Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Post the article for those who don't subscribe to toilet paper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

The cowpens has had quite a history just like every other CG. Its about time to shoot down another air liner.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

I thought there was a CG that ran aground near saipan about ten years ago.

Edit: Yeah a few post up.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Octopode posted:

E: Navy Crimes has updated the original story. It looks like the CO and CHENG were, in fact, found guilty of fraternization as part of the Conduct Unbecoming charges at mast. So, there you go.

CHENG must have been in a drought to want to sleep with a fat headed guy who had facial paralysis.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

TrialbyStone posted:

Thank you Great Lakes, for wasting 2 hours of my day forcing me to watch "Carrier" with an auditorium full of Booters, and having the gall to tell me "This is how the REAL fleet works"

I cannot believe i'm stuck in this branch for 2 more years; anybody currently deployed in San Diego have advice for how best to pass the next couple years?

Uh San Diego is a great place to be and I highly recommend getting a milk shake at Hodads. Also don't listen to anyone who says Old Town has the best mexican food, look for that in Chula Vista.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Pandasmores posted:

As someone that will likely never deploy with my 2 years left, all I have to say is save up money for when you get out and try to set up as much for yourself as possible. Also, booze and easy women.

I saved just my last year and it worked okay, but I had no plan. You can do a lot and see a lot without spending your paycheck. Don't be a schmuck and buy a bunch of useless poo poo or piss away your money. In foreign ports sure its cool to get a beer at the bar, in home port just stock up from the package store.

Also is he going to be on a ship or some shore command?

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

TrialbyStone posted:

I'm heading to a ship. I figure best case scenario I find myself a relatively inexpensive apartment out around base, *maybe* lease a car, and just continue living within my means as I've
been doing pretty much since I first decided this was the end. I plan on stopping my TSP deduction as well, because I fail to find a point in keeping it going if i'll be separating within 2 years time anyhow.

Thankfully if the Navy has taught me one thing it's how to live within my means.

If you are going to be on a ship don't lease a car. If you really need one buy a used POS that works well enough for cheap. Or buy a decent bicycle and use that plus the rail system. San Diego is sort of spread out but I don't know if its worth paying for a car there if its only two years.

Edit: A lot of people like to travel up to Big Bear for camping/hiking if thats your thing.

SPACE HOMOS fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Aug 7, 2014

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Why is it every other week some shmuck comes in here asking about wanting to be a loving CT? If you want a truly cake job be a SK and refill the soda machine you worthless gently caress.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

I wasn't on the Mustin but was on the JSM in Yokosuka. "Shorter deployments" means in and out 2/3 of the year, travel means tiny towns in japan, and expect some sort of certification or exercises every other month.

Also Mustin is a flight 2, don't know if that changes much for your rate.

About the travel, on my time of the McCain, we only went to Australia once, hong kong twice (one year was cancelled), vladivostok once, korea a lot, japanese ports most of the time. I guess saipan and guam a couple times.

SPACE HOMOS fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Aug 13, 2014

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Montana to ? I want to bike across country or at least those 100 mile rails to trails. But I am poor.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

If I had decided to stay in I would have tried to get orders to a minesweep, even though my chief told me it was a bad idea.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

You guys worry a lot. I am pretty sure every other week I was be counseled in A and C school. I told a STG1 to gently caress himself, got in trouble for calling a girl "watersport" as a nickname, and had to do stupid poo poo for not using a crosswalk. Then on the boat I told a CS1 to gently caress himself (stopped at XOI) and had plenty of counseling chits by my work center sup. For things like telling the guy signing my tags for 3m to kiss my rear end or throwing a tech pub at my work center supervisor.

If you make good grades and there is no paper trail who gives a poo poo.

Edit: Thinking back I was kind of a poo poo head but I did my job well so whatever. Also for as much poo poo I gave VT he did stand up for me if anyone tried to write me up or mess with me.

SPACE HOMOS fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Aug 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

I was applying for a second job and while looking over my dd214 I was thinking I don't remember getting qualified in one of the items listed. I don't remember if sitting that position long enough qualifies you or if you had to be sent to the school.

• Locked thread