Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

PUT THIS WANKSTAIN ON IGNORE
My mum always used to say The Sonic Hedgehog and Alex the Kidd. There's probably heaps more, but those two used to piss me and my brother off heaps. No matter how many times we tried to correct her, she always hosed them up. maybe she was just trolling us :iiam:

But on the other hand, she didn't give a gently caress later on when all our friends were over, smoking heaps of bongs and playing Goldeneye64 yelling and swearing at each other like xbox live retards.

She's cool I suppose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
She sounds like a real :gas:

smokyprogg
Apr 9, 2008

BROKEN DOWN!
MISSION FAILED
my dad was convinced charizard was actually called charlizard

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

nintendo tapes

how do you smoke bongs? with bigger bong?

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Its too early in the morning for this crap.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
charlizard is just how people who arent oriental say it

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

psyopmonkey posted:

Its too early in the morning for this crap.

It's 9pm here

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

Fagmaster posted:

nintendo tapes

how do you smoke bongs? with bigger bong?

You pack a bong and you smoke it der

E:and buckets. heaps of backets. That takes me back.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
dad called every game i played on the xbox halo.
"get off the halo and come eat dinner with me"
no dad go away im not even into halo

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

jesus CHrist mom, how many times have I told you it's NOT THe sonic hodgehog, it's Sonic THE Hedgehog christ mom get your facts straight!!

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

geke rowsperg posted:

jesus CHrist mom, how many times have I told you it's NOT THe sonic hodgehog, it's Sonic THE Hedgehog christ mom get your facts straight!!

But she never did get it.

CaptainAssholay
May 23, 2001

Don't Think

dad called every game i played on the xbox halo.
"get off the halo and come eat dinner with me"
no dad go away im not even into halo

you're gonna feel like an rear end in a top hat when he's dead. you should have stopped playing halo and spent more time with your family

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
My mom stopped playing games when she got stuck at Aganihm in A Link to the Past. She was playing every day so she was way ahead of me and I was a dumb little kid I kept asking if I could try. She passed me the controller and when I beat him on the first try she got really loving pissed off and screamed, "YOU KILLED MY GUY! YOU KILLED MY GUY!" and stormed out of the room. I even reset the game for her but she was so pissed it didn't matter.

A decade later I got her to play Earthbound, Illusion of Gaia and a few other games on her PC and she liked them but once she ran out of SNES rpgs she stopped playing. It was hilarious watching her play Earthbound because she couldn't figure out how to beat Giygas and must have died about 15 times. Once I had to bite my lip because she said, "Paula needs to pray because this guy is really hard" sarcastically at one point. I eventually told her that Pokey gave away the secret to beating him and she figured it out after that.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Aug 1, 2014

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Fagmaster posted:

nintendo tapes

Don't hook it up! I don't want em messing with the tv.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

CaptainAssholay posted:

you're gonna feel like an rear end in a top hat when he's dead. you should have stopped playing halo and spent more time with your family

tell me about it

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

My 6 year old nephews mum says that hes not allowed to play COD because its too violent, so we watched an hour and a half playthrough of COD:Ghosts on youtube instead :smug:

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Push your mum under a train.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

my dad always makes me play videogames from beyond the grave . im 34 dad ! sheesh

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Rapman the Cook posted:

Throw momma from the train.

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

he just wants you to be happy

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
My grandmother plays video games but my mother doesn't

I guess it skips a generation

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

cat doter posted:

My grandmother plays video games but my mother doesn't

I guess it skips a generation

your child is safe

my folks once visited Iceland and sent me a photo of Baldursgata street in Reykjavik :shobon:

Wrageowrapper
Apr 30, 2009

DRINK! ARSE! FECKIN CHRISTMAS!
My mum was never interested in video games and had never played a single one until she and dad got a ps3 for something to do. She got Gran Turismo 5, then she got a racing wheel and now she has unlocked everything from that version and the sequel. So from hater to absolute nerd in well under a year.

nimh
Sep 18, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
heres 20c for the sputnik machine

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
When my mom played Double Dragon for two minutes, she enjoyed beating up the tough ladies with mohawks.

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

My mum uses computers for a living but she doesnt have a clue about them, video games, or mobile phones. Or anything electronic really. They are just fancy typewriters to her

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
I agree OP your mother is p. cool especially at all the sex she has with everyone in this thread including you

p. cool indeed

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
My dad was always "DON'T TOUCH THE KEYBOARD WHILE IT'S LOADING!!! :ohdear:" whenever we'd be playing C64 games that used to have to load for 5 minutes on the tapedeck.
He was really scared that pushing any keys would break it somehow.

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

Quickscope420dad posted:

I agree OP your mother is p. cool especially at all the sex she has with everyone in this thread including you

p. cool indeed

I've been in her vag hole at least once. It was pretty tight IMO, but then again, they all are.

E:cos I have a big dick

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010
My dad brought me a Atrai for Christmas when I was five or four instead of a NES because he couldn't tell the difference.
I was pissed all Christmas and he couldn't work out why but it's cool he made up for it by getting me a NES a few months later.

He's only ever played two games in his life. That 2-player cowboy duel game on Atari and for some reason he was really into Killer Instinct and loved playing as the skeleton guy. It was really weird he used to giggle and keep laughing about how crazy looking the characters were while playing, which was odd coming from my 6.2,18st angry Scottish dad.

Also he let me get an N64 for xmas even though it came out in March and all I had to do was keep £50 back from my christmas present allowance.

Krypt-OOO-Nite!! fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Aug 3, 2014

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

My dad used to play some lovely atari games with us. The only one i can remember is Battlezone, some lovely tank game that was impossible to play, like most Atari games, and some other game that was about the F-117 stealth bomber, which sucked even harder.
No wonder mum divorced him

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
My dad has been playing the original Master of Orion for 20 years.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
My dad was at Nintendo building and they were making a new game, they kept saying "Marmot Brothers" and "Douglas Brothers" and other stuff that sounded so bad, and he peaked in the door and said "Hey, Mario Brothers" and did a thumbs up gesture. And that night he got laid by 20 japanese women.

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

were the characters already italian, or are the japanese just racist?

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
My dad would call Kuzco the llama "the camel" much to my chagrin

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Wrageowrapper posted:

My mum was never interested in video games and had never played a single one until she and dad got a ps3 for something to do. She got Gran Turismo 5, then she got a racing wheel and now she has unlocked everything from that version and the sequel. So from hater to absolute nerd in well under a year.

ur mum sounds cool

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
"Them pokeman game cards."

I used to get scared at night as a kid. Lying in bed feeling afraid. Then I would hear the soft tweeting beep of the referees whistle coming from the living room as my dad made another down on his John Madden football Sega game. Then I felt better knowing he was in the other room.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Wicker Man posted:

"Them pokeman game cards."

I used to get scared at night as a kid. Lying in bed feeling afraid. Then I would hear the soft tweeting beep of the referees whistle coming from the living room as my dad made another down on his John Madden football Sega game. Then I felt better knowing he was in the other room.

pro tip: your dad put the controller down and let the computer just make touchdowns again and again while he was busy banging your mom

he did this for your protection though

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

My dad didn't play vidja but he did let us use his crazy dice for snakes and ladders. It's a much quicker game with a d20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pfs Write
Jun 29, 2014

get/save/remove
my dad bought me goldeneye for my birthday. he actually liked games, and at least a week before my birthday i went downstairs and saw that he had goldenye in the slot but wave race was sitting in front of it to try to hide it.

yeah dad ill never notice.

• Locked thread