Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Goons in Platoons › September '14 Police Lounge: I should have been a teacher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesoldier
Aug 15, 2004

Seek not greatness, but instead truth, and you shall find both.
DUI: Well I managed this place until it closed down, so they bumped me to the other store and just have me serve.
Me: Oh that sucks
DUI: No it's better, I make like $70,000 a year with tips

More like I should have been a restaurant server

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Thesoldier posted:

More like I should have been a restaurant server

there's still time

SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007
Got old money, could buy a dinosaur
Got word today that a week short of 4 years since I got injured my disability retirement is approved. Today is a good loving day.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

SrgMagnum posted:

Got word today that a week short of 4 years since I got injured my disability retirement is approved. Today is a good loving day.

Smoke weed everyday

SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Smoke weed everyday

Well if you insist. Gonna start brewing beer with a boat cop buddy and buy a big rear end piece of land.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

SrgMagnum posted:

Well if you insist. Gonna start brewing beer with a boat cop buddy and buy a big rear end piece of land.

grow weed everyday

SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007

beanieson posted:

grow weed everyday

I hear stuff like that is mighty legal a bit farther north of where I am now. Land is beautiful and cheap too. You guys are pretty smart.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

SrgMagnum posted:

How'd you get hurt?

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Obama Africanus posted:

How'd you get hurt?

Rotator cuff injury from beating a minority with a baton.

SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007

Obama Africanus posted:

How'd you get hurt?

Recovering a floater working a patrol boat. lovely conditions and a bad lift. In the whole medical process afterwards I got diagnosed with PTSD and told I wasn't going back.

ProTip: Don't get hurt at work. The work comp system sucks a dick and WILL destroy your life as you know it.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
It never really occurred to me until just now that it's somebodies job to get the bodies out of the river.

Hahaha life is loving ridiculous.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

I don't have workman's comp, if injured in the line I have a 75% salary Line Of Duty injury retirement option.

Brb, gonna go hug my union rep.

SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007

Obama Africanus posted:

It never really occurred to me until just now that it's somebodies job to get the bodies out of the river.

Yeah floaters are one of my least favorite recoveries to do. This particular woman had jumped off of the Golden Gate about three weeks earlier. Good times.

JiimyPopAli
Oct 5, 2009

SrgMagnum posted:

I hear stuff like that is mighty legal a bit farther north of where I am now. Land is beautiful and cheap too. You guys are pretty smart.

Our beer is generally stronger, and our dollar is weaker. Plus we're polite as gently caress. Lax weed laws. What's not to love?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Obama Africanus posted:

This is literally a picture of me looking for a body in the river. Life is loving rediculous.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
One of the first things issued to me at my old job after a sidearm was a body bag and a underwater drag line with hooks to find a body.

Protip - Don't die in saltwater near the beach. Crabs will eat your eyes. And I don't want to eat your eyeball juice crabs when I get my dozen. Thanks.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
Got a job as a photographer.

My corporal called and said he's hurting for people and is in the process of getting with hr to put together a package with better pay and a signing bonus for me to come back.

Am I stupid for considering it? Or am I really stupid?

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

GunForumMeme posted:

My corporal called and said he's hurting for people and is in the process of getting with hr to put together a package with better pay and a signing bonus for me to come back.

Times are tough man. If you need a job and nothing else is coming your way I don't think anyone can fault you for considering it.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

GunForumMeme posted:

Didn't you get paid 10/hour? What'd they bump you up to?

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Got stuck babysitting one of the vigils for the Ferguson shooting tonight. Pretty boring. Even had a few people say hi. :unsmith:

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Got stuck babysitting one of the vigils for the Ferguson shooting tonight. Pretty boring. Even had a few people say hi. :unsmith:

Who are our mods now?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
you really cant just check from the forums list you lazy dick?

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Who are our mods now?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=111426

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Hahaha, what the hell?

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

you really cant just check from the forums list you lazy dick?

Bring it, bring it on you loving animals.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
N4i is our mod now, GIP has become helldump and FYAD combined.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Remember this "moving image" from the protests yesterday?

This is what the front looked like:

Tattooed tits, purple hair, and sharpie FTP? Well now. :quagmire:

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

Grem posted:

Didn't you get paid 10/hour? What'd they bump you up to?

Left at 12.50. Of course three months after I left everybody got a two dollar/hr raise. The way he was talking I'd go back to my supervisory role and there'd be a signing bonus plus I'd still get my 2k end of the year bonus. No word on my housing. Part of my benefits package was that I had a 2br/2ba place for 250/mo, with the caviat being that I was on call all the time. That was probably why I stayed as long as I did.

I'm slightly tempted but I'll probably just try this new gig out where I just take pretty pictures of people and I don't have to worry about a subordinate OCing me instead of the bad guy.

At any rate at least I don't work in Ferguson, Mo.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Branis posted:

N4i is our mod now, GIP has become helldump and FYAD combined.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gd2ch1FsPU

Keep using the report button if poo poo goes down or PM me I'll take care of it.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

poo poo is about to go down when I rally my loyalist forces, coup scum.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Untagged posted:

Remember this "moving image" from the protests yesterday?

This is what the front looked like:

Tattooed tits, purple hair, and sharpie FTP? Well now. :quagmire:

She dances at Larry Flynts hustler club in EStL under the name Jasmine, I'm not making this up- she has ground the same vagina that shot out that kid of hers against the soft fabric of my slacks and the indiscriminate boner they hid underneath.

Small world.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
Did you get any extras or is that club not that kind of place?

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Branis posted:

Did you get any extras or is that club not that kind of place?

Nah I don't pay for it, and I tip extremely poorly.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

I'm glad I get to just sit back and appreciate your posting now, Shim. It always hurt me having to probate you.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
im kinda bummed you didnt probate me more, my rap sheet is a lil lean

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Obama Africanus posted:

Nah I don't pay for it, and I tip extremely poorly.

I was thinking that story ended with you seeing your long haired son for the first time in years. Guess not if you ain't tipping well.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Look what happens when you replace regular employees with contractors...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/08/15/report-irs-puts-taxpayer-data-at-risk/?intcmp=latestnews

quote:

Report: IRS puts taxpayer data at risk

MADISON, Wis. — As if Americans living in the perilous Information Age didn’t have enough to worry about with myriad predators lurking in the online shadows to steal their identities.

Now it appears their government may be helping thieves?

A new report released by the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration, or TIGTA, the Internal Revenue Service’s auditor, finds that some contract employees providing services to the IRS without required background checks had access to taxpayer data.

“TIGTA found that taxpayer data and other (Sensitive But Unclassified) SBU information may be at risk due to a lack of background investigation requirements in five contracts for courier, printing, document recovery and sign language interpreter services,” the auditor said.

In one contract for printing services, the IRS provided the contractor a CD containing 1.4 million taxpayer names, addresses and Social Security Numbers, TIGTA reports. None of the contractor personnel who worked on this contract were subject to a background investigation.

The unit they're talking about was replaced with government contractors and the director of that unit came over to our area(an area he knew NOTHING about) through the Bump and Retreat(steal) policy and proceeded to act like a giant shitlord.

Is it possible to CTP(Contract The Police)?

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Other than say off duty? Technically yes. See several cities in Washington that contract law enforcement with the local Sheriff's Office.

There are also a few private gated communities in VA that have private contract security that become special police with a commission, as always though they are usually complete poo poo lowest bidder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Untagged posted:

There are also a few private gated communities in VA that have private contract security that become special police with a commission, as always though they are usually complete poo poo lowest bidder.

GFM.txt

• Locked thread