Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I think our ineptitude in front of goal is a ploy to remove all opposition to Ched Evans coming back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Nigel Worthington resigns as York manager. Thanks for the twenty three match unbeaten run and the one win in fourteen it morphed into Nige x

Psybro
May 12, 2002
I know the 23 match unbeaten run ended with York down the bottom of the table, but after that run following on from getting to the play-offs from a poor position last season, I assume that things must've been obviously on the rot?

The only win in that 14 came against Stevenage, and Graham Westley's third spell in charge must see him with one of the worst records of any manager lasting longer than a season in League history, but he's soldiering on. I'm back home at the minute, I should've gone down the training ground and see if I could hear him audibly digging everyone out this morning.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Football's selectively fickle. Poor old Russ Wilcox, his reward for smashing an ancient record is to go and manage York.

Meanwhile, quality opener here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-_8-2ug12o

The free kick at the end's pretty decent too, even if the keeper was asleep for it.

E: Here's the official Colchester Survival Sears-O-Meter to accompany my prediction at the start of the thread:

HJB fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Oct 20, 2014

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTe2YOtMPMo

We're going up

EDIT: also have this http://www.bostonstandard.co.uk/spo...e-3-1-1-6366149

Popehoist fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Oct 20, 2014

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Christ, Freddie's exceeding even my lofty expectations at present. His goal in the last game was pretty drat good, but this is even better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAFFmhNdFK4&t=99s

Updated Colchester Survival Sears-O-Meter™. Imagine the Alps guy music from The Price Is Right as you look at it.

Love a goofy ginger, me. Beautiful sound of ball on glove too.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

HJB posted:

Christ, Freddie's exceeding even my lofty expectations at present. His goal in the last game was pretty drat good, but this is even better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAFFmhNdFK4&t=99s

Updated Colchester Survival Sears-O-Meter™. Imagine the Alps guy music from The Price Is Right as you look at it.

So if he scores too many goals the guy falls over and you get relegated anyway?

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Instead of the final whistle, they just play horns.aiff over the tannoy.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

I still don't understand how colchester maintain league 1 football on sub 4k crowds and there were only 2.7k there against Chesterfield.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Since there's no proper FA Cup thread yet it seems like the perfect excuse to throw more content into here.

Lots of the home league teams also have away league opponents, but there's plenty of non-league home sides in there ready to kill a giant or two. Colchester, Bradford, Doncaster, Chesterfield, Preston and Scunthorpe could all be on the telly.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

The Croc posted:

I still don't understand how colchester maintain league 1 football on sub 4k crowds and there were only 2.7k there against Chesterfield.

"Maintain" is a little generous, but there's a few reasons: Shrewd use of the loan market to grab unwanted Londoners, the Pride Of Essex, exorbitant ticket prices, very carefully.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

HJB posted:

Since there's no proper FA Cup thread yet it seems like the perfect excuse to throw more content into here.

Lots of the home league teams also have away league opponents, but there's plenty of non-league home sides in there ready to kill a giant or two. Colchester, Bradford, Doncaster, Chesterfield, Preston and Scunthorpe could all be on the telly.

big big fan of East thurrock united here.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Meh - having lost meekly on Saturday to Eastleigh thankfully we don't miss out on some plum tie. We once lost to Carlisle in the second round and they got Arsenal next.

Worcester City get a nice tie at Coventry, shame it's not a home tie as we could steal the gate receipts - Worcester rent our ground out as they sold their old one and forgot to build a new one, not even got planning permission yet!

JingleBells fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Oct 27, 2014

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I swear if we lose to loving Warrington

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

The magic of the cup, same game you played in the league 2 days ago

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Accrington Stanley? Who are they?

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

http://www.thefa.com/news/the-fa-cup/2014/oct/first-round-live-television-games-confirmed

Televised FA Cup games are out. Bradford and Preston aren't too surprising, but then the BBC have Exeter, up against some rugby lot. Elsewhere, Gosport have happily rearranged their tie with Colchester to early Sunday afternoon, seemingly unaware that this isn't how televised matches work. (I know the real reason but this is funnier to me)

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Certainly not gonna grumble about a TV payday

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Lionel Richie posted:

The magic of the cup, same game you played in the league 2 days ago

This Italian lad you've loaned us is ace. Thanks.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Italian haha he's from loving Chesterfield. But yeah we've noticed that he's doing well, it's causing a bit of aggro amongst our fans being as we've got hardly anything up front. Fickle young Nigel doesn't seem to like him very much though.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Warrington Town vs Exeter City about to start - live on BBC and I think it's on stateside too. Already managed to mark "Tinfoil FA Cup" off my bingo card!

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

JingleBells posted:

Warrington Town vs Exeter City about to start - live on BBC and I think it's on stateside too. Already managed to mark "Tinfoil FA Cup" off my bingo card!

Can we not lose please :smith:

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

mfcrocker posted:

Can we not lose please :smith:

The fa cup gods say NO

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

The Croc posted:

The fa cup gods say NO

At least we're a bit more lively than the Curzon Ashton gently caress up but we'll see how it goes

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

lol Exeter

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

The magic of the Cup

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Ah right it's in this thread. I lived in Warrington for 12 years and this is blowing my mind. Praying for a fixture near where I live now, can't wait. It's plastic as gently caress but I have atleast been to Cantilever Park for a few games in the past.

edit: #fuckrugbyleague

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

gently caress me in the arse :smith:

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Jimmy's the new Burton Albion manager.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Love a bit of Jimmy, me.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Oh boy it's official, we've signed Ch... Che... Adams. Che Adams, from Ilkeston FC.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

We're going up mates.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Let's do a little catch-up. It's getting a bit heated at the top, Notts County are doing stupidly well and it annoys me a tad, also annoying is the fact MK Dons are in the playoff spots while still having a million games in hand. In League Two, ol' JFH takes charge of his first game as Burton manager tonight, and Luton are maintaining the pace at the top, so good on them.

Meanwhile, on the Sears front:

The East Anglian Daily Times have obviously read the thread and decided to up the ante by suggesting he can score twenty goals, though in fairness my Sears-O-Meter™ is just for league goals, so maybe we'll both be right. Twelve already in November is pretty drat incredible though all things considered.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Came from behind to win for the first time since 2012 this weekend.

loving hell Hartlepool must be poo poo.

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

Er.. it's all gone bit pear shaped for Bristol, hopefully we'll recover but the lovely comfortable breathing space we had is gone.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

My heart bleeds for you. Actually, looking at it, it's a pain because MK Dons have enough games in hand to go top, and that's a vile thought.

My SearsWatch©2014 update: He turns 25 today. Happy birthday Freddie! I read somewhere that this now means he is the fourth senior Colchester player over the age of 24. And one of those is probably out for the season. Woo.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/10/hereford-united-suspended-fa-football

RIP Hereford United

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
NO-QUARTERMASTER

From the river (of Palestinian blood) to the sea (of Palestinian tears)
Does that mean no more hereford united football fan club gimmick posts?

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

The death throes of another little slice of history, it's a shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Sorry dear poor neglected thread. Here's something for you - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30612371

John Gregory has stepped down as Crawley manager for some open heart surgery so Dean Saunders is in charge.

e: I'm also linking this, partly because it's a good goal, but mainly because the title is great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zewt68nDhVU

HJB fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Dec 28, 2014

• Locked thread