Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Can you wear the multicam issued boots with ACUs, like how you can wear the ACU issued boots with multicams?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

The side-zipper shoulder pockets from the combat shirts were great. Glad to see they made it into the regular uniform.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Victor Vermis posted:

I always found keeping stuff in shoulder pockets to be annoying. I think ear plugs are the only things I ever kept in mind by choice.

I keep my Afghan cellphone in my shoulder pocket so it's easier to access.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

We need to elect another retarded Republican that will get us into another bullshit war.

e: But somewhere with trees and grass and legal drinking this time

psydude fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Aug 5, 2014

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

This deployment I usually went 1 and a half to 2 months without a haircut. When our 1SG would start bitching about it, I'd do the old trim right around the ears trick and then wait another week or two before actually getting it cut just 'cuz.

e: Only like two and a half weeks left until I'm REFRAD. The number of fucks I give is extremely low.

psydude fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Aug 5, 2014

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

gently caress. Apparently there was a German 1 star wounded in the attack as well.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

anne frank fanfic posted:

deployed, waiting for a refrad date in theater, counting down the days. lol youre gonna die in the next 2 weeks or so

We've got guys who are about to retire after we're done. I figure they'll be the first to go.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Government cheese? It's 4000 dollars (not even the IRS maximum) and requires you to be further indentured to the government for four years. For comparison, two companies that I recently interviewed with will pay up to $6200 in TA each year and only require that you stay with them for one year after you're done using it. It's better than nothing, I guess, but when you consider how much of a pain in the rear end it is to use, along with the ADSO, I wouldn't consider it a benefit as much as a way for them to rope you in past your obligation.

psydude fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Aug 8, 2014

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

White Chocolate posted:

I still have four years before my first contract ends.

It's four years from the last day that you use TA. So if you plan on using it anymore, then you'll start to owe extra time.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Romania is pretty cool. gently caress you, Afghanistan.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Paradise Lost posted:

Last time out of Afghanistan my brigade was one of the first groups to go through there, nice actual midway transition.

Best part was the bde csm giving my 1sg a lecture on how no one had better go to the bar and the bde cdr basically saying "gently caress that, get drunk and sleep it off."
Yeah the no drinking thing is kinda lame, especially since redeploying people were allowed to at Manas, but whatever. The food's good, there's grass, it doesn't smell like poo poo, and we got split off from the main body so nobody's bugging us.

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

E: Did you make O3 yet?
Not yet. They pushed O3 back to 4 years commissioned time.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Ashmole posted:

Probably get accused of lying. It's not hard to like the Facebook page, but I don't want him looking at my poo poo.

And the way that letter was worded... "the BC, your senior rater,..." like an indirect threat.

As mentioned, make a secondary "official" facebook account with your Army email and gay army photos. Like stupid facebook posts and post motivating hooah poo poo about the FRG while you're at work and then give no fucks.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

God, even New Jersey is better than Afghanistan. For starters, it doesn't smell like human poo poo.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Dix is still infinitely better than Camp Shelby. Only really lovely thing is that everything closes at 6-7pm for some loving reason.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Got my DD-214 and my REFRAD orders. Now to sit around doing nothing for 5 more days until they finally let me go home.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

nescience posted:

In anticipation of the GO1 that started this past weekend, my CO decided to enact a CO1 a week in advance. Is that even a thing? Commanders Order #1?

A company commander can effectively ban whatever he or she wants. Violations just don't carry the same weight in terms of NJP.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

lol our AGR ops NCO didn't bother to submit our travel request before he left early last week. Now the travel office wants everyone who's flying home to stay at Dix an extra 4 days. So I said gently caress that an am splitting a rental car with my buddy.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Bwahahaha, they aren't promoting my year group (in USAR) to captain until 60 months TIS.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Well, I just picked up FA 53 so at least I don't have to spend the next two years of LT time as an S3 bitch.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Sitting at home drinking scotch and beer giving no fucks. Life is good.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Amateur. It's the last thing you're going to do, would it kill you to do it right?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

not caring here posted:

In a huge case of gently caress you, dude had the nerve to put himself in for a driver's badge.

This is my favorite thing right here.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Bwahahahaha. Our company UA sent a message to my personal email demanding that I complete a survey and have each of my soldiers complete it, too. He can get hosed, I'm on transition leave. Also I'm pretty sure that half of my soldiers don't even have computers.

psydude fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Aug 29, 2014

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

DoktorLoken posted:

Is your unit in West Virginia or something?

Yes. Yes it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I think they've moved everyone over to exchange at this point, so you need a smart card reader and all of the associated software to even access it.

• Locked thread