Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

1337_ScriptKiddie posted:

e: I love m-div, and do not hate being a nuke yet.

I've never heard these words from anyone. Ever. Sure you're a person and not a Navy recruiting robot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Ogrel72 posted:

Serious question

Isn't this the same cruiser that has rammed or struck other vessels, and also gone through three or four CO's; why not just scrap the thing?

Gone through COs at a pretty nice clip really. Send all nobles there.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Sir Lucius posted:

Cool, I'm ready for the 1st class power vacuum this is going to cause in my rate. Also people on that list who deserve it is nice to see.

This bodes p. good as I can't take the first class test until March due to still being in training.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

LingcodKilla posted:

historically I thought it might have something to do with a "stable" of midshipmen for chiefs to tenderly caress. I think I read too much napoleonic navy fiction.

Just saw a DEP kid have a total breakdown during PT over his high school ex.... I don't think he's gonna do so well during boot.
He'll do great. After a tumultuous series of breakups and getting back together during DEP, he will ship to boot after confessing his eternal love for her.

She will bang his best friend the next week, the second best the week after. Somewhere after the third week a dear John letter will arrive and he will try to drink the cleaner that can't kill you.

The psych hold unit will clear him once he stops trying to off himself. She will come to the graduation and promise to never do it again.

They will get back together. She will put those "my boyfriend is a sailor" stickers on her poo poo car. They will turn into "I love my sailor husband" and "spouse is the hardest job in the navy" after the a school marriage for bah money.

The baby is born shortly after, she balloons up to 500lbs and he bangs some e2 fresh from boot.

Divorce 1 occurs.

18 years and 2 more divorces with 8-12 legitimate and illegitimate kids later he Is the MCPON. He looks back on the shambles that were supposed to be the prime of his life, takes a swig of military special whiskey, puts on his best fake smile, and addresses a crowd of sailors graduating boot camp.

"One day, one of you will be where I stand"

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
It is just a weird loving recruiter game when the Navy is shoving like trillions of barely qualified CTNs through school.

He should hopefully *know* its open. Like a guaranteed loving serfdom contract right there.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
The Stennis sucks and Bremerton sucks harder IMO.

Personally I'd go mcm just because it's not C7F

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Zotix posted:

To follow up on my last question a few days back, how exactly do I read this http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/enlisted/community/selres/Documents/SELRES%20Manning%20for%20WEB.pdf

I assume this is the most recent chart for current manning levels of the different rates. I'm interested in CTN as I posted earlier, so what row am I looking at for someone who is potentially looking to sign at MEPS. Is it CTN1, or the total row for it?

That looks like reserves. Are you going reserves?

You would be coming in as an SN

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

LingcodKilla posted:

Curious. I'll be doing my A school in Pensacola. Are their short time (6 month) car rentals like that charge something reasonable? I'd expect no due to it being a navy town but I'm curious.

What are you signed up for again? I'm in Pcola for like 5 more months and its my third time here. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

MancXVI posted:

If you don't own a car, just buy one whenever you get your partial restoration of basic human rights card from the barracks. Find a reputable dealership in Not Pensacola and get a ride there.

IT school is pretty short, and they don't even get car privileged for the first month or so. During the week the a school keeps them busy enough it's almost not needed.

I'd fall between buy one or wait until duty station. Personal choice.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

vulturesrow posted:

Greatest meal. My first deployment I had the classic cheeseburger with fried egg on it every single night at midrats. Except when in liberty ports of course.

Midrats on carriers were always the left over horse cock sausages from dinner. Unless they ran out, then it was beets and some bread.

Amphibs were better because the marines ate 4 times a day and demanded it.

Nite krew still best krew because you don't have to deal with everyone.

Edit: for a month or two we had a hookup with a Puerto Rican girl who cranked in the chiefs mess. She cooked so goddamn well they didn't care what she left with. Brought us double bacon cheeseburgers on fresh buns. Somehow she turned the hazelnut coffee creamers and boat cream cheese into a great hazelnut spread.

Again. Nite Krew so no one was awake to steal it from us

Laranzu fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Aug 16, 2014

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
I'm standing restricted master at arms watch for 5 hours. I'm in a room, bored, with 3 bored dudes watching me watch them.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

PneumonicBook posted:

Guarantee if the cdo saw him playing cards he'd be joining the restricted people he's watching.

I was tethering my laptop to the phone and learning python.

Technically job learning.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Sir Lucius posted:

Did they finally replace the pearl module in programming with python?

Think it's a bit of both now? Not there yet. I've been meaning to learn more python for a while now.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
I'd rather have a sleepy dude who knows his poo poo than a guy who stays awake and gets a 75. Let the class sleepers sleep, who the gently caress cares. They will either pass or fail on their own accord.

Now for some schadenfreude:

The Army had a pants on head retarded schedule for their night shift CTN-esque MOS students. They got out of class at 2300, and had to be at PT by 0430.
Well, the platoon sergeant who made this schedule and defended it classed up as a night shift student. Failed out of the first module. His excuse "I was too tired all the time, and could never study".
Now the army is doing their PT from balls to 0100. I wish every dumb rule implemented had to be lived by the senior leadership for a week.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

LingcodKilla posted:

Ok my DEP pool is hopeless. You guys better be way more awesome on the other side of this.

Just beared witness to another failed romance with pretty bad potential conquences.

The gently caress is up with dating bipolars.

enlisted.txt

Edit: Pick up all that crazy strange on the rebound. Then ship off to bootcamp with all the STDs you want.

Laranzu fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Aug 21, 2014

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Your standards are too high for my Navy. I know 5 starving a schoolers who would raw dog that.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

LingcodKilla posted:

I should go forward with my used RV plan, cover it with plastic and rent it out as a drivable gently caress shack.

Probably already been done. The quality in right off base is basically a permanent emplaced gently caress shack

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Navy combat team. This line sounds like some retardo superhero squad and makes me lol

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

orange juche posted:

Hey any CTNs in this thread or CTN instructors around? I have an ET3 in my shop who is looking at crossrating to CTN and wants to know what to expect.

Currently in school to cross rate. PM me if you have any questions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

LingcodKilla posted:

Is buying a flat of costco cupcakes cheating?

They taste better than most of the other terrible options

• Locked thread