Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

smertrioslol posted:

They breathalyzer test everyone who flags under 30 when they come back on base.

Don't come back on base over the weekend, hotel rooms are cheap

What is this amateur hour jfc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

iyaayas01 posted:

Don't come back on base over the weekend, hotel rooms are cheap

You're surprised by this?

I remember when I went through tech school people every weekend getting busted for DUI and underage and 99% of the time it was because they came back on base rather than just buying a cheap room

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

iyaayas01 posted:

Goons + military = X

Solve for X

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

shyduck posted:

I remember when I went through tech school people every weekend getting busted for DUI and underage and 99% of the time it was because they came back on base rather than just buying a cheap room

Godholio posted:

Goons + military = X

Solve for X

Yeah but it was smertrioslol, he's no cole so I was a little surprised

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

shyduck posted:

But you can't buy a hotel room, you have to get a hotel waiver. That's the rules.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

KirbyKhan posted:

Made it 6 years without bitching out on my PT test or suckstarting a glock. As of 2PM I'm out of this bitch. gently caress all a yall, I'M OUT.

Counted some screws, made staff, lost staff, hosed hookers, hosed bar floozies from 5 different continents of origin, got hosed by big blue, and all of that. I've never felt so happy in my life.

How the gently caress did you lose staff? Thats like being held back in special ed.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
God drat it I don't even want to bring it up, god daaaaaaaaamn. New EPR system guidance is finally becoming somewhat concrete, got the guidance from AFPC. Mandatory quotas for fives, slowly phasing out TIG and TIS from WAPS tests, WAPS points for evals shoot up to 250 (with the top counting for 60%, then 30%, then 10%) and every person in each grade has an annual closing out at the same time*. Rather than make an attempt to change the system, the Air Force has crawled up its own retarded rear end and developed a system solely to promote the fastest burning sycophants who are most willing to gently caress over their peers for that sweet, juicy five. Good thing I've got a shot or two at Master before this is fully implemented and I already planned to call it quits at E-7 while I still have some shred of a soul.

*They put all Techs closing out 30 November and all Staffs closing 31 Jan. Hopefully noone enjoys taking time off around the holidays because you'll all be shackled to a desk, drinking Wild Turkey and coming up with creative ways to say your folks are all special snowflakes. At least the summers are clear since it's all E-8 and E-9s.

Edit: Cenan gently caress the Air Force, it's now retarded enough.

Wild T fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Aug 12, 2014

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

That's actually pretty similar to the navy system.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Wild T posted:

God drat it I don't even want to bring it up, god daaaaaaaaamn. New EPR system guidance is finally becoming somewhat concrete, got the guidance from AFPC. Mandatory quotas for fives, slowly phasing out TIG and TIS from WAPS tests, WAPS points for evals shoot up to 250 (with the top counting for 60%, then 30%, then 10%) and every person in each grade has an annual closing out at the same time*. Rather than make an attempt to change the system, the Air Force has crawled up its own retarded rear end and developed a system solely to promote the fastest burning sycophants who are most willing to gently caress over their peers for that sweet, juicy five. Good thing I've got a shot or two at Master before this is fully implemented and I already planned to call it quits at E-7 while I still have some shred of a soul.

*They put all Techs closing out 30 November and all Staffs closing 31 Jan. Hopefully noone enjoys taking time off around the holidays because you'll all be shackled to a desk, drinking Wild Turkey and coming up with creative ways to say your folks are all special snowflakes. At least the summers are clear since it's all E-8 and E-9s.

Edit: Cenan gently caress the Air Force, it's now retarded enough.

ahahhahhhhahhhahaaaahahhahhhahahahaaaaahahaahhahhhahhhhahahaaaaahaaahahahhaaaahahhahhhahahhhhhhhhhhhhaahaahhaahahaahahahhhhhhhhhhhhahahaahahahahahahahahhahahahaaha

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Mr. Nice! posted:

That's actually pretty similar to the navy system.

