Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame

Korranus posted:

I think that was the third Astros game this year that got a zero rating. Plus they just announced a ticket price increase. Plus CSN Houston is tied up in a clusterfuck of a court battle, mostly instigated by the Astros, and may limp on in legal limbo for years to come.

The incompetence right now surrounding the Astros blows my mind.

It's the second time this year, and the third time in two years.

Court proceedings have actually shed a lot of light on how much Comcast and the Rockets are to blame for the CSN fiasco. Comcast for never actually bringing any carriage deals forward to vote on (they were the only partner that could negotiate carriage deals), and the Rockets for reneging on a cash call to actually pay the Astros for their media rights. When that happened, the Astros served notice that they would reclaim their media rights, per the agreement with the network, so Comcast got three of their affiliates to file involuntary bankruptcy to stop the Astros from doing that. David Barron has covered this bankruptcy case from the beginning, so search out his articles and blog posts for the most accurate stuff. He's a court reporter, not a sports writer.

E: I'm not arguing that the Astros are faultless, just presenting the actual facts. Feel free to laugh at the Astros, or blame the ownership group for not doing enough due diligence, or whatever.

Imasalmon fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Aug 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Jerkface posted:

Anyone who has been sharing MLB.TV get hit with this lately?

"User signed on too many times within an allowed time frame."

I didn't do any account sharing bundle purchase or anything, just gave the login to a few friends.

I've seen it once with our group of five, and after a few minutes it went away.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

That seems completely reasonable and fair to me.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

tarlibone posted:

Ausmus is beating Nathan's wife?

Well done.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Harlock posted:

Diamondbacks are so old school they still play Nintendo in the clubhouse

I'm not willing to cut up my NES to get it to interface with my current tv.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

The_Hat posted:

I don't know if there's a leaderboard for it anywhere, but just from my cursory examination of Fangraphs, Baez has a TTO% of 52.56.

The leader of the league is (of course) Adam Dunn, who just so happens to have a TTO% of exactly 50 right now (19 homers, 64 walks and 125 strikeouts in 416 plate appearances).

Other notables:

Chris Davis: 49.89%
Chris Carter: 46.49%
Giancarlo Stanton: 46.22%
Mike Napoli: 45.63%
B.J. Upton: 41.70%
Mike Trout: 41.64%
Carlos Santana: 41.34%
Ryan Howard: 41.33%
Justin Upton: 40.93%
Paul Goldschmidt: 40.29%

George Springer is around 51% by my math.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

nerve posted:

I think every time I see you post it's to let some fan base know they shouldn't be excited or enjoying something. Chill out dude!

Struck a raw nerve?

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Harlock posted:

Gonna be some major league bull when the Astros are allowed to sign Aiken

I'll still hate Selig.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Intruder posted:

Bud loves loving the Astros, whichever decision he makes it'll gently caress them one last time. Aiken better hope Bud decides they can't sign him because if they can his elbow will explode

Agreed. Highlights include forcing the team to another league, forcing them to change the park policy have the roof open during the world series, and forcing the team to play a "home game" ninety minutes away from their opponents home town while a hurricane was actively destroying the homes of all the Astros players, despite having both closer venues, and time on the calendar to delay the series. Whatever active role he plays in the Aiken scenario will surely end in loving the Astros once again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

I guess he left.

:golfclap:

• Locked thread