Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
I always regarded Welbeck as a bit of a clogger but now that he's an arsenal man I think he has the right stuff. Mostly I like that we have alternatives to Yaya Thunderstrike Sanogo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

Frankston posted:

Villa are still trying to get Cleverley somehow, according to various reports.

ah ah

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

corpuscollossus posted:

I always regarded Welbeck as a bit of a clogger but now that he's an arsenal man I think he has the right stuff. Mostly I like that we have alternatives to Yaya Thunderstrike Sanogo.

Sanogo will make a late transfer to the Jozy/Bojan thread.

Heskie
Aug 10, 2002

The Mash posted:

I'll miss WelbeckKuyt even if he can be frustrating. He always worked hard from the first to the last minute regardless of what position he was playing and he scored some big goals for us. I honestly think he'll do really well at ArsenalFenerbahçe.

Me 2 years ago.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Heskie posted:

Me 2 years ago.

so are you a burnley plastic or a liverpool one? did you switch even faster than ec10?

Cabal Ties
Feb 28, 2004
Yam Slacker

straight up brolic posted:

I love the fact that United supporters are still saying "throw in a couple more world class players and i'd be pleased" when they've spent like £150m this summer.

I like to remind them the team they just dismantled won the league not long ago

Heskie
Aug 10, 2002

poo poo Farm posted:

so are you a burnley plastic or a liverpool one? did you switch even faster than ec10?

Liverpool plastic, but I occasionally go and watch local teams. Is that weird?

e: https://vine.co/v/OBFt9bxVAVB

Heskie fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Sep 2, 2014

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

falcao is one of my favourite footballers

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Looks like it's, *check calendar* September?!?!?!?!?

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

Shrapnig posted:

Looks like it's, *check calendar* September?!?!?!?!?

Why don't you go and make a thread about it

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Big Taff Man posted:

Nani went on a loan deal where we're paying all his wages lmao

Welp!

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

CareyB posted:

I like to remind them the team they just dismantled won the league not long ago

Yeah I'm definitely sad we won't still be playing the ghost of Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes' reanimated corpse in midfield in TYOOL 2015.

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!
Well, looking forward to seeing the English Gervinho running around a lot and then panicking at the last...

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

quote:

Finally the madness is finished! I protected the MAN and the player that I am today...

taking all the responsibility of the situation and for people who didn't want it...

...and I m VERY happy with myself to have taken such an important decision!

Nice meltdown Fabio Borini

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

derekf posted:

unironically looking forward to Hull play over the next couple months. 4231

I'm looking forward to Ben Arfa having a blinder and dribbling through half the team on his debut and then go missing for the rest of the season until someone hacks his legs again.

quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009
stop posting, close thread

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

hahaha

Cabal Ties
Feb 28, 2004
Yam Slacker

sebzilla posted:

Yeah I'm definitely sad we won't still be playing the ghost of Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes' reanimated corpse in midfield in TYOOL 2015.

Ryan Giggs is in a new improved dressing room cancer role as a coach and Scholes gets paid by Paddy Power to chastise your entire squad week after week. LOL

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
I am angry people someone compared kuyt and welbeck. Kuyt was loads better I love him dearly

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

PirateBob posted:

Some major pluses and a couple of big cons for Man Utd this transfer window.

Arsenal might take 4th place ahead of United courtesy of the contributions from a guy who was part of Man Utd since age 7 or something.

...or his composure will still be garbage and he will frustate the poo poo out of Arsenal fans. But I think the first alternative is slightly more likely, unfortunately. Strange sale.

Lmao United aren't gonna be challenging Arsenal for fourth, they'll be battling Spurs and Everton for the illustrious 5th place trophy at best.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Wenger is going to turn Welbeck into a central striker just like he did with Walcott.

Private Eye
Jul 12, 2010

Don't be so bloody gay, Cambo
It's official, Utd have overpaid for players:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-28984274

And the model is bemused by David Luiz's fee.

for all the people that might actually take this seriously: "For fans of the top clubs, though, there is one statistic that will justify a player's transfer fee at the end of the season - the number of trophies they help the team win"

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Wenger is going to turn Welbeck into a central striker just like he did with Walcott.

The Walcott striker thing was just a cover for him wanting loads more money according to pat rice.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

tbp posted:

I am angry people someone compared kuyt and welbeck. Kuyt was loads better I love him dearly

Kuyt has actually delivered in the past, it's insulting but I get the comparison.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

The Walcott striker thing was just a cover for him wanting loads more money according to pat rice.

Then he went and got himself injured. And now nobody cares about him because there are no international tournaments happening for a while.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3662181

Go here fuckheads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
The Walcott contract negotiations were hilarious. He played as a striker when he wanted and took every set piece for three months, then signed a new contract and went right back to playing on the right and never touched a dead ball again.

• Locked thread