Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Will A-Rod get put on waivers? I would think not. But he is making money on off days, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Schweinhund posted:

practically every player is put on revocable waivers, there's no downside to doing it. I'd guess he's not eligible though. And he's not being paid this year because of the suspension.

This article says otherwise, the Yankees are paying him 11% of his salary and the final 3 million dollars worth of his signing bonus. The other poster said that anyone who is getting paid gets put on waivers so I wondered if that applied to A-Rod.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Tender Bender posted:

I hope every player gets 162 games and A-Rod is the only one who can play next season.

A-Rod vs The Pitching Machine round 113. :getin:

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Pat Clements posted:

That said, any Yankee fans who bitch about Cashman or Giants fans who bitch about Sabean need to be fired into the sun.

I may just be looking in the wrong places, but I never hear of Yankee fans complaining about Cashman. I certainly don't.

R.D. Mangles posted:

Junior Lake, however, still roams amongst us.

I have always believed that he has an 80 name tool, so that could be it.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Just checking to see if I have a grey cube...nothing to see here.

Edit - woohooo exciting~

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Based on the way they are playing this year, I don't think the Yankees want to go to the playoffs.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'm surprised their record is even as good as it is considering their pitching staff is busted, and their infield is awful.

The pitching has been surprisingly not terrible. They are rarely out of contention on the scoreboard so an outside observer sees it as a close game. But I know they can't hit so one run is a monumental hill to climb.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

zakharov posted:

Brandon McCarthy is pitching today and he's been rather good since joining the Yankees.

Look at you being prophetic.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

They retired Joe Torre's number and put a plaque in monument park for him today. Lots of old Yankees showed up. It was cool.

Here is a video link of him pulling Strawberry from a fight in the opposing dugout.

http://youtu.be/n0QlGsgNLIg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Mornacale posted:

That cross-checker should be out of baseball starting today.

While not an excuse for Montero's behavior, the cross-checker was definitely egging Jesus on.

• Locked thread