging ECW original who floundered in the WWE midcard for years. He'd fit right in with Bully Ray, Devon, Rhino and Tommy Dreamer.
The difference is Tajiri's knees still work last I checked.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
He's still better in the ring than all of those clowns. Just like 15 years ago.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

coconono posted:

I hope Tajiri brings all his Norwegian wrestle buddies with him, too.
Wait, what? Is it Bjørn Karlsen and those guys from NWF? Jesus Christ!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lodin posted:

Wait, what? Is it Bjørn Karlsen and those guys from NWF? Jesus Christ!

I'm wrong it was Finland.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Majalahti

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

Is that this guy? Because this guy is cool https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHaipwcEtv8

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Tajiri is a two-time FCF (Fight Club Finland) Finnish Heavyweight Champion. And that's probably my favorite wrestling-related thing ever, because nothing about it sounds real.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

flashy_mcflash posted:

What even is that graphic? It looks like an ice cream sandwich.

They're trying to attract CM Punk with ice cream bars.

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

quote:

Tajiri is a two-time FCF (Fight Club Finland) Finnish Heavyweight Champion. And that's probably my favorite wrestling-related thing ever, because nothing about it sounds real.

Fight Club Finland is the realest https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRRp1jCxsks

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People

BGrifter posted:

They're trying to attract CM Punk with ice cream bars.

I know this is tongue in cheek, but if TNA signed Punk tomorrow, he'd be meaningless in a month. Kurt Angle and Jeff Hardy were both super-hot when TNA signed them and look at them now.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Whenever anyone leaves WWE for TNA, most people just assume that they've retired from wrestling.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Heyman actually said that in his recent interview with Ariel Halwani. He listed a lot of people who went to TNA...and whose presence never mattered in the end in terms of establishing TNA's own identity.

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People
I think the problem is WWE as a brand is a bigger draw than any individual wrestler right now, so no guy, even John Cena or Daniel Bryan, is going to magically turn a company like TNA around. TNA has to turn their brand into a draw and build guys off that, but we've been over this a gazillion times before. The sad thing is it really seemed like it might happen with the knockouts for a while, but that got nipped in the butt pretty quick.

Zack_Gochuck fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Aug 5, 2014

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Samoa Joe :smith:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

This TNAsylum-er gets it.

quote:

MickeiKnight • a day ago
Is it me or does that graphic look like two fudge cookies instead of a broken table. Put Dixie through a table, then dunk them all in a glass of milk. LOL

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Zack_Gochuck posted:

The sad thing is it really seemed like it might happen with the knockouts for a while, but they got nipped in the butt pretty quick.

I made this more wrestling business-appropriate because you know it happened.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
Kinda digging Mike Tenay's new album.

http://miketenay.bandcamp.com/

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Angular Landbury posted:

Kinda digging Mike Tenay's new album.

http://miketenay.bandcamp.com/

Both of these would make goods avatars.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

RZApublican posted:

Both of these would make goods avatars.

The first one is great because when you close your eyes you can still see it, and then when you go to sleep it's in your dreams whispering to you.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Zack_Gochuck posted:

I think the problem is WWE as a brand is a bigger draw than any individual wrestler right now, so no guy, even John Cena or Daniel Bryan, is going to magically turn a company like TNA around. TNA has to turn their brand into a draw and build guys off that, but we've been over this a gazillion times before. The sad thing is it really seemed like it might happen with the knockouts for a while, but that got nipped in the butt pretty quick.

That's one thing WWE has succeeded at, establishing their brand as something that must be watched no matter how awful the product is. That's something TNA could never do, or no promotion really, can do. WWE's been around for so long that fans are just willing to go along with anything WWE puts on screen just as long as there's the hope that there might be one good match or segment. TNA never understood that you first have to build that kind of loyalty before you can start coasting on any goodwill that's been built up.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
File this under "Yeah, whatever", from one of my NYC based Facebook friends:

"So I walked out to get some lunch today at work, and since I work next to Manhattan Center, I spy 3 trucks on 35th street with Ryder markings on them. Looking a little closer, I see a piece of paper taped to the doors: 'Property of TNA entertainment'.

"So, all of TNA fits in 3 Ryder trucks. Not sure if that's sad or funny."

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Aug 5, 2014

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 40 days!
WWE has been incredibly successful in making their brand name synonymous with "pro wrestling" to the rest of the world (getting people to call wrestling "sports entertainment" has been less successful in that regard, though). It even survived the name change from WWF to WWE.

I don't think that even WCW, at the peak of their success during the Monday Night Wars, ever managed to truly shake that association for people. TNA never even had a chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Davros1 posted:

That's one thing WWE has succeeded at, establishing their brand as something that must be watched no matter how awful the product is. That's something TNA could never do, or no promotion really, can do. WWE's been around for so long that fans are just willing to go along with anything WWE puts on screen just as long as there's the hope that there might be one good match or segment. TNA never understood that you first have to build that kind of loyalty before you can start coasting on any goodwill that's been built up.

Slight correction: TNA had that kind of loyalty too early and from people too loyal for anyone's good. Not for nothing is 1.1 still a running joke, TNA just had a small number of hardcore fans fall into their lap and that gave them delusions of grandeur they still couldn't be arsed to follow up on.

• Locked thread