Whoah now. This is the Air Force, we don't do sodomy (unless it's nonconsensual).

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Wild T posted:

Whoah now. This is the Air Force, we don't do sodomy (unless it's nonconsensual).

N4I disagrees sir.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
My EPR closes out in September. Cutoff to be pushed back to January is in October. I have to do an EPR for three months.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
They don't give me troops because I have autism and don't interact with others all that well. The upside of that is not having to write EPRs and no one makes eye contact with me in the hospital.

Edit: Pretty sure they only keep me around because the other people I work with are:
-Guy who pulled a knife on some people at work
-Guy who shows up and sleeps
-Chick who just edits photos and schedules shoots
-Chick who no shows on the regular

I can put a checkmark in a box and even give the right medicine at the right time so doing the bare minimum puts me head and shoulders above everyone else which is kind of nice.

Cenen fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Aug 12, 2014

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum

Genocide Tendency posted:

How the gently caress did you lose staff? Thats like being held back in special ed.

If I'm remembering right he had a line number and they took it away for some bullshit.

There was another poster here who was a staff but lost a stripe and got kicked out on one of the rollbacks. He never did explain what happened.

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE
Can someone educate me on what's so bad about the new EPR system?

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

My colleagues all have a boner for mediocre chain restaurants and stores. We're in a new place with new restaurants we won't get to go back to.

I have a boner for live CBU-105s.

Dominoes fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Aug 13, 2014

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

iyaayas01 posted:

Yeah but it was smertrioslol, he's no cole so I was a little surprised

I've been here three months, zero fucks given about being hosed in half drunk on a Wednesday for no reason.

Oh wait I'm enlisted that's the reason.

Edit: new EPR system is great unless you're loving awful and can't beat the insanely low standards the air force sets. If your workplace is anything like mine I'll be making tech and master my first time because everyone else is an idiot with no social skills.

smertrioslol fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Aug 13, 2014

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Dominoes posted:

My colleagues all have a boner for mediocre chain restaurants and stores. We're in a new place with new restaurants we won't get to go back to.

I have a boner for live CBU-105s.

Did you hit up any of those places I recommended?

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010
Just told my Korean civilian I was putting him up for an award because he does 90% of the work here and he looks like he's going to start crying with joy. Great honor to his family.

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR

xaarman posted:

Can someone educate me on what's so bad about the new EPR system?

It means that non-flying enlisted stand a chance of making it past Staff

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

A Kpro posted:

If I'm remembering right he had a line number and they took it away for some bullshit.

There was another poster here who was a staff but lost a stripe and got kicked out on one of the rollbacks. He never did explain what happened.

Not to steal Kirbys thunder or give him flashbacks, but don't fall asleep in a cab near curfew on the way back to Kunsan. The fucker will drive in circles to rack up the fare then drop you at the gate after curfew. :smith:

nullscan fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Aug 13, 2014

zombieswithblenders
Nov 21, 2008
If I quit the AF is there anyway I can walk away with my GI bill? I know I would get a portion not all of it but is that possible?

zombieswithblenders fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Aug 13, 2014

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
If you get out before three years you get a portion of it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

zombieswithblenders posted:

If I quit the AF is there anyway I can walk away with my GI bill? I know I would get a portion not all of it but is that possible?

How do you plan on quitting? That's kind of important.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

What exactly do you mean by quit the Air Force, and if you get out willingly before you qualify for 100% benefit and no real plan (which I doubt you have) then you're an idiot

shyduck fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Aug 13, 2014

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Don't do murder, they don't kick you out until your prison sentence is over. I know a guy.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I knew of one guy who I guess was able to quit, he was enlisted for like a little over a year when an old employer called him up and offered him a position making like 80K a year starting salary as a regional manager of an auto glass company. He also had like 5 kids and I think he was able to play the hardship card or something.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Sucking dicks no longer gets you outta the Air Force, either.

