Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paradise Lost
Feb 11, 2003

kill your enemy, drink his wine, and take his women
http://www.armytimes.com/article/20140807/NEWS/308070081/SMA-Chandler-watching-you-No-really-He-

Having only been in long enough for two of them can an old person tell me if there has ever been a SMA people hated more than this guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
holy poo poo that's just icing on the cake of how loving useless SMs are, especially the SMA. literally just surfs facebook all day and tattles on soldiers to their command.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Chandler's a prick, that's how he got that slot

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Chandler's a prick, that's how he got that slot

He's watching you. Right now. Prepare for a negative counseling bitch.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Neo Duckberg posted:

He's watching you. Right now. Prepare for a negative counseling bitch.

Go back about three years when I still gave a poo poo about counseling. My last two OERs have language that strongly infers that I'm nuts and those actually get iPERMed. His time would be better spent masturbating furiously over his job being a prick to compensate for his low self esteem.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Ashmole posted:

I haven't posted here in a few months, so I'm going to just loving rant it out.

I'm about 2 months from leaving Korea and it can'tcome soon enough. I hate being here so.loving.much.so god drat motherfucking much. I can barely articulate it. The loving alerts, the loving curfew (oh don't get me started on that loving poo poo curfew), the random GO1's, courtesy patrol...all of it. gently caress.

And now my BC is making it mandatory (legal told him he can't do this) to FRIEND him on Facebook, like the unit's page, and like every post. He bullied all of the CO's into doing it and my CO is trying to hang the fact that he is my senior rater over our heads to make us do this.

God loving drat it.

gently caress.

Is this even legal lmao

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

Cole posted:

Is this even legal lmao

The question is, what do they do with Soldiers that don't have fb? Make them friend him on myspace?

I can't wait for this one to blow up.

Edit:
OER Bullet
-increased social network connectivity and likes per person 2000%

Dream Weaver fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Aug 12, 2014

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
"BC, I don't have facebook but I can make you my world of warcraft friend [just don't be bad because we won't let you group with us if you are]."

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

imagine if chandler played league of legends

he's get permabanned inside of a week

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

Aranan posted:

"BC, I don't have facebook but I can make you my grindr friend [just don't be bad because we won't let you go to drag shows with us if you are]."

Painsaw
Jul 3, 2008

Butts lol
It'd be funny, except I had more than a few people in my last unit get their dicks hammered due to facebook stupidity.

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.

Anansi The Spider posted:

2 weeks reception, 14 weeks of infancy training, 2 months in the tradarmy. I say 2 weeks, I mean 12 days, of course I get jesus christ day off so I left on saturday night with the blessing of my 1sgt telling me my leave started this morning. Time to go get married to my fiancee and start collecting that sweet sweet BAH

And Honeboy bradley needs to return.

Night jumping was probably the most amazing thing I've ever done. My back loving perpetually hurts now though.

You should post less. Your total time in the army works out to less than half the time most of us have spent on a single deployment. Everything you post is worthless because you are a cherry loving private that isn't even in a real unit and you know nothing about anything.

You're like a 14 year old that just had his first beer walking into a dive bar full of grown rear end alcoholics acting like you're hot poo poo. Everyone hates you, they just haven't put forth the effort to let you know yet.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

wait... night jumping? so now Anansi went to Airborne School? :allears:

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

RichieHimself posted:

You should post less. Your total time in the army works out to less than half the time most of us have spent on a single deployment. Everything you post is worthless because you are a cherry loving private that isn't even in a real unit and you know nothing about anything.

You're like a 14 year old that just had his first beer walking into a dive bar full of grown rear end alcoholics acting like you're hot poo poo. Everyone hates you, they just haven't put forth the effort to let you know yet.

Hey uh, I don't know how to break this to you, but Anansi is lying through his teeth.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

at the date posted:

Hey uh, I don't know how to break this to you, but Anansi(IDR) is lying through his teeth.

corrected

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

tuluk posted:

corrected

Whip said the admins checked and it's not IDR. Still a shithead that I want to stay the gently caress out of this thread.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Whip said the admins checked and it's not IDR. Still a shithead that I want to stay the gently caress out of this thread.

You trust a cop to actually investigate something?

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

I read what Whip said. I just don't think the admins try too hard when gip is involved.
Plus stuff like proxy servers & tor nodes exist. And that faker moving somewhere else are all possibilities.

Whoever Anansi turns out to be will end up disappointing. Unless it's rrail doing a parachute account gimmick.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

He did match with a poster that doesn't post anymore, so I always assumed that he bought the anansi account to leave the old one behind. Either way, he's not anyone actively posting.

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF

Cole posted:

Is this even legal lmao

I guess legal talked to him before bullying all of the commanders into doing it. The vibe here is so bad.All of the commanders have stockholm syndrome because they'll say stuff like "yeah I know its ridiculous/hard/whatever, but he knows what he is doing".

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Ashmole posted:

I guess legal talked to him before bullying all of the commanders into doing it. The vibe here is so bad.All of the commanders have stockholm syndrome because they'll say stuff like "yeah I know its ridiculous/hard/whatever, but he knows what he is doing".

Are you in Suwon? I can't keep up with AVs. That place always was a hellhole, and it sounds like a real ADA thing to do.

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM

Cole posted:

Is this even legal lmao

[NOT LEGAL ADVICE JUST OBSERVATION]

He's not ordering you to break any laws or infringing on your constitutional rights, so it's a "lawful order" in that sense; however there's no real military nexus to requiring someone to a.)join facebook if they're not already a member, b.) friend the unit page or c.) "like" the posts there, so that'd be the approach I'd take if I were a TDS attorney that saw an Article 15 for something of this nature... I'd advise my client to turn it down most likely.

That being said you can save yourself a lot of hassle if you make a throwaway account as has been suggested. Like a lot of "orders", there's no real teeth to it should someone decide to buck the system, but it's never really worth the effort to be "that guy".

Defleshed fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Aug 13, 2014

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
Goatse that mother fucker's wall

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM
http://www.armytimes.com/article/20140812/NEWS/308120071/Attorney-Manning-not-receiving-hormone-therapy?sf29725596=1

Interesting. I think this is the first time the Army has dealt with this inside the USDB. I wonder what happens when the treatment is complete? Do they move him to the women's unit?

I tried a case against David Coombs at Fort Hood a couple months ago. He's the epitome of the smiling glad-handing public relations type of lawyer. I got a conviction anyway.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

elite_garbage_man posted:

but take a homage pic that way its more personal

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF

Carteret posted:

Are you in Suwon? I can't keep up with AVs. That place always was a hellhole, and it sounds like a real ADA thing to do.

Nope, I'm an Armor dude.

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

elite_garbage_man posted:

Invite him to farmville!

11b1p
Feb 5, 2008

This picture is worth 20 words or something.

White Chocolate posted:

Invite him to farmville!

Invite him to Candy Crush and ask for lives every hour.

sforzacio
Nov 6, 2012

Comment on every post that your sister in law has found a way to make A TON OF MONEY just by SURFING THE INTERNET and that everyone should get on board by emailing you.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
Or just register an account as someone else from the unit and go hog wild.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Heartache is powerful, but democracy is *subtle*.
God, even New Jersey is better than Afghanistan. For starters, it doesn't smell like human poo poo.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

psydude posted:

God, even New Jersey is better than Afghanistan. For starters, it doesn't smell like human poo poo.

Whoa now, let's not say things about Fort Dix we can't take back.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

psydude posted:

What fantasy version of Jersey are you in where it doesn't smell like poo poo?

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

JDAMS CURE PASHTUN posted:

What fantasy version of Jersey are you in where it doesn't smell like poo poo?

I live in jersey and it doesn't smell that bad, unless... I've become accustomed to it... oh no! Also I was just at Fort Dix to buy new clothing shits and they were closed on monday, wtf Army.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Dix is still infinitely better than Camp Shelby. Only really lovely thing is that everything closes at 6-7pm for some loving reason.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

psydude posted:

Dix is still infinitely better than Camp Shelby. Only really lovely thing is that everything closes at 6-7pm for some loving reason.

If they gave America an enema, Camp Shelby is where they'd stick the tube.

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.

McNally posted:

If they gave America an enema, Camp Shelby is where they'd stick the tube.

The burger stand at Camp Shelby introduced me to the frito pie. For that I am grateful, but if the entire place fell into a sinkhole I'd be cool with it.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

RichieHimself posted:

The burger stand at Camp Shelby introduced me to the frito pie. For that I am grateful, but if the entire place fell into a sinkhole I'd be cool with it.

As long as the gut truck made it out okay and kept delivering frito pie to the soldiers caught in the ruins.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Got my DD-214 and my REFRAD orders. Now to sit around doing nothing for 5 more days until they finally let me go home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Carteret posted:

That'd be me, got the gently caress out of there just before this most recent round of stupid poo poo started dropping around the end of April. People at Drum still don't believe me when I say that it's better than Shawshank but every once in a while I'll bump into other former inmates that have agreed they'd take this frozen hellhole over Suwon every time.

• Locked thread