Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
I don't think we can top Catch-22 being on the list a few years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Wait, I've got it.

Alternatively we could spam the list with Armadillo since they took it off last year's list after evangelicals cried about it.

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ shady midair gas hustler ~

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~
Lord of the Flies and Roots

Those 2 books are apt to military life than p much any other book.

and Night by Elie Wiesel, I feel like that one applies too

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

iyaayas01 posted:

Did you hit up any of those places I recommended?
No. And I regret it.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Dominoes posted:

No. And I regret it.

Man ya'll done hosed up

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

holocaust bloopers posted:

Oh man. I'm telling you, it's the closest we'll get to a Shimazu/Hunter S. Thompson mash up.

A wise old Jew once told me Hunter S. Thompson took classes at FSU while serving at Eglin. I bet Shim doesn't know that.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Casimir Radon posted:

Wait, I've got it.

Alternatively we could spam the list with Armadillo since they took it off last year's list after evangelicals cried about it.

Click :smug:

Also I don't know how this isn't on there every year.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Godholio posted:

Click :smug:

Also I don't know how this isn't on there every year.

Why don't you try to get the coffee table book of Dick graffiti that GIP put together(I can't remember if it was actually finished) put on there?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

It's out of print.

But otherwise that would be a fantastic idea.

It was done, I bought two copies.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
I think I have one copy left that I could send in if it somehow made the list.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Bought two copies. Gave one to a friend and kept the other. Everyone who's seen it loves it. They think it's loving hilarious.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
we.are.all.theprovlem..

zombieswithblenders
Nov 21, 2008
Was just wondering about it is all. I wouldn't be leaving anytime soon as the other dude mentioned no plan for an exit so where I am right now isnt that bad. If anything I would attempt to switch to guard from active.

Obama Africanus posted:

Sucking dicks no longer gets you outta the Air Force, either.

It turns out it's now okay to suck dicks, you can suck the dicks. All the dicks, just suck them.

So that's not a way to quit either.

I bet if you came down with fibromyalgia / gender dysphoria / seasonal affective disorder / tinnitus / acid reflux / lower back pain / insomnia / generalized anxiety you'd find yourself on the quick trip to a RIF rather fast. Play those cards right and Uncle Sam might give you a big giant pair of beautiful breasts to play with and help you cut off your pud, kid. All so you can keep your GI bill while being a bitch.

Thanks for the advice ill sleep on it. Well I would if my back didnt hurt as much from all this tossing and turning about my anxiety about the coming winter man I wish i didnt have insomnia its almost like this ringing in my ear is reminding me im really just a woman trapped in a airmans body i need some more tums to help stop my stomach from hurting i wonder what time the BX opens?

zombieswithblenders fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Aug 14, 2014

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
just purge the negativeity for ffs..... just vceel good. freddie would have wanted i8t thath way :) shoutout to hiliary clintons thong foir passing the torch : i th ink we can all agree with this n ext song. br oken vets who just want ourt little place to die in: abe advised: im here to talk to y ou gusy if yoiu feel like poo poo. i don't want any of u to off y ourselfs' you want to know why? cause ur betterr trhan th is stupid pog officer human being. an d i mean it. i dont give a gently caress if youare cole (gently caress i;l;' still talkk toyou bro) or wh atefver. dear god. dont' die on my watch. j ust lvoe
]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pMM4iwC-ag

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Informant Debate Renewed as Air Force Revisits Cadet Misconduct
Remember, OSI has your best interests at heart and only cares about the truth.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Dead Reckoning posted:

Informant Debate Renewed as Air Force Revisits Cadet Misconduct
Remember, OSI has your best interests at heart and only cares about the truth.

Also if you're an Academy football player you've still got a license to rape

quote:

The athletic director, Hans J. Mueh, a former chemistry professor at the academy, said in an interview that he had never seen evidence of any of the described misconduct. He argued that the academy had too many safeguards in place for cadets to cheat, whether academically or on drug tests.

lolin' pretty hard at that

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
I liked the part about the former QB general stepping all over OSI's attempts to harass and belittle his football players by doing things like prosecuting them for repeatedly raping women.

quote:

And according to Mr. Thomas and Sergeant Enos, the general allowed Mr. Cooks — the linebacker who was being investigated on allegations of drug possession, intimidation of witnesses and five sexual assaults, including rape — to remain in the dorms despite requests from prosecutors and O.S.I. agents that he be placed in pretrial confinement.

During that time, Mr. Cooks committed another sexual assault, according to O.S.I. documents. After the football season was over, he was convicted of abusive sexual contact in April 2013 and expelled.

Seriously, how the gently caress, Air Force?

Wild T fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Aug 14, 2014

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE
I have totaled up my work hours and it's 58 hours this week. The long hours don't bother me, it's just that I'm an MWS "experienced" Flight Commander IP and they are making me fly with the worst of the worst. Literally, they cannot take instruction, randomly nose dive at the ground, or try and hit the other the plane because they are so task saturated. Please do not kill me.

xaarman fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Aug 15, 2014

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Hey, at least that means they think highly of you, or possibly really really poorly.

TheOtherGypsy
Apr 6, 2004

xaarman posted:

I have totaled up my work hours and it's 58 hours this week. The long hours don't bother me, it's just that I'm an MWS "experienced" Flight Commander IP and they are making me fly with the worst of the worst. Literally, they cannot take instruction, randomly nose dive at the ground, or try and hit the other the plane because they are so task saturated. Please do not kill me.

Hook them all. Let the DO sort them out.

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE
I'm not a FAIP :(

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~

xaarman posted:

I'm not a FAIP :(

If they're trying to kill you by the time they are in Phase 3, the world could probably do without being terrorized in the sky by your awful students.

Or just send them to C-17s I guess.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rekinom posted:

If they're trying to kill you by the time they are in Phase 3, the world could probably do without being terrorized in the sky by your awful students.

Or just send them to C-17s I guess.

i know c-17s have all the fancy avionics but i swear every kc10 and c5 pilot has to transform into the :smuggo: king when there's a c17 guy around

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~
there is no honor among whores

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

This showed up in the SAPR brief I had to go to yesterday. Right next to a Rape Sloth meme and a picture of some girl getting dragged by her hair.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

This showed up in the SAPR brief I had to go to yesterday. Right next to a Rape Sloth meme and a picture of some girl getting dragged by her hair.

Haha that showed up in one of mine, along with B17 nose art of a scantily clad chick. The O6 said it was disgusting.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

Haha that showed up in one of mine, along with B17 nose art of a scantily clad chick. The O6 said it was disgusting.
My group commander really hates inappropriate poo poo getting posted on Facebook. She's really pissed off right now because this one dumb bitch she'd had to have a talking to in the past for inappropriate posts transferred to public affairs :laugh:

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010
:downs: Air Force culture of change is in full swing people hope you like being appropriate all the time :downs:

I loving hate koolaid drinking motherfuckers that want to suck every last little bit of fun out of working for this lovely bureaucracy plagued organization of weak willed pandering asshats.

That being said I'm going to leave work at lunch today and probably start drinking beer :smugdog:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I really like John Q. Public's new post.

AchmedTheSnake
Apr 6, 2006
This title is clever.
Just got that sweet 5 on an old school EPR. Looking forward to nothing but 4's from here on out. Also, if you really hate yourself, become a linguist and add the DLPT to your list of poo poo you have to do every year that's only purpose is to gently caress you over. Didn't pass? Welcome to 24 hours a week of your free time now doing something you hate and thought was going to be over once you left Monterey. But gently caress it, free degrees and that sweet sweet GI bill are basically guaranteed. Ya'll just need to make it to year 3 and get over it.

TheOtherGypsy
Apr 6, 2004

Godholio posted:

He's giving it his all now that he knows that everyone at HHQ is reading his blog.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Godholio posted:

As far as the MC-12s go, forget abusing their people at a criminal dwell ratio (like he points out they're far from the only community doing that), their leadership along with USAF senior leadership has killed people because of poor decisions leading to a bastardized community with no continuity and institutionalized acceptance of lovely inadequate training...and honestly they're lucky the body count has only been 4 so far. Same goes for a couple of other "need it right now" communities we've got thanks to fighting pointless wars in bumfuckistan.

But yeah, spot on good post, especially the part about flag officers considering FGOs to be nothing more than minions. The sad thing is there are way too many FGOs out there who do nothing to disabuse the notion that they are anything other than minions...and most of the ones I know who aren't that way are basically counting down the years till they hit 20 and can punch out of the bullshit organization.

Also holy poo poo, if you haven't been following the Blair Kaiser saga....grab some popcorn and start reading. Bonus tibit being this friendly reminder that "protected" IG communications are anything but.

tl;dr - SQ/CC is relieved for no reason, is given a referral OPR by a rater who the day before he was fired discussed a (non-referral) OPR with him that included, among other things, an OG/CC push line, rater basically says "I have no idea why your WG/CC relieved you, I'm still signing the referral, sorry," and then when faced with a Congressional inquiry on the matter the AF cites, as their sole justification for why he was fired, a CDI which had no substantiated findings of misconduct and was initiated five days after he was relieved. Also the AMC/CC was talking with some Majors from some AMC PME course in his office about professionalism or some poo poo and (allegedly) started talking about the intimate details of a protected communication made to his IG related to the Blair Kaiser situation...unfortunately for him, the individual who made the protected communication WAS IN THE loving ROOM when he started yapping about it and was a little miffed that intimate details from a protected communication she had made were the subject of a discussion with her four-star MAJCOM boss and many of her peers.

:laugh:

iyaayas01 fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Aug 19, 2014

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

Godholio posted:

Great article. It's cool how enlisted people are somewhere between primordial ooze and minion FGOs.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen

AchmedTheSnake posted:

Just got that sweet 5 on an old school EPR. Looking forward to nothing but 4's from here on out. Also, if you really hate yourself, become a linguist and add the DLPT to your list of poo poo you have to do every year that's only purpose is to gently caress you over. Didn't pass? Welcome to 24 hours a week of your free time now doing something you hate and thought was going to be over once you left Monterey. But gently caress it, free degrees and that sweet sweet GI bill are basically guaranteed. Ya'll just need to make it to year 3 and get over it.

On the other hand you get paid more for higher scores, so if you actually study instead of making up stuff for language hours you have more money for booze to make you forget how much being a linguist sucks. Or you can be like two people up here and fail the DLPT, get your promotion to SrA pushed back, and get a referral EPR.

antimatt
Sep 12, 2007

ultima ratio regum
gently caress being E-6 right now.

Especially being a fresh E-6.

It'd be super awesome if the blue weenie came with lube.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
So I'm the least popular member of my ALS class. Whatever, two more days and I don't have to ever see those pricks again.

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~
JQP is an interesting read sometimes because he likes to publicly skewer the type of people in this bureaucracy that I personally dislike the most (AMC leadership). At the same time, holy poo poo he loves to dial the goddamn rhetoric up to 11. All these goddamn platitudes about integrity, honor, and service. Give me a loving break, dude, you're not an 12th century holy warrior in the goddamn crusades. You're a retired middle management dude who stuck it out long enough in his cushy political Air Force job to collect a pension. gently caress off, Tony.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Gotta keep the masses riled.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Kuroyama posted:

So I'm the least popular member of my ALS class. Whatever, two more days and I don't have to ever see those pricks again.

What kind of horrifying goony gently caress are you? I'm a nerdy loser as shimazu will gladly tell you and I managed to make decent friends in als.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Kuroyama posted:

Jesus I remember the least popular member of my ALS class. He was a recruiter who had a stupid retort and joke for everything. By the end of ALS nobody even pretended to like him.

• Locked thread