It turns out it's now okay to suck dicks, you can suck the dicks. All the dicks, just suck them.

So that's not a way to quit either.

I bet if you came down with fibromyalgia / gender dysphoria / seasonal affective disorder / tinnitus / acid reflux / lower back pain / insomnia / generalized anxiety you'd find yourself on the quick trip to a RIF rather fast. Play those cards right and Uncle Sam might give you a big giant pair of beautiful breasts to play with and help you cut off your pud, kid. All so you can keep your GI bill while being a bitch.

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ shady midair gas hustler ~

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~
failing a bunch of PT tests doesn't work?

I mean they can't give you an art 15 just because you suck at push-ups

seriously does this not work?

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

Rekinom posted:

failing a bunch of PT tests doesn't work?

I mean they can't give you an art 15 just because you suck at push-ups

seriously does this not work?

Actually, I've seen an article 15 for PT test failure. The most shameful article 15, you don't even get to get drunk or have illegal sex or anything. Just be fat.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Wild T posted:

Actually, I've seen an article 15 for PT test failure. The most shameful article 15, you don't even get to get drunk or have illegal sex or anything. Just be fat.

You are a moron, or there was more to it than failing a PT test. I've been retired for years and even I remember you can't Article 15 fatties:

AFI Motherfuckin' 36-2905 posted:

10.1. Adverse Personnel Actions (for Unsatisfactory Fitness Members). Members are expected to be in compliance with Air Force fitness standards at all times. When members fail to comply with those standards (receive an Unsatisfactory FA score), they render themselves potentially subject to adverse action. Commanders should consult with their servicing Staff Judge Advocate before taking such action.

10.1.1. Prohibited Actions:

10.1.1.1. Commanders may not impose nonjudicial punishment (Article 15, UCMJ) solely for failing to achieve a Satisfactory fitness score.

It's like the first thing you need to be able to quote at dumbass over eager SQ/CC's looking to make their name on the backs of your fat airmen.

You're an SNCO aren't you? C'mon son.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

Not yet thank Christ. I still have some use of my liver.

The guy in question was up at Elmo, evidently the MDG/CC there used to try to issue them for multiple failures as 'failure to obey a lawful order.' Who knows if it made it through legal or not (probably not), but that didn't stop him from trying.

This is the same guy who made his entire group run several times a week alongside the only two-lane road connecting the two bases and a major housing area, with no sidewalks on either side and adjacent to a forest filled with moose and the occasional bear.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
they still can and do hand out article 15s to total retards who also manage to fail pt tests.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

"Hey, did you see my game against the Detroit Lions?"
can I just say gently caress the Air Force? Honestly, yes I can. gently caress

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

Obama Africanus posted:

You are a moron, or there was more to it than failing a PT test. I've been retired for years and even I remember you can't Article 15 fatties:

It's like the first thing you need to be able to quote at dumbass over eager SQ/CC's looking to make their name on the backs of your fat airmen.

You're an SNCO aren't you? C'mon son.

It's not hard to get someone on something else once they have a target on them.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

smertrioslol posted:

It's not hard to get someone on something else once they have a target on them.

I get that. But a PT test failure is never the basis for punishment under article 15.

It's been perversely interpreted as it can't be the sole basis because of terrible AFI writing, but NJP articles are the same as they've ever been, and the AFI is as clear as it's ever been.

Failing a PT test is in no way violating the UCMJ. If you don't understand that concept, you do not need to be someone who needs to understand that concept.

The admin sep process for fitness failure is administrative, not punitive. Anyone that does otherwise with the system is literal human poo poo and you can privately send me their names and details and I'll publicly and maniacally shame the gently caress out of them.

:argh:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Next year's CSAF reading list is accepting suggestions :getin:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I wanna suggest Germline

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
Mein Kampf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

I wanna suggest Germline

Oh man. I'm telling you, it's the closest we'll get to a Shimazu/Hunter S. Thompson mash up.

• Locked thread