Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/penny-starr/vancouver-schools-new-lgbttq-policy-includes-gender-free-pronouns-xe-xem

Good job tumblr

At least choose something cool like "zim"

It let's trans kids engage in sports that their identity can participate in, but why not just abolish it completely and let girls and boys play football??

Seems like it only magnifies issues?? Idk

Tia, I'm gay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

cool

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

zyr right, arn't zey

COBRARocky
Jul 28, 2013

gently caress this gay Earth.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
gently caress this trans earth actually

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
It's the end of america.

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

how do they render the 'x' in the new pronouns? IPA pls

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

those kids will be bullied

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

btw didn't read the article

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The thing is, they're doing it all backwards. Introducing trans safe stuff for kids is great, but where the hell is the sex ed? ( I have no idea how sex ed works in Canada) 1-5th grade, permission slips to let teachers answer questions kids might have (they won't) but by puberty hits, 6th grade, poo poo should start getting discussed.

Especially with everyone all super awkward and their hormones loving them so thoroughly they literally don't know it. "You'll grow out of it, it's just your hormones" doesn't register.

Working with high schoolers has made this amazingly apparent. It's like trying to tell someone to bootstrap out of depression, but instead of telling them that, you tell them to ignore their hormones and just deal with their loving mental trap that makes middle school miserable for everyone. And to some extent, high school.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
boooooooooo hisssssssss

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Jalleyfish posted:

btw didn't read the article

I wasn't going to then I did cause it's like 3 paragraphs (no judgement)

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

haha it was in the first paragraph.

if they wanted to be called 'ze' then why spell it xe

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

they also need to add more letters to LGBTTQ+ because that's awfully exclusive

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

This has nothing at all to do with the kids, and all to do with the parents forcing their agendas

Kids create their own groups of friends based on mutual interests etc, identifying anyone "different" for all to see is only going to cause them more stress

Although it will probably be 90% used by those who have the need to feel special and unique, read: morans

ReptileChillock
Jan 7, 2014

by Lowtax
gently caress this gay earth

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Davincie posted:

I'm glad.

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

ReptileChillock posted:

gently caress this LGBTTQ+++ earth

FTFY

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Jalleyfish posted:

Most homosexuals I know are really bummed out about being lumped with trannies.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Xetremest influence at work on our kids folks.

Sally & Sam not Xally and Xam is what i say to this folks. Thats just a little wordplay folks ; ).

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Jalleyfish posted:

It's QUILTBAG now

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
How do you pronounce that even? Kse?

BigBoss posted:

Most homosexuals I know are really bummed out about being lumped with trannies.
Sounds like you know a lot of assholes.

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

Davincie posted:

good

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

and here we are having a really difficult time convincing people that our pronouns are royal as we are a transtocrat. address us as your majesty or you are crushing our loving identity you miserable plebeians

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Davincie posted:

yep

what did they hope to accomplish with this other than an increase in swirlies

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

good. now it'll be easier to figure out who to punch

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Cardiovorax posted:

How do you pronounce that even? Kse?

Sounds like you know a lot of assholes.

You must not know many homosexuals. Gays are usually catty as gently caress. That doesn't mean they don't have a point though. Being lumped with all the "others" sucks.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
If you are offended by pronouns you have a much bigger problem than pronouns

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

man I wish I was a kid now, I'd be like "buuttt mom I'm a genderfluid otherkin trans furry and school is too triggering!" and I'd never have to go to school and there'd be news reports about what a hero I was and I'd play video games all day and be like :hellyeah:

Wingless
Mar 3, 2009

Wouldn't, say, a transboy want to be called he? And a transgirl she? Who wants to be xe?

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
LOL you were born wrong lol no XE for you

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

BigBoss posted:

You must not know many homosexuals. Gays are usually catty as gently caress. That doesn't mean they don't have a point though. Being lumped with all the "others" sucks.
I am gay, but most people I know take the T in LGBT fairly seriously. But then again I'm from Cologne and we have a Travesti bar like every five meters.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

I'm not sure Vancouver schools should be letting kids join Private Military Companies.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Wingless posted:

Wouldn't, say, a transboy want to be called he? And a transgirl she? Who wants to be xe?

people who don't identify as their own gender but aren't trans, they are so super special that they can't be called he nor she

most identify either as simply no gender or as some kind of ambiguous "third" or "non-binary" gender, which as far as I can tell (and I've tried) means basically nothing

please do not conflate actual trans people with this bullshit

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Cardiovorax posted:

I am gay, but most people I know take the T in LGBT fairly seriously. But then again I'm from Cologne and we have a Travesti bar like every five meters.

LOL you're German. Nevermind. Your points are totally invalid.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Wingless posted:

I think that's for those "non-gendered" or "double gendered" people who believe that they're two genders simultaneously, which is tumblretarded and smacks of attention seeking. I assume the trans students are just going to be the sex they identify as.

I know... blah blah gender is a construct but this whole "xe" and "xem" thing just feels like boring people who aren't transsexual or even gay/bi wanting to be included in this "new transsexual/transgender thing".

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

King Vidiot posted:

I think that's for those "non-gendered" or "double gendered" people who believe that they're two genders simultaneously, which is tumblretarded and smacks of attention seeking. I assume the trans students are just going to be the sex they identify as.

I know... blah blah gender is a construct but this whole "xe" and "xem" thing just feels like boring people who aren't transsexual or even gay/bi wanting to be included in this "new transsexual/transgender thing".
I think some Native American groups have a third gender, in which case this wouldn't necessarily be attention seeking, seeing as it's a normal part of their traditional culture. I believe some other cultures have a similar "third gender" too. Not sure they would use the pronouns xe/xem though.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Guys guys guys, this has been done before: A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I think some Native American groyps have a third gender, in which case this wouldn't necessarily be attention seeking, seeing as it's a normal part of their traditional culture. I think some other cultures have a similar "third gender". I'm not sure they would use the pronouns xe/xem though.

For them it wouldn't be, but we're not talking about them. We're talking about Canadians and also incredibly white people on tumblr.

• Locked thread