Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Mr. Nice! posted:

How's the fucker that wrecked the truck?

In a huge case of gently caress you, dude had the nerve to put himself in for a driver's badge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

not caring here posted:

In a huge case of gently caress you, dude had the nerve to put himself in for a driver's badge.

That's loving chutzpah right there.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

not caring here posted:

did he GET the badge?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

not caring here posted:

This is my favorite thing right here.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

not caring here posted:

Lol if anyone actually wears a drivers badge. Driving is so badass, im gonna pin a driving medal on my chest.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

tuluk posted:

did he GET the badge?

Funny thing, I think he did, but training room dudes are more than a little annoyed about it.

He's not the most popular dick in the bowl, surprisingly.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Show up wearing an Army Service Ribbon and a drivers badge as the only things on your ASUs.

kill you are self
Jun 17, 2005

pa rum pum pum pum
Any good resources for going on unemployment post-separation? State residency requirements, do I need an LES/other paperwork, how long I qualify, how long after separation I can wait until I apply, if I have to do the weekly "prove I'm searching for a job" while I collect, etc.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

kill you are self posted:

Any good resources for going on unemployment post-separation? State residency requirements, do I need an LES/other paperwork, how long I qualify, how long after separation I can wait until I apply, if I have to do the weekly "prove I'm searching for a job" while I collect, etc.

Heh.

kill you are self
Jun 17, 2005

pa rum pum pum pum
obama bucks

calmasahinducow
Oct 31, 2004
i am a pirate of the high seas

kill you are self posted:

Depends on the state I think. I'm on unemployment right now and it was fairly easy to get. Had to snail mail my DD214 after inputting some information online. Total amount of work was about an hour for ~400 a week.

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.

zombie303 posted:

Lol if anyone actually wears a drivers badge. Driving is so badass, im gonna pin a driving medal on my chest.

Drivers badge and expert grenade badge. The hardest of the hardcore.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Meat gazers should get a badge. UPLs get a master meat gazer badge and a COCK KING tab.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

RichieHimself posted:

Drivers badge and expert grenade badge. The hardest of the hardcore.

I forgot about the expert grenade badge. LOL so wore that during graduation.

Bloodborne
Sep 24, 2008

Army...driber?

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
army speel gud

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Bwahahahaha. Our company UA sent a message to my personal email demanding that I complete a survey and have each of my soldiers complete it, too. He can get hosed, I'm on transition leave. Also I'm pretty sure that half of my soldiers don't even have computers.

psydude fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Aug 29, 2014

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

quote:

Also I'm pretty sure that half of my soldiers don't even have computers.

Is your unit in West Virginia or something?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
I never gave out my personal email to anybody Army-related, and if they did still manage to get it, I never answered anything. Only work email, only during work hours... and really only after lunch. Otherwise, get hosed.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

DoktorLoken posted:

Is your unit in West Virginia or something?

Yes. Yes it is.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

As a rule junior enlisted in the Guard must have the latest smartphone and J's but absolutely no way of accessing AKO or webmail.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I was around for the very first pre-rollout version of AKO where the instruction was "make an account, I guess." I, possessed by a random impulse, signed up substituting "Danger" for my first name and promptly forgot AKO existed. Like two years later AKO was instituted for real and oh hey, my account was still there. I changed my name back and figured no big deal. What I didn't know was at some point some genius decided to overwrite many official things with the user-entered data. This became clear when my PCS Order came in marked "Danger." I tried to fix it, command tried to fix it, but no matter what we did, orders awards, even my loving dogtags would show up "Danger."

Eventually I just learned to roll with it.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Subterfrugal posted:

I was around for the very first pre-rollout version of AKO where the instruction was "make an account, I guess." I, possessed by a random impulse, signed up substituting "Danger" for my first name and promptly forgot AKO existed. Like two years later AKO was instituted for real and oh hey, my account was still there. I changed my name back and figured no big deal. What I didn't know was at some point some genius decided to overwrite many official things with the user-entered data. This became clear when my PCS Order came in marked "Danger." I tried to fix it, command tried to fix it, but no matter what we did, orders awards, even my loving dogtags would show up "Danger."

Eventually I just learned to roll with it.

You say that like it's somehow a bad thing instead of something people would pay large amounts of money to have happen.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

JDAMS CURE PASHTUN posted:

I never gave out my personal email to anybody Army-related, and if they did still manage to get it, I never answered anything. Only work email, only during work hours... and really only after lunch. Otherwise, get hosed.
Also: never, ever send a read receipt. Especially important if the email came from anyone in S1.

11b1p
Feb 5, 2008

This picture is worth 20 words or something.
I still can't get ako mail to work

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I think they've moved everyone over to exchange at this point, so you need a smart card reader and all of the associated software to even access it.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Even then, you have to sign in twelve times and click seven links just to check your email.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Aranan posted:

Even then, you have to sign in twelve times and click seven links just to check your email.

Provided you have all the software and certificates installed correctly and the server responds.

Emphasis on correctly.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Provided you have all the software and certificates installed correctly and the server responds.

Emphasis on correctly.

I have to boot into a Windows 7 VM in order to access DTS. :smithicide:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
hahahahahaa gently caress dts :(

11b1p
Feb 5, 2008

This picture is worth 20 words or something.
I can't even log on from a computer where other people log on right before me!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

gently caress the army

sforzacio
Nov 6, 2012

gently caress the army

TK_421
Aug 26, 2005

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

gently caress the army

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

11b1p posted:

I can't even log on from a computer where other people log on right before me!

This is why we can't have nice things.

Bloodborne
Sep 24, 2008

gently caress the army

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I am trying to get my 2475 for SLRP. Nco says "they should have sent it to your owa acc"

:suicide:

quote:

gently caress the army

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

gently caress the army

somebody do september

• Locked thread