Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Bortles?
This poll is closed.
Bort 93 21.63%
Bortle'd 107 24.88%
Bo 29 6.74%
Shad Borkhan 40 9.30%
Jaxson de Bort 161 37.44%
Total: 430 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Alter Ego posted:

This line of thought requires him to play a full season and do OK because he's surrounded by a shitload of offensive talent, and the Patriots offense now is nowhere NEAR what it was in 2008.

I hated the Garoppolo pick, but I'll reserve judgment until I've seen him play.

His trade value will rise dramatically if Hoyer looks good in Cleveland.

If the "Brady understudy" brand of 2nd-stringer-turned-starter develops a head of steam, then the Patriots found the formula for amassing a mountain of picks before Brady retires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

please rename thread to Bortle Combat

that's reserved for the jaguars tnf gdt sorry

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Chilichimp posted:

His trade value will rise dramatically if Hoyer looks good in Cleveland.

If the "Brady understudy" brand of 2nd-stringer-turned-starter develops a head of steam, then the Patriots found the formula for amassing a mountain of picks before Brady retires.

That's an interesting school of thought and I wonder if it pans out.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

It is meant to be:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLyaqxpZ5-I

If the Jags don't at least ONCE use this song to bring the troops through the tunnel and substitute the fighter names for the starters... I'm going to be legit disappointed in Khan.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

The Shannahans like to micromanage you say?

quote:

Kyle Shanahan stood on a balcony and timed Griffin’s Wednesday news conferences; if the meeting surpassed 10 minutes, the coordinator complained to Wyllie, the team’s communications director. Requests for one-on-one interviews were declined even if Griffin was willing, and if a reporter wandered too close to Griffin’s locker, it was common for Wyllie to interrupt the chat.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Is the fake gamboling game site up? I need to make fake bets on fake games.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Elephanthead posted:

Is the fake gamboling game site up? I need to make fake bets on fake games.

https://saseliminator.com/

It is, but doesn't seem to have the HoF game up for some reason.

Now that I log in I can't figure out how to get to the preseason. Hopefully the guy who runs it will show up and start a thread soon.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Aug 1, 2014

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

https://saseliminator.com/

It is, but doesn't seem to have the HoF game up for some reason.

Now that I log in I can't figure out how to get to the preseason. Hopefully the guy who runs it will show up and start a thread soon.

It is August so all the TFF regulars are arising from their summer-long slumber.

Er, hopefully anyway.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

Jags TNF GDT pretty much has to be Teal With It

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
If Bortles becomes a hall of famer people will make human sacrifices in his name. He will have become Quetzalbortle.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
When does Hard Knocks come back? First episode should be soonish right?

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Should be on Tuesday.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Relentlessboredomm posted:

This Tuesday I think (8/5)

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

pigdog posted:

Should be on Tuesday.

Azhais posted:

This Tuesday I think (8/5)

Word, thanks. I'm glad my cable got turned on this week then.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Day one of August and we already have a thread title for this year's Super Bowl.
Say now, let's be realistic.

Next year's Super Bowl.

LockHeart
Apr 8, 2005

I'll make Coach Haribo proud!

A.o.D. posted:

If Bortles becomes a hall of famer people will make human sacrifices in his name. He will have become Quetzalbortle.

Lord Beelzebortle

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

LockHeart posted:

Lord Beelzebortle

Voldebort?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I wish his name was Jake Jortles

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Aug 1, 2014

defiantgiant
Oct 17, 2004

YOU ARE RIDICULOUS now please stop running backward all the time kthx
He took his Bortle sword in hand:
Long time the manxome foe he sought

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i'm gonna hit the bortle hard if my team loses to him.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
At this point I feel like all Bortles chat should be redirected to the Farthouse.

defiantgiant posted:

He took his Bortle sword in hand:
Long time the manxome foe he sought

Or in some cases the Library of Congress.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Spoeank posted:

Their Thursday night game isn't until a week before Christmas, so who knows if Bort will run the league with an iron fist by then

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Spoeank posted:

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

The best thing about Bortles will be that he caused the Jags to get rid of Gabbert who will be the new starter for the 49ers by the end of the year.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

The voters for the Pro Bowl/All-Pro at the time didn't seem to feel that way about Guy. I mean he did well in that respect but not any better than say Lechler, and the threshold for a special teamer making the Hall should be absolutely bonkers. Also we can be pretty aware of the statistical feats that have already happened, so I don't think Peterson or Calvin are in any danger in that respect.

Dan Reeves wasn't that good of an owner. Guy didn't get in based entirely on his merit, although he was an amazing punter. He got in because he invented the modern punt based on using hang time to allow coverage units to get to the returner so he has no space. The HoF views players who changed the game like that differently than anyone else.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Volkerball posted:

Dan Reeves wasn't that good of an owner.

I thought this was a typo and you meant coach before looking it up and was horrified that Dan Reeves the coach was in the hall of fame.

As to this conversation the other Dan Reeves probably doesn't deserve to be in any more than Jan Stenerud does, so I view Ray Guy as a bad but consistent selection.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

best thread title in a long time

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

commy gun posted:

The Shannahans like to micromanage you say?

Jesus Christ, good riddance you prune come to life. If this is how bad they got with standard press conferences, I'm actually a little more convinced that Jim Fassel wasn't 100% the god-awful defense.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So this happened.

http://www.patriots.com/media-center/videos/Robert-Kraft-Ty-Law-bust-a-move/0d50ea2a-cd10-4985-91c4-aa25e9ced2e8

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Here I was hoping it was a video of Brady playing CB trying to cover Gronk (which also happened)

bondster
May 6, 2007

For the record I will be observing the Texans preseason closely as it will be a battle for the starting QB job with... Ryan Fitzpatrick, Case Keenum, and Tom loving Savage...

:suicide:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Azhais posted:

Here I was hoping it was a video of Brady playing CB trying to cover Gronk (which also happened)

20,000 people at that goddamned practice, I better see at least one loving video of this.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

bondster posted:

For the record I will be observing the Texans preseason closely as it will be a battle for the starting QB job with... Ryan Fitzpatrick, Case Keenum, and Tom loving Savage...

There is no way that team is going to get to even seven wins.

Money. In. The. Bank.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Gerund posted:

Money. In. The. Bank.

All part of their master plan to get Winston in the first round.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Gerund posted:

Money. In. The. Bank.

Possibly the first team to win a game by scoring only safeties.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

bondster posted:

I am cautiously optimistic about the whole thing. :getin:

EDIT: Seriously though, if Foster is healthy and Blue/Brown play well, we could win a lot of games with a ball-control offense and smothering defense. We have an incredibly easy schedule.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lets all be real here. The Titans are winning the AFC South with a 7-9 record

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

bondster posted:

Texans finish 8-8 behind Gunslinger Case Keenum and make it to the playoffs and beat the Bengals once again.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Metapod posted:

Lets all be real here. The Titans are winning the AFC South with a 7-9 record
The inevitable carcass of Andrew Luck will always drag the Colts to the playoffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Gabbert threw more TDs than interceptions in 2011 and 2012, showed substantial improvement from 2011 to 2012, and did it on a horrible Jacksonville team. He will be a serviceable backup on a San Francisco team that has more than two players anyone has ever heard of.

• Locked thread