Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jim Dwyer
Mar 29, 2014

tadashi posted:

Probably cannot be. From reading the restricted list rules, I think he would have to be reinstated from the restricted list first but you cannot do that between now and the end of October. He does not count against the Yankee's 40 man roster while on the restricted list, though.

Hilariously, if for some reason the playoffs were delayed/extended so that the WS rosters weren't set before October 28th, I guess they could resinstate him and let him play in the post season because his suspension was for 162 games. That would probably be a bad idea for any number of non-baseball reasons not to mention actual baseball reasons.

They changed the rules so that players who serve a PED suspension during the regular season are ineligible for the postseason, I think

This happened because Red Sox players cried about Jhonny Peralta driving in a run against them in Game 1 of the ALCS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jim Dwyer
Mar 29, 2014

MourningView posted:

I feel like I've read a ton of stuff saying they lost that trade though? Like there are definitely crazy folks on twitter overrating what they got back (especially that shortstop) to give Friedman the benefit of the doubt, but it's not "most" and I don't know if I've seen anyone going so far as to say they outright won the trade

Dave Cameron legitimately claimed that Smyly and Franklin are "more valuable" than David Price because of $/WAR or some stupid poo poo

Jim Dwyer
Mar 29, 2014
I, for one, am ready to write off Trevor May's MLB career after one bad start

Jim Dwyer
Mar 29, 2014

Scob posted:

Anyone else worry about what Stanton is going to be in his thirties? Hes really tall for a baseball player and I wonder if hes not going to be able to compensate his bat speed loss as he ages.

He already strikes out a lot so I could see him ending up more like Adam Dunn rather than a perennial MVP candidate

Jim Dwyer
Mar 29, 2014

Pumpkin McPastry posted:

Yeah, I like how saying an occasionally plus regular and then generally average-to-usable but flawed player is all of a sudden just trashing a prospect who has a lot in common with him.

Mark Reynolds knows how to draw a walk, though. Baez needs to mash like crazy in order to have value

• Locked